Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$321
US$336
US$189
Agoda.com
2,145 results
All reviewsclassic hotelbeautiful hotelgrand deluxe roomchristmas marketrain showerfive star hotelthe location is perfectan upgradeshopping areabusiness triproom was largebreakfast buffetdowntown frankfurttrain stationfrankfurtersoscarsspa
Reviewed 18 December 2013

After years of staying here regularly (booking over my girlfriends name) I stayed here once under my own name. The service was remarkably bad from the beginning. There was no one to help us carry our suitcases, no one showed us into our room, nothing and this was in the afternoon on a Saturday not an absurd time. The receptionist was clearly not able to handle his job and had too much going on. A lack of staff should not be the case in a 5 star hotel. We asked for someone to help us use a cigarette dispensor as my Swiss ID did not work with the machine and he did not understand how to use his own card, a day later we came back and again the same problem. Now to the worst part, my girlfriend was served sour milk in the hotel bar. Never in my life has this happened to me, and when we told the barkeeper a waiter came to ASK if we wanted new milk. This is not a question that should be asked but something that is self evident. He then asked the bar keeper if it is okay to do this without charge, even the bar keeper was shocked. The rooms were okay but small and during the checkout we mentioned what happened to us during our stay but no attempt was made to make up for their neither a sincere apology, merely a quick "sorry".

7  Thank Quentin C
Armin S, General Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Handsomemag,

thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your experience with us. We do regret that you could not fully enjoy your stay and would sincerely like to apologize for any inconveniences. Please be assured that we understand your comments as an opportunity to improve on our very high standards. We will start a separate investigation regarding the reception and bar situations mentioned. We hope to be able to convince you of the improvements during a possible next stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

In the traditional atmosphere you will find the real service.
good location. comfortable room. There are too few elevators, but that does not matter.
Internet costs extra, but it also does not matter!

Room Tip: courtyard side.
1  Thank Akira H

Dear Akira H,

thank you very much for giving us such excellent feedback. Our guest´s satisfaction is of utmost importance for us. Please allow me to refer to our free WiFi which we offer since January 1st this year. Our concierge will be delighted to give you an introduction during your next stay. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room 445 from 12/8-14. The room was large, beds very firm and not that comfortable but linens were immaculate. Huge closet to store luggage and hang clothes was great. Internet charge was ridiculous in this day and age.. They said come back in 3 weeks and internet will be free.. It starts Jan1st! The bathroom was a sore spot.. Mold.. In shower corners and grout .. Around faucet handle, around bottom and top of windowsill. Can't believe we had this in a 5 star hotel.. Manager needs to visit this room and inspect the bathroom! Also room had strange sewer smell that would fill the entry area of the room at certain times of day....had read about this in other reviews and was hoping we would not get a stinky room but we did! We liked the lobby, the bar was enjoyable for a drink and our meal and desserts at Oscars was great! Location was super... Close walk to train station( we did day trips to Marburg, Mainz, Heidelberg and Nuremberg to visit Christmas markets and see the towns ... Best Christmas market is Nuremberg. And city was lovely in the old town!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank wiggygailTX

Dear wiggygailTX,

thank you very much for taking the time and for giving us such detailed feedback. We do regret that you could not fully enjoy your stay. Our guest´s satisfaction is of utmost importance for us. Please be assured that we understand your comments as an opportunity to improve on our very high standards. We would like to informe you that by now all our rooms are renovated and satisfy the highest standards. Furthermore, allow me to refer to our free WiFi which we offer since January 1st this year. Our concierge will be delighted to give you an introduction during your next stay. We hope to be able to convince you of the improvements during a possible next stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Perfect location between Train Station and main Shopping street. Check-in was somehow slow, 3 staff members at reception, no one busy with a guest, but it took me anyway a 10 minutes waiting time to get attended by one of the staff members. My request for a Smoking room was not registered, so they allocated me in a non-Smoking room. However, upgrade received to a large deluxe room, very cosy, with a huge double bed. After 5 minutes in the room, a staff member came to check the mini-bar...this was somehow strange, as I just had entered the room.
Bathroom huge with a great rain shower. Outside view to a more or less very ugly inner court, but I did not care. Overall, a nice, but old fashioned Hotel.
If the reception staff would be a Little bit more efficient, this would have a perfect stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Armin S, General Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Reto 1961
Thank you for taking your time to share your opinion on TripAdvisor – your feedback is much appreciated. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel by itself and your room. Your comments regarding the reception staff and the minibar service have been noticed and will be discussed with the management team. Looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future we remain with kind regards,
Armin Schröcker

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed here since November 26th (12 nights by now) and we are EXTREME dissapoint on this hotel. Is a hell of experience in this hotel with their extreme poor services, LONG summary as below:

1. Concierge Services:
No one in the concierge to assist you for at least 15 minutes, even I tried to get some help from the reception, they just call you just wait even they are not doing anything. I didn't know their responsibilities is starring in the air or maybe she just has some gum on her shoe that she can't move around.

2. Internet:
Is extremely inconvenient for business travellers! Internet is charged, every time you want to use the internet, you have to scratch for your "lottery" and the usage is limited to one gadget. If you want to use internet using another gadget, then you have to scratch another "lottery" card again. WHAT A FUN! All this card is limited to 24-hours. In the internet era, with this internet system is really a joke.

Internet is not stable all the time, sometimes you have to try 30 minutes in order to connect to the internet. Even we complaint, they told us: "sorry madam, we can put you in touch with our external service provider". So when there is internet problem, we have to communicate with an external party ourself in a 5-star hotel????

3. Room's toiletries:
Toothbrush, toothpaste, cotton bulbs, cotton pads; NON-of the above is provided. So you have to go to groceries to buy yourself. Maybe the toothbrush & etc has to purchase it from the hotel, as is far more too expensive than printing those "internet lottery card", is it so unaffortable to provide in a 5-star hotel.

4. Room's Cleanliness:
Extremely disappointed! See some pictures attached. They put the pillows on the floor or in the shoe rack. Speechless for a 5 star hotel, it happen 2 times in different day! All this happen after cleaning services. After we complaint, they sent a cleaner to entertain us, where is the manager?

5. Spa's:
Nice but average, again no cotton bulbs & cotton pads is provided. Just a suggestion, maybe the hotel can put a cotton bulbs or pads machine to earn some money??? I will be the first customer to buy in such a 5-star hotel spa.

6. Breakfast:
Nice varieties of food, but very poor services. Avoid breakfast during weekend, no-one lead us to a clean table, we have to find a table ourself like a canteen and clean the table ourself.

Moreover, after we order our eggs, it take 20-30 minutes to cook 2 eggs! When we complaint we did not receive our eggs, they told us: "I've already called my colleagues to send to you but they did not, so I DON'T KNOW". I asked them, "So I shall pick up myself?", THEY SAY YES!!!

What a surprise, it means after they said they will send the food to our table, and waiting for 20-30minutes, we have to again que up like a canteen to collect my 2 fried eggs! Also, I've ordered 1 crepe continuous 2 days on 7th & 8th December, it NEVER come!

7: ANTI-ASIAN??
I'm Malaysian chinese, and obviously I look chinese, my fiancé is a british. Whenever I had my breakfast with him, I have no problems on getting my breakfast tea BUT somehow whenever I have my breakfast alone, they never offer me any drinks! I've been observing many days, westerner or senior asian once they sit-in, they will offer them a drink! So does it mean I have to be a westerner or look old with wrinkles for asian in order to get my breakfast tea or coffee???? Seriously, I have stayed in for 12 days and all this is hardly a misjudgment.

Especially today, I have my breakfast alone again. The restaurant is not busy and there one european couple dine in after me. Why again they got their coffee or tea but never offer me a single drink???? Guess I should age myself faster, and put more wrinkles on my face in order to get my breakfast tea.

8. Location:
Excellent, is very convenient. This is the only credit we would rate it for this hotel.

9. CONCLUSION:
After all these, when you request a complaint form to fill in your comments at the reception, they told you they do not have one, they just give me a BLANK sheet of paper to write a "LOVE letter" to their manager. That's really reach my limit, a 5-star so called service champion in 2013 has no customer feedback form.

Generally, if you are not ASIAN, not a FOOD person, not demanding on CLEANLINESS; you may stay in this hotel.

I'm currently writing this in ROOM 525, if you are the GM of this HOTEL, please take note of all the above or you may ignore it as I'm ASIAN.

Thank you very much for your time for reading this!

Room Tip: My tip is choose other hotel to avoid all the hassle!
10  Thank blmy

Dear brendalmy,
Thank you for your detailed feedback. We are very sorry to read that your stay was not to your full satisfaction. We certainly enjoyed looking after you and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Kind regards,