Since I spend many nights off and on throughout the year, I thought it worth putting a review. This place is absolutely fantastic, with its proximity to the airport. There is a shuttle bus that takes you from the airport and back every 20 minutes or so. if you are bored in the evening and think downtown is too far away, hop on the shuttle and go to the airport for a quick dinner.
This place is very busy throughout the year, as most of the airline crew use it. The reception is always crowded, but it does not mean that you have to wait for long to check in or out. The staff are cordial, professional and quick.
The rooms are comfortable, clean and fresh. There are two types of rooms, one is really small and the other is fairly big. I did a mistake of once taking the smaller room, where you could not stretch your hands too.
The restaurants are good but crowded, and the buffet breakfast is a good spread. If you want to avoid the crowd in the restaurants, walk outside towards the back of the hotel to a restaurant called Unterschweinstiege. I was introduced to this place by a good friend of mine Capt Jens Olthoff, who gave me a rundown of the history of the place. It is just too good a place to spend an evening with your beer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt! The conference and business hotel with 570 rooms and 40 conference rooms at the Frankfurt Airport is the first choice address when it comes to business events and offers everything to make meetings, conferences, banquets, congresses or events a success. Only four minutes from Frankfurt Airport and reachable every 20 minutes with the free 24 hours Express-Airport-Shuttle, an oasis full of friendliness, professionalism and cosiness with a beautiful view into nature is awaiting you. Here, recreation and relaxation have top priority: before or after the conference, in one of the 40 conference rooms with a total of 2000 square metres on level-access flooring, in our four restaurants, on the summer terraces, in the pool with a panoramic view or at the catering. WiFi with a bandwidth of up to 256 KB/s is free for guests in all hotels of the Steigenberger Hotels AG. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Steigenberger Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Airport Frankfurt
- Hotel Steigenberger Airport