“Perfect hotel ... when you miss your connection”

Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt
Ranked #27 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We did not manage to get the Frankfurt-Toronto coming from Munich. We were put in this hotel by Air Canada and we were not disappointing. Very clean lobby, nice room, funny swimming pool at the top of the hotel with some Jacuzzi inside and waterfall. Enormous breakfast in one of the restaurant, shuttle to go to the airport.This is a very good standard hotel. Like it.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
AH014, Public Relations Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Dear Bruno J;
Thanks for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.
I appreciate your positive comments and that you were happy with your room, the pool area and the cleanliness of our hotel. Our breakfast buffet and the free airport shuttle bus are popular among our guests, and I am pleased you confirm this.
You may visit our hotel once "voluntarily" when you are traveling to Frankfurt. I am looking forward to your visit.
Until then, have a good time and best wishes to New York

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Since I spend many nights off and on throughout the year, I thought it worth putting a review. This place is absolutely fantastic, with its proximity to the airport. There is a shuttle bus that takes you from the airport and back every 20 minutes or so. if you are bored in the evening and think downtown is too far away, hop on the shuttle and go to the airport for a quick dinner.
This place is very busy throughout the year, as most of the airline crew use it. The reception is always crowded, but it does not mean that you have to wait for long to check in or out. The staff are cordial, professional and quick.
The rooms are comfortable, clean and fresh. There are two types of rooms, one is really small and the other is fairly big. I did a mistake of once taking the smaller room, where you could not stretch your hands too.
The restaurants are good but crowded, and the buffet breakfast is a good spread. If you want to avoid the crowd in the restaurants, walk outside towards the back of the hotel to a restaurant called Unterschweinstiege. I was introduced to this place by a good friend of mine Capt Jens Olthoff, who gave me a rundown of the history of the place. It is just too good a place to spend an evening with your beer.

Room Tip: A lovely place close to the airport
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
AH014, Public Relations Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear audant;
I am delighted that you have taken the time to review our hotel.
Thank you for the many positive comments about our service, the shuttle, the reception, the rooms and our restaurants. It's very nice to read that you felt so good during your stays with us.
The restaurant Unterschweinstiege is in fact a highlight of our hotel. The traditional forester's lodge is a synonym for cozy atmosphere and friendly service. This is certainly not typical in the surrounding of an airport as well as the city forest, which paths begin directly at the hotel.
I am pleased if you visit us again soon.
Greetings from Frankfurt

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Very nice modern hotel located in an industrial area 5 minutes from the airport. The shuttles were frequent and really nice -- and easy to find. I was pleasantly surprised to have been upgraded to a Jr. Executive Suite which was very, very nice. Very modern, clean, comfortable and relaxing. I didn't eat any meals there, but since there is nothing in the surrounding area, you will be captive to their facilities if you need to eat. The only down-side was check-out. This took 20 minutes with only 3 people ahead of me!

Room Tip: Room 680 is very nice!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Dear owl_wendy;
Many thanks for your positive feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor.
I am very happy that we have met your expectations and that you were pleased about our shuttle service and the upgrade.
I would like to point out that our hotel is not located in an industrial area. Next to us there is only one office building and a public parking garage. Our hotel is situated directly at Frankfurt's city forest.
For your waiting time at check-out I want to apologize. My colleagues at the front office always try to offer an immediate service. Sometimes it may happen that there is a kind of “rush hour”.
Why not trying one of our restaurants during your next visits and enjoy some relaxed hours at one of our three summer terraces?
Hope to see you soon again at Frankfurt Airport, good luck and best regards to Canada

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Very good service and a pleasant stay near Frankfurt airport. Although the whole area was messed up due to an unexpected closedown of the western German airspace, the stay at the Steigenberger was a pleasant surprise. Breakfast is excellent and overall service very good.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear TravelLeudelange;
Thank you for your kind words and your review of the Steigenberger Airport Hotel.
I am grateful for your recommendation of our hotel and I am pleased that we were able to convince you with our generous breakfast buffet and our services. I am happy to forward it also to my colleagues.
I wish you well and look forward to see you soon at the Frankfurt airport.
Many greetings to Luxembourg

Reviewed 15 July 2012

No problems with this hotel whatsoever, but I would only commend for use when connecting with a flight. Most services are extra, Internet, sauna, etc. it is quiet and the shuttle service to the airport runs smoothly every 15 minutes.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Mudgesdad;
Thank you for rating your stay at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel on TripAdvisor.
I'm glad you recommend our hotel, our location and complimentary airport shuttle are in fact very appreciated by our guests.
The set of fees for special services like internet or sauna are common in the range of 5-star hotels at Frankfurt Airport and Europe. Regarding our service packages we are fully comparable with other hotels in our category; however, our pricing is below a 5-star level.
I am pleased if you come to visit us again soon.
Many greetings to Florida

Reviewed 14 July 2012 via mobile

The hotel, which is definitely on the higher end of the middle price class, has a few good features; like a shuttle to and from the airport (both terminals), a bar in the lounge, and location close to the airport, being close to the airport is probably the biggest plus.

However, the nice things quickly fade when compared to poor features of the hotel - WiFi is not free, and costs a whopping 4/5€ hourly - also, there was a parking fee of 19€/day connected with our stay - and lastly, there is nothing to do outside the hotel, since it is located in an industry area...

We also found a corroded perrier water bottle in our minifridge, ugh...
Furthermore the tv in our room was from pre-1998. Not acceptable with these room prices.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Basdk;
Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor and that you have taken the time for the review.
I am happy that you were satisfied with our free 24 hours airport shuttle, oscillating every 15 minutes between the hotel and the two airport terminals, and our 24 hours open Lobby Bar Bistro. Our location in proximity to the airport is certainly a point that is appreciated by our guests.
In European 5-star hotels, it is quite common that certain additional services are charged. Our WiFi is available throughout the hotel and costs per hour 4.50 EUR, 5 hours cost 9.00 EUR and a day ticket then only 14.50 EUR. For the use of the sauna our subcontractor raises a fee of 8.00 EUR per person per day. The use of the gym and the pool, however, are free of charge. I would like to point out that the car park is a public car park; unfortunately we have no influence on pricing. But the prices are below the airport level.
The Steigenberger Airport Hotel is located four minutes from the airport and right on the city forest. Next door there is an office building and the public parking garage. There is no industrial area located near the hotel.
I want to apologize to you because of the corroded water bottle in your minibar. Thank you for your advice, I will leave this matter immediately.
As for the TV, you're right. In our standard and deluxe rooms we have older devices and we plan to replace them next year. Modern flat screens, you will find in our Superior and Executive rooms. Why not trying one of these rooms at your next visit?
I am happy if we may welcome you soon again at Frankfurt Airport.
Summer Greetings from Frankfurt

Reviewed 11 July 2012

Looking for a reasonable airport hotel at Frankfurt airport I selected the one with the typical German name Steigenberger - sounds kind of alpine to me. Getting there I realized - this is not just a decent place, this is the very special airport hotel I am looking for! It did help me to travel nicely.

The shuttles are frequent and well organized - as if still at the Arrivals gate the sign Reception pops up in front of you. Everything in the Steigenberger was flawless - the naturally friendly, helpful and fast working staff, the rooms, the equipment, restaurants and bar. And everything one needs for a reasonable price in a hotel before the trip next morning - relax and sleep in full comfort, enjoy once more excellent German food and drinks, be safe and in time - happens nicely and easily, with no rush or effort,

I would like to thank the staff for their good work and care. Next time I stop at Frankfurt I know where is my place to spend the night. Probably it will work well for a business meeting, too - here the city troubles can be avoided, and everyone continues by the own flight.

Boris, North Carolina

Room Tip: The rooms looking to the forest are more relaxing. And the rooms in the Executive tower are exceptio...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear Boris M;
Thank you for your great feedback and your positive review of the Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt on TripAdvisor .
I am very pleased that you felt so comfortable and our team was able to provide you with the service you expected. It is truly our goal to give our guests a feeling of wellbeing. We take care of everything while you are relaxed doing your work or other things.
We will be happy if you visit us again soon. Of course we also organize a perfect meeting or an extended business trip for you. A pleasure!
Meanwhile all the best and many greetings to North Carolina