We stayed here since November 26th (12 nights by now) and we are EXTREME dissapoint on this hotel. Is a hell of experience in this hotel with their extreme poor services, LONG summary as below:
1. Concierge Services:
No one in the concierge to assist you for at least 15 minutes, even I tried to get some help from the reception, they just call you just wait even they are not doing anything. I didn't know their responsibilities is starring in the air or maybe she just has some gum on her shoe that she can't move around.
Is extremely inconvenient for business travellers! Internet is charged, every time you want to use the internet, you have to scratch for your "lottery" and the usage is limited to one gadget. If you want to use internet using another gadget, then you have to scratch another "lottery" card again. WHAT A FUN! All this card is limited to 24-hours. In the internet era, with this internet system is really a joke.
Internet is not stable all the time, sometimes you have to try 30 minutes in order to connect to the internet. Even we complaint, they told us: "sorry madam, we can put you in touch with our external service provider". So when there is internet problem, we have to communicate with an external party ourself in a 5-star hotel????
3. Room's toiletries:
Toothbrush, toothpaste, cotton bulbs, cotton pads; NON-of the above is provided. So you have to go to groceries to buy yourself. Maybe the toothbrush & etc has to purchase it from the hotel, as is far more too expensive than printing those "internet lottery card", is it so unaffortable to provide in a 5-star hotel.
4. Room's Cleanliness:
Extremely disappointed! See some pictures attached. They put the pillows on the floor or in the shoe rack. Speechless for a 5 star hotel, it happen 2 times in different day! All this happen after cleaning services. After we complaint, they sent a cleaner to entertain us, where is the manager?
Nice but average, again no cotton bulbs & cotton pads is provided. Just a suggestion, maybe the hotel can put a cotton bulbs or pads machine to earn some money??? I will be the first customer to buy in such a 5-star hotel spa.
Nice varieties of food, but very poor services. Avoid breakfast during weekend, no-one lead us to a clean table, we have to find a table ourself like a canteen and clean the table ourself.
Moreover, after we order our eggs, it take 20-30 minutes to cook 2 eggs! When we complaint we did not receive our eggs, they told us: "I've already called my colleagues to send to you but they did not, so I DON'T KNOW". I asked them, "So I shall pick up myself?", THEY SAY YES!!!
What a surprise, it means after they said they will send the food to our table, and waiting for 20-30minutes, we have to again que up like a canteen to collect my 2 fried eggs! Also, I've ordered 1 crepe continuous 2 days on 7th & 8th December, it NEVER come!
I'm Malaysian chinese, and obviously I look chinese, my fiancé is a british. Whenever I had my breakfast with him, I have no problems on getting my breakfast tea BUT somehow whenever I have my breakfast alone, they never offer me any drinks! I've been observing many days, westerner or senior asian once they sit-in, they will offer them a drink! So does it mean I have to be a westerner or look old with wrinkles for asian in order to get my breakfast tea or coffee???? Seriously, I have stayed in for 12 days and all this is hardly a misjudgment.
Especially today, I have my breakfast alone again. The restaurant is not busy and there one european couple dine in after me. Why again they got their coffee or tea but never offer me a single drink???? Guess I should age myself faster, and put more wrinkles on my face in order to get my breakfast tea.
Excellent, is very convenient. This is the only credit we would rate it for this hotel.
After all these, when you request a complaint form to fill in your comments at the reception, they told you they do not have one, they just give me a BLANK sheet of paper to write a "LOVE letter" to their manager. That's really reach my limit, a 5-star so called service champion in 2013 has no customer feedback form.
Generally, if you are not ASIAN, not a FOOD person, not demanding on CLEANLINESS; you may stay in this hotel.
I'm currently writing this in ROOM 525, if you are the GM of this HOTEL, please take note of all the above or you may ignore it as I'm ASIAN.
Thank you very much for your time for reading this!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1876, the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof is located in the heart of the city in middle of the historic, financial district, near the cathedral where the emperor's coronation once took place. Our hotel attracts global travellers who are as unique as our 303 luxurious rooms. Choose from traditional or modern decor; the extravagant and timeless elegance of the interior fulfils even the most sophisticated desires of our guests. In the morning we welcome you to one of the best breakfasts in the city, with exquisite delicacies served in our "Hofgarten" restaurant. The "Autorenbar" invites you to join us for a royal afternoon tea, before it becomes an evening hotspot in the Main-metropolis serving a choice of select spirits. Spoil your senses by choosing to dine at our Michelin starred restaurant Francais or our iconic restaurant OSCAR*S. Experience the largest SPA in Frankfurt where effortless luxury, creativity, and the art of well-being are combined. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof Frankfurt
- Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof Hotel Frankfurt