“Very convenient for airport stop over”

Steigenberger Airport Hotel
Ranked #30 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersSilver level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Very convenient for airport stop over”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Arrived late at night to airport and left early to the airport. Hotel shuttle was very convenient. Room was tidy and very adequate but two maintanence faults discovered after showering and hitting the bed were unable to be rectified. The offer of changing rooms was not an option as I was too tired after a day of travel and 39 hours of travel ahead the next day. Considering the number of people disgorging from each bus from the airport it amazes me there are not more staff on reception to cope with the constant stream of people arriving and departing. All up, very adequate for purpose but that is what you are paying for.

Room Tip: I did not use the spa or eat at the hotel. However I did use the cocktail bar for a nightcap. Found...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
AH014, Public Relations Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear solomon08;
Thanks for your review and your comments on Trip Advisor.
I am pleased that we were able to meet your needs with our free 24 hour airport shuttle and the room offer. I want to apologize for the mentioned circumstances in your room. I can fully understand that you did not want to move because of your described travel schedule. Regarding the waiting time at the reception, I would note that this point varies. As our airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes, there are differences in the number of arriving people. Sometimes it comes to a short preparation time at the front desk, but this is not the rule.
I hope you will visit the Steigenberger Airport Hotel in Frankfurt again soon. Perhaps you enjoy our spa area and the diversity of our food supply during your next visit?
Best wishes to the Solomon Islands
Tina Schmidt & Steigenberger Airport Hotel Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wyoming
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We stayed here Oct 25, 2011. We wanted somewhere close to the airport and that is the main reason we chose this hotel. It is a typical, large airport hotel.

Contrary to the less than stellar reviews we read about this hotel, our room was nice. Yes, the tv was small but we weren't there to watch tv. Was the decor dated? We were too tired to notice and wouldn't have cared anyway.

Our room was large, clean, nice, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was clean. This is what we need in a hotel.

Check in was a little slow despite there being several clerks helping people.

We ate dinner at one of the hotel's several captive restaurants. We ate at the one that featured German hunting lodge decor and German food. Our food was very good, the server was polite, friendly and efficient. We thought the food was reasonably priced altho the hotel was more expensive than we would have liked.

The hotel has an airport shuttle that runs frequently. Check with the desk/website for times.

The hotel is what it is... convenient to the airport. Luckily, our room was nice. I gave the 3 bubble rating because I thought the room a bit too spendy.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
AH014, Public Relations Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Dear Maurice95;
Many thanks for your comment on TripAdvisor and that you have taken the time for it.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your room, our free airport shuttle as well as our central location near the airport.
Great, that you have tried our restaurant Unterschweinstiege. It is actually an over 230 years old building, a former forester’s lodge. The cozy atmosphere, the large summer terrace with barbecue and the traditional cuisine of the restaurant stand out.
I'm sorry you think our prices are too high. We offer a very good value for money compared with other hotels at airports and on average we have even lower prices than some hotels in Frankfurt.
I am glad if you visit us again when you come to Frankfurt next time.
Many greetings to Wyoming
Lakewood, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We did not manage to get the Frankfurt-Toronto coming from Munich. We were put in this hotel by Air Canada and we were not disappointing. Very clean lobby, nice room, funny swimming pool at the top of the hotel with some Jacuzzi inside and waterfall. Enormous breakfast in one of the restaurant, shuttle to go to the airport.This is a very good standard hotel. Like it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
AH014, Public Relations Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2012
Dear Bruno J;
Thanks for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.
I appreciate your positive comments and that you were happy with your room, the pool area and the cleanliness of our hotel. Our breakfast buffet and the free airport shuttle bus are popular among our guests, and I am pleased you confirm this.
You may visit our hotel once "voluntarily" when you are traveling to Frankfurt. I am looking forward to your visit.
Until then, have a good time and best wishes to New York
Qatar
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Since I spend many nights off and on throughout the year, I thought it worth putting a review. This place is absolutely fantastic, with its proximity to the airport. There is a shuttle bus that takes you from the airport and back every 20 minutes or so. if you are bored in the evening and think downtown is too far away, hop on the shuttle and go to the airport for a quick dinner.
This place is very busy throughout the year, as most of the airline crew use it. The reception is always crowded, but it does not mean that you have to wait for long to check in or out. The staff are cordial, professional and quick.
The rooms are comfortable, clean and fresh. There are two types of rooms, one is really small and the other is fairly big. I did a mistake of once taking the smaller room, where you could not stretch your hands too.
The restaurants are good but crowded, and the buffet breakfast is a good spread. If you want to avoid the crowd in the restaurants, walk outside towards the back of the hotel to a restaurant called Unterschweinstiege. I was introduced to this place by a good friend of mine Capt Jens Olthoff, who gave me a rundown of the history of the place. It is just too good a place to spend an evening with your beer.

Room Tip: A lovely place close to the airport
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
AH014, Public Relations Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear audant;
I am delighted that you have taken the time to review our hotel.
Thank you for the many positive comments about our service, the shuttle, the reception, the rooms and our restaurants. It's very nice to read that you felt so good during your stays with us.
The restaurant Unterschweinstiege is in fact a highlight of our hotel. The traditional forester's lodge is a synonym for cozy atmosphere and friendly service. This is certainly not typical in the surrounding of an airport as well as the city forest, which paths begin directly at the hotel.
I am pleased if you visit us again soon.
Greetings from Frankfurt
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Very nice modern hotel located in an industrial area 5 minutes from the airport. The shuttles were frequent and really nice -- and easy to find. I was pleasantly surprised to have been upgraded to a Jr. Executive Suite which was very, very nice. Very modern, clean, comfortable and relaxing. I didn't eat any meals there, but since there is nothing in the surrounding area, you will be captive to their facilities if you need to eat. The only down-side was check-out. This took 20 minutes with only 3 people ahead of me!

Room Tip: Room 680 is very nice!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Dear owl_wendy;
Many thanks for your positive feedback about our hotel on Trip Advisor.
I am very happy that we have met your expectations and that you were pleased about our shuttle service and the upgrade.
I would like to point out that our hotel is not located in an industrial area. Next to us there is only one office building and a public parking garage. Our hotel is situated directly at Frankfurt's city forest.
For your waiting time at check-out I want to apologize. My colleagues at the front office always try to offer an immediate service. Sometimes it may happen that there is a kind of “rush hour”.
Why not trying one of our restaurants during your next visits and enjoy some relaxed hours at one of our three summer terraces?
Hope to see you soon again at Frankfurt Airport, good luck and best regards to Canada
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Very good service and a pleasant stay near Frankfurt airport. Although the whole area was messed up due to an unexpected closedown of the western German airspace, the stay at the Steigenberger was a pleasant surprise. Breakfast is excellent and overall service very good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
, Public Relations Manager at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Dear TravelLeudelange;
Thank you for your kind words and your review of the Steigenberger Airport Hotel.
I am grateful for your recommendation of our hotel and I am pleased that we were able to convince you with our generous breakfast buffet and our services. I am happy to forward it also to my colleagues.
I wish you well and look forward to see you soon at the Frankfurt airport.
Many greetings to Luxembourg
Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2012

No problems with this hotel whatsoever, but I would only commend for use when connecting with a flight. Most services are extra, Internet, sauna, etc. it is quiet and the shuttle service to the airport runs smoothly every 15 minutes.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Mudgesdad;
Thank you for rating your stay at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel on TripAdvisor.
I'm glad you recommend our hotel, our location and complimentary airport shuttle are in fact very appreciated by our guests.
The set of fees for special services like internet or sauna are common in the range of 5-star hotels at Frankfurt Airport and Europe. Regarding our service packages we are fully comparable with other hotels in our category; however, our pricing is below a 5-star level.
I am pleased if you come to visit us again soon.
Many greetings to Florida