“Very nice”

GreenLeadersGold level
Florida
“Very nice”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great location, lovely cocktail lounge. Spa massage was outstanding. We had a nice suite. This would be five stars if the carpet had not been stained. Nice bathroom and bed linens were of very nice quality.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chicagolover59
Moritz_Klein, General Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear chicagolover59,

Thank you so much for your praise and especially for highlighting our great 1000 square meter large Spa. Sincere apologies for having overlooked the stain on the carpet which we will address with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain.

Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I especially liked the old fashion style and friendliness of the staff. The elegant decor of the lobby and rooms is realy a great value. Its location, two steps away of the Opera, of the shops of Goethestraße and the historic center, is also important. I will be back at the first opportunity.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EduardoPitta
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel with many original features. On arrival there were long queues so I had to wait 20 minutes to check in, but the upside was that I received a room upgrade on the house (not sure why as not mention of the queue). The room was very comfortable with plenty of room to work on emails and the norm. Bed comfortable, but as usual the room was stuffy......no hotel that I have stayed seems to get the HVAC correct.

Breakfast in the morning was very pleasant but at almost €40 was over priced.........it was all or nothing.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank jackkent
Moritz_Klein, General Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear jackkent,

Thank you for your review and providing feedback. I am pleased to know that you generally like our hotel. Apologies for the long wait upon check in which is certainly not standard. Your breakfast comment is noted and I perhaps you make opt for a room inclusive breakfast rate for your next stay. We normaly have such rates available on our homepage.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and remain.

Yerevan, Armenia
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Truly worth every penny spent ! Great service from all the staff and all English speaking. Beds are sooooo soft and comfy . Consierge was ready to suggest to us on where to go and what to eat !!! Spa services are a little expensive but can you some of the facilities free of charge .

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Anita A
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

After posting a bad review for an Amsterdam hotel, I decided I needed to write a nice one, overdue, for a hotel in Frankfurt. We have stayed here several times. We are always greeted nicely, the room is ready, and everything we have ever needed or asked for has been given with a smile and a very nice attitude. I don't know about the lesser rooms people here have mentioned, but I think at this hotel if you say anything, they will really go out of their way to please you if they can. The concierge is so helpful, and the front desk is friendly and efficient. Our room was very nice, the big double windows cut any outside noise. I wish they had a few channels in English besides news. I would recommend this hotel highly. We always leave there feeling rested and well taken care of. I will give 5 stars, because 4 1/2 is not available.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor on very hot days. The A/C wasn't strong enough.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CookieTravels33
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My first experience at the Steinberger Frankfurter Hof was in one of the newly renovated rooms. I happily gave it 5 stars. My return was to one of the older, unrenovated rooms. This was disappointing - the room (particularly the bathroom) was small and poky - exactly the opposite of the newer rooms. So take care and be prepared when you book - know what sort of room you are getting. You will be impressed, or underwhelmed, depending on the choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank 007Sydney
Moritz_Klein, General Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear 007Sidney,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof. You most probably received one of the very few rooms that are scheduled for a makeover in the near future and I am sorry that this has tarnished your experience at our hotel. Yet I still hope that the service we provided has been equally excellent to your previous stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me when you return to Frankfurt as I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

How does one describe a hotel where the air conditioning does not noticeably change room temperature; where the bar can have just 7 guests sitting in it but it still takes over 10 minutes to be served; where the bedroom was not cleaned before 15.00 on any day during my stay (and where a pillow case was for some bizarre reason wrapped around the bathroom handle and left there); where the hotel is less a case of being venerable and more one of being tired; and where the gym is small, sometimes over-crowded, and way too warm. How about: "simply not good enough" or "living on its reputation"?

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank D j R
Moritz_Klein, General Manager at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear D j R

Thank you for your opinion and feedback on your stay at the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof which is much appreciated as it helps us in identifying areas of improvement. The dedicated team of the hotel strives to exceed all guests’ expectations and I regret to learn that we clearly have failed in your case. Not knowing your travel dates I must assume that it was a recent stay when outside temperatures climbed out of the norm and our cooling systems were not fully activated. I apologize for this. I also like to say sorry for that our service let you down in both the bar and housekeeping which is indeed unacceptable and I will address this with the concerned department.
We are aware of our limitations of the size of the gym and if this was pointed out to our Front Desk you should have been offered an alternative around the corner of the hotel. Besides our gym we have a brand new 1,000 sqm Spa including Hamman and wet areas which I hope you have tried.
Should you return to Frankfurt please do contact my office as I would be pleased to show you that the hotel is still worthy of its reputation.

Kind regards