“Fantastic Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Fantastic Hotel”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Oh this hotel is just beautiful!!! Take plenty of time to walk around the hotel as every area is just stunning!!! The staff is very helpful and suggested some excellent places for us to get food. It has a great location and we were able to walk to shopping, the river and to tons of restaurants. We found the hotel on Expedia for a bargain which was great!! We ate one morning at the breakfast buffet and I would say that was a bit pricey for the food but the bar that night was amazing with fabulous cocktails!!! Its about 15 minutes in a cab from the airport!!! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JBrianne715
Armin S, Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear JBrianne715, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear your positive words and are glad that you had such a tremendous stay. We are looking forward to having you in our hotel again soon. Best regards, Armin Schröcker. General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2013

A great hotel with real character , I was upgraded to a great suite , Good buffet breakfast and a pleasant bar , including a live pianist , excellent service. A short walk to the old town and the river.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Wayne B
Dear Wayne B, thank you for your positive feedback about our hotel. We are happy that you had such a pleasant stay. We hope to welcome you again soon. Best regards, Armin Schröcker. General Manager
los angeles
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Step back in time and enjoy the Fin de Siecle elegance of this stunning hotel. Conveniently located in the Old Town, close to shops and restaurants the hotel gives everything that it promises. Prices are not cheap especially the breakfast so I would suggest walking 2 minutes away to the Cafe a la Carte where you will get the best coffee and pastries at cheap prices.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lafineart
Moritz_Klein, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this review, 16 April 2015
Dear lafineart,

Thank you for posting on this site. Your feedback is much appreciated and we hope that during your next stay you will take the opportunity and enjoy breakfast at our hotel for which we usually get very good feedback. We all hope that you will be returning soon.

Until then I remain with best regards

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We only stayed one night before leaving Germany and flying back to Asia. All we wanted was a centrally located and comfortable hotel, which the Steigenberger definitely is. Our room was bright, clean, modern and had a fantastic bathroom. The shower was like a spaceship, and after some trial and error we managed to operate it with ease.

All of Frankfurt's key places are within walking distance, so we spent the evening meandering through old Sachsenhausen, sampling Applewine and some authentic German food.

Important to remember: hotel standards are different in Europe, compared to Asia. So don't expect big bling or a substantial briefing of the hotel's perks upon arrival. Also, the hotel has unfortunately only single duvets. We asked housekeeping for a king size duvet ... but without success.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Britta M
Dear Britta M,

Thank you for your kind feedback. At the same time please accept my apoligies for the lack of service experienced with our housekeeping - an unusual occurence.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon and remain.

With kind regards

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I arrived 40 minutes after stated check in time. Room not ready. 10 minutes expected until it should be ready. Asked to sit down on a chair in the reception area and wait. Then another 5 minutes. Then another 5 minutes. Then another 10 minutes. After 30 minutes of waiting I suggested that maybe it would be a good idea for the receptionist to offer me a drink in the bar(something that usually happens automatically at most hotels in this situation). The request was granted and I received a beer in the nice bar of the hotel. After another 10 minutes my room was ready and I received my keycard and a room number. No information about hotel facilities or breakfast hours or location of restaurant. Upon entering the assigned room I get a little surprised. I had booked a newly renovated 39 square meter Grand Deluxe room in a hotel that advertises that all rooms are renovated as of 2012. I arrive in a room that there is no chance of any renovation taking place in the last 40 years and if it was larger than 25 sqm i would be really surprised. After contacting the reception I am assigned a new room that is really great so problem taken care of without to much of a hassle. Checkout next morning. Stiff service. No offer of assistance with luggage. 15 minute wait for valet parked car. All in all really nice room and really nice breakfast but all contact with staff disappointing from a service perspective. After 3 weeks on the road and staying in 9 different 5 star hotels in Europe this hotel is the only disappointment. Staff at almost any IBIS is better trained. Steigenberg Stuttgart or Hamburg in the same chain might have less impressive buildings and rooms( at least the final one I got here) but the experience is in my experience better due to staff there that acts like they care about the guests and that is something that was seriously lacking here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank RobertJoh
Armin S, General Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear RobertJoh,
Thank you for your constructive feedback and our today’s telephone conversation. As discussed, we apologize for our poor services and the unprofessional handling of your twin bed request even though you were travelling alone. We should have realized that before and of course looked after you in a better way.
We are glad that you otherwise like our hotel and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon again.
Kind regards,
Armin Schröcker
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Upon arrival, one is immediately struck by the superior service and friendliness that is found throughout this hotel. Even though I was a late arrival (approx. 7:30pm) and the front desk was exceptionally busy with guests, (during the Frankfurt Music Festival) the staff were very efficient and friendly to all guests no matter the questions or concerns. They consistently acknowledged those waiting in line which made one feel that your presence was important to them and they would get to you as quickly as possible. The room was furnished in a modern, sophisticated style yet very comfortable. It was equipped with every amenity to make you feel at home. As a very frequent traveler I am very partial to hotels that equip the rooms with Nespresso coffee making machines!! The cleanliness is very apparent not only in the room but throughout the hotel. Dining at Oscars was a delight. The menu is simple and uncomplicated. The atmosphere is relaxing and the service once again exceptional, a great place to relax and unwind after a long day of travelling. This hotel is definitely the place to stay if you are looking for the "complete Package"....great location for both the business and leisure traveler, comfort and luxury, and above all exceptional customer service. I am very much looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Dear Mickey T,

Thank you for posting on this site and your detailed review of your stay. The whole team and I are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay at the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With kind regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed for one night. This was my first stay in this hotel and will be also my last!

The room was nice, the building as well. Check-in was relatively smooth. The attitude of the staff was very disappointing and not worthy of a 5 star hotel. The staff does not even say hello and smiles when you run into them.

I arrived at 10pm and needed to wake up at 6am.

When I got into the room there was a welcome card and some half-eaten fruits/biscuits left as well as a room key with check-out date the same as mine. I called reception and asked whether I received the right room - reception didn't seem to care and eventually said they will send someone around to double check. Nobody came for at least 20 minutes and when someone finally came, the guy was rude and asked what my 'problem' was. When I explained it he seemed to pretend this is normal and I should ignore the welcome card etc. When I questioned what type of service this was, he called the manager. The manager came after another 20 minutes and was as rude.

I also wanted a quick bite but there was no room service menu. I called reception and room service and it took them 45 mins (!!!) to bring me one. My food came another 35 mins later.

All in all very disappointing service. My recommendation is to go with the Hilton or the Eurotheum Inn - both have great service!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank adnan s
Armin S, General Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Adnan S,
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay with us. We have read your review with much dismay and we are dreadfully sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. I apologize for the inappropriate behavior of our employees and we have discussed your experience in great detail with our team concerned in order to improve our services.
We hope to welcoming you back soon and I look forward to meeting you in person when you come next to Frankfurt.
Kind regards