“Location, location, location”

Ranked #92 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in May 2013. The service was exceptional. Andreas at Front Office and John in Reservations were both extremely polite and helpful in advising us on sights to see, transport, eating, etc. The hotel has a great restaurant and we chose to eat dinner there on 2 nights. Our room was quite large, quiet and well maintained. I mentioned location as a big plus. The hotel is not in the city centre but rather is located in a suburban business park. There is easy access by train to and from Frankfurt Main airport - it is only a 10 or 15 minute trip. Frankfurt has a great light rail system and there is a stop right out front of the hotel. It is roughly a 20 minute trip on the light rail to the city centre. This is a great hotel whether travelling for business or pleasure. It is in a nice quiet neighbourhood. If you want to buy bread, fruit, etc., there are supermarkets close by. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear guest from Sydney,

we are glad that you chose us as your place to stay when you visited Frankfurt in May and we would like to thank you for your great feedback.

We will make sure to honour John and Andreas for beeing mentioned by you here on tripadvisor.

It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, the restaurant "Bayern Stubn" as well as our convenient location between the city center and the airport with great public transportation access in both directions.

We hope we will be seeing you again whenever travel brings you back to Frankfurt.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights at beginning of holiday & 1 night at end of holiday. Room was comfortable & clean. Staff was excellent, buffet breakfast was incredible & dinner was even better. Within walking distance to train downtown & 20 euro cab ride from airport.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Blintzbaby
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear „Blintzbaby“

Thank you very much for your postive feedback about your stay at the hotel.

We truly appreciate your excellent remarks on our convenient location both to downtown Frankfurt and to the airport, the comfort and cleanliness of our rooms as well as the quality and service of our staff.
With pleasure, we have forwarded your comments to our great staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travel plans bring you back to Frankfurt.

With kind regards

Reviewed 29 October 2013

A clean, functional Sheraton whose decor takes you back to the 80's.

Lot's of chrome and wood in the hotel.

Everything looked a little tired and in need of an upgrade.

The rooms were clean and had all the amenities you'd expect in a Sheraton.

This hotel is a 10/15 min taxi ride from the airport (20 euros for a taxi).

It is in the heart of a business district, so useful if your meetings are nearby.

The room service was quick and the food excellent.

The breakfast restaurant was lacking- this is a 'we'll cook your eggs affair' works well when there is someone to cook the eggs......don't know where the egg chef had gone to and no other staff in the restaurant seemed bothered to help.

Staff all friendly but all in all a soul less experience.

4  Thank SenorFirenze

Dear Guest from London,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing your impressions about your recent stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel.

Whilst appreciating your positive review regarding the hotel's location in the business district of Frankfurt and the cleanliness of our rooms, it is our great concern, that not all aspects of your stay have met your expectations and your satisfaction.
Your comments are very important to us in order to improve our service standards.

We would like to sincerely apologize that we failed to make your stay a memorable one.

Despite your recent experience, we would be pleased, to welcoming you back in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Just a single night stopover. Was offered standard rewards scheme which upgraded my room to executive room. Room was spacious enough for one night but not sure about executive sized. Bed was extremely comfy and the room very quiet helping a good nights sleep. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Found restaurant was almost empty on this particular Sunday as was the bar, so don't expect social interaction. Food whilst tasty and well presented seemed a little pricey with steak meal upwards of euro 28. 3 courses with drinks and coffee would be over euro 50! Breakfast was surprisingly not included in the room rate and did not offer a hot option. Overall it's a nice enough hotel but expensive for what is offered .

Room Tip: Go for the loyalty scene and ask for an upgrade

Dear „Markthedancer“,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel and your time and efforts to sharing your experiences with us on tripadvisor.com.

We highly appreciate your feedback regarding the friendliness of our staff and the comfort of our rooms.
Nevertheless, we do also take your comments and your dissatisfaction regarding the value for price paid very serious and have them well noted internally for further review.

We hope, that we will be able to welcome you a second time at our hotel in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Nice, clean hotel. It is also nicely located across the Main river. Has a pool (not big nor great) with a gym ans sauna. Breakfast is okay and the room is nice with big Windows and nice bed.
I was there during a busy week in Frankfurt because of CPHI and I could find a decent room, staff was helpful and I had a nice stay.
Pricin was somewhat not according to the room I got, but still I am happy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear "FranciscoKuri"

Thank you for your stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel during
the big CPHI conference and for your time and efforts to share your
experiences with us.

With great pleasure we have read that you praise our helpful staff as
welll as our comfortable rooms and the comfort of our Sheraton Sweet
Slepper bed, which is unique in all Sheraton Hotels worldwide.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Sheraton Frankfurt
Congress Hotel.

Warm regards,

Your Hotel Management Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed here for work during the Frankfurt book fair. The hotel is not very close to the centre of town but is very clean, friendly staff and an excellent breakfast buffet. The room was comfortable and reasonably sound-proof (I did not hear a lot from my neighbours even though I know the rooms on either side were occupied). It is entirely unremarkable from a decor or architectural perspective and I can't imagine why anyone would want to stay here on holiday unless there was some special deal but it served my purposes and there were nearly always taxis available to go elsewhere. The rooms were very hot even with the air conditioning turned to the low setting. The wifi had to be paid for which is always annoying but overall an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kate T
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear "Kate T",

thank you very much for your stay at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel during the Frankfurt Book-Fair and for sharing your experience with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed our comfortable and clean rooms as well as our friendly and professional staff.

For your next stay we would like to recommend you to book an executive room, which comes with free wireless internet as well as free minibar and a 50% discount on food and beverages at our L44 Bar.

We hope to see you again soon at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 long days. Let me start with the positives: The shower is strong, the room is clean and the staff is (mostly) friendly. I booked a room on the “executive” floor with a king size bed, free Internet, free mini-bar and (I assumed) with breakfast for a substantial sum of 300 EUR (approx. $400 or more) per night. When I checked in I was given a room with a little bed and told I had no free Internet etc. It was only after I produced my written reservation confirmation they moved me to a different room with a “king size” bed, which is just two beds pulled together. The room was quite tiny and furnished with something they got from East Germany in the 70s or earlier. Shabby, worn out plastic covered junk. The “free” mini-bar contained a little box of chips, 2 inedible snacks, 4 beers, couple juices and soft drinks. No wine, no liquor etc. Every morning I went for breakfast, assuming it was included in the $400/night price. I would give the cashier my room number, but it was only on the 3rd morning the waitress asked me to sign a bill. When I inquired why, she told me I had NO free breakfast (remember, I’m paying more than $400/night for a lousy room), which fact was consequently confirmed by the reception manager when I went there to complain. So they charged me for 3 breakfasts at 24 EUR (more than 30 bucks each). There is more to it. They claim to be close to the exhibition grounds. It must be some little exhibition place because this hotel is 25 EUR by taxi or an hour by public transport from the main Trade Fair grounds, which I attended. Considering how much I travel, I cannot imagine why I made this bad choice. I always trusted Sheraton. No more.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SheratonCongressFra, Manager at Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear "Robert155019",

thank you very much for your stay with us during the Frankfurt Book Fair and for sharing your feedback with us.

We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our friendly staff and that you found your room in a clean and working condition as you can expect it to be.

We apologize for the fact that we did not had your preferred bed type available, even not after our staff moved you to a different room and that the furniture in our rooms did not suit your taste.

We do understand that the price that you paid seemed to be high and we indeed had a higher pricing during your stay than usual, which was because of the Frankfurt Book Fair. We fully understand that expectations rise with the price, but even in high seasons there are always rates including and excluding breakfast.

We hope to welcome you again at the Sheraton Frankfurt Congress Hotel so we could get the chance to serve you better next time.

Best regards