“Consistently Delivers”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Texas
“Consistently Delivers”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and it is ideal for early morning flights. The hotel features easy access to the airport via bus to Terminal 1 and a smaller van to Terminal 2. Staff is personable and always professional. On this stay my standard room was on the second floor and the trademark of this style room has always been the circular shower. Was a bit surprised to find a 19” CRT TV instead of the now more common flat screen. Was not sure those still existed. Worked fine however and there were multiple channels available in several languages. Did not sample dining facilities due to late arrival and early departure. Overall quite pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
airporthotelfra, Executive Office at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Gray492;
Thank you for evaluating our hotel on TripAdvisor.
It is our pleasure to hear you are visiting us frequently and are happy in overall. Every feedback is important for us and appreciated. The ones from guests like you – who travel to us several times – are special since there is the chance to compare and to follow up the facility and the service.
We are glad to inform you that the old TV devices are being replaced by flat screens soon. Our superior and executive category offer already those TVs.
Due to our visitors arriving from all over the world we have an international choice of channels like English, French, Italian, Turkish, Russian, Chinese and Korean for our guests.
We would be glad to welcome you again someday and do hope you find the opportunity to enjoy a meal either in our German restaurant “Unterschweinstiege” or in the fine dining restaurant “Faces”. Besides; the lobby bar “Con.nex.ion” is open around the clock and serving meals also at night.
Kind regards from Germany,
Francesca Sambito & Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Very expensive .. cold feeling and somewhat sterile ....Bedroom was clearly not cleaned for a new guest so was offered another room fairly promptly. Room was bugged. ... one bug actually not sure what it was but quite big and on the pillow.

Breakfast was not early enough (pathetic for an airport hotel) for us and internet was very pricey given the 349 euro hotel price.

Up side was it was clean, the bed was comfortable. And the shower nice and also clean.

Room Tip: No real advice, of the two we saw they were near identical.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
airporthotelfra, Executive Office at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear integra-sparks;
Thanks for your review on tripadvisor.
We are sorry you did not like our facility and service. Especially the discovery in the room was very unpleasant. Your hint allowed us to take action immediately and solve the issue.
The price you paid for the overnight is not a usual rate. Depending on fairs or big events taking place in Frankfurt it is available adapted to these circumstances. The common price is more than the half of your mentioning for the standard rooms.
We do hope to welcome you again in our hotel and that everything is to your satisfaction then. Whatever we can do to make your stay pleasant, just let us know.
Greeting to Michigan,
Francesca Sambito & Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt
Teddington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed on business, which was just as well as housekeeping liked to knock on the door at 0715hrs! On only one of the four nights I was there was a full compliment of bathroom toiletries provided and also towels. The bed was comfortable but the airconditioning a problem to turn off.

Dear GastronomUK;
Thank you for spending some time on rating your stay at our hotel on tripadvisor.
We are sorry you could not glory in your visit here and the housekeeping bothered you in the morning. This has been forwarded already to our executive housekeeper. The employees have and will be informed again to pay more attention on occupied rooms. Next time please do use the “Do not disturb” sign to make sure you can sleep without interruption. Also do not hesitate to contact our housekeeping department in case you are missing anything in your room.
Due to the lack of details we cannot figure out in which room you have overnighted. The air conditioners are being checked and also replaced from time to time because of the renovation of the hotel. We hope to fix the referred item.
We would be glad if we can welcome you again in Frankfurt.
Best regards
Francesa Sambito & Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is one of the times that is very hard to write a review after returning from a frustrating experience you just had in a place.. But I will try to be as much fair as possible. We have booked and paid for 12 rooms for three nights through an agency, since February. The price: 235 euros per room... Our company owner arrived one day earlier and he got a room around 15m2, single small bed,old style, with by far no 5* specs/amenities. When he complained (mainly because of the high price compared to the room), they told him that this is what we booked... Next day when the rest arrived, the same situation. Same old and small rooms. When we were massively complaining, they told us that the hotel is fully booked and no changes could be made. We were "begging" for at least 2-3 rooms, but nothing. The manager was saying that no rooms were available. Funny & frustrating, when I asked alone (they did not know I was from that group) that they gave me a smoking room and that I need a non smoking one, they gave me a bigger room with double bed.....But I wish that the rooms were the only thing to complain for... To summarize our frustration (and this is the opinion of all the colleagues):
- You can't have a 5 star hotel and in the room to have only one towel, no amenities (e.g. shower cap, sewing kits, etc)
- Some of the rooms were not cleaned properly prior of entry
- First night our manager was trying to call the reception and he left the phone ringing for at least 20 mins with no answer. He had to go down and to ask someone to unlock the mini bar! This I witness many times when I was waiting at the reception. They just don't answer the phones!!!
- The mini bar was also a joke for a 5* hotel. 4 waters 2 cokes and 2 beers
- End of 2013, having old, non LCD tvs, is again a joke (maybe I should re-title the review to a funny experience!)
- You are paying 235 euros for the "room" and having to pay an extra amount for wifi is.. yes a joke again. The same for the paid parking as well.. Come on guys!
- Extremely slow service in the lobby area.. First night and we were waiting for more than 45 mins for two pizzas.. and more than 15 mins for just the drinks. Some of the waitresses not so polite for such a hotel
- The smoking room I first had in the 4th floor was smelling very very bad..
- Some of us were complaining for the sleeping quality and for the fact that the noise from the airport was very loud

To give some positives as well since we need to be fair:
- Great shuttle bus to and from the airport
- Very good breakfast quality and quantity wise
- Nice lobby and spa area
- Nice selection of restaurants. The german one (cant spell it) located in a 200 years old house is amazing both in decoration and food quality
- The forest next door is an amazing place to walk through and relax
- From what I have seen from the photos, the executive section of the hotel must be very good
- The room I got with the double bed was decent and bigger. But not for the price still
- Quick check out process

Room Tip: Select the executive tower.Nothing else!!!
Dear Xainis;
Thank you for taking the time for the review of your stay at our hotel.
Unfortunately you have been very unsatisfied and left the house with a bad impression.
Please give us the chance to respond to all your issues.
The rate you had to pay during your stay was influenced by the high season due to a fair and is not a usual price of us. Similar rates have been available in the whole surrounding area.
For the reason of the fair in fact we have been fully booked on these mentioned days. Please do understand if it would have been manageable we would have given other rooms to you.
We assume you stayed in one of our standard rooms. This category is an older facility what we are aware about. Renovation has been started already and a part of these rooms have been completely renovated and refurnished. On our website you can have a look at the SUPERIOR section with his new colors, new bed, flat screen, own Nespresso coffee machine and integrated shower in the single room.
Every bathroom offers one big and one small towel for one person. If you wish to have more towels please do not hesitate to contact our housekeeping department. They are glad to serve you with additional towels and also shower cap and sewing kits (and other things you may need).
We regret to read the rooms were not cleaned. Your report has been forwarded to our executive housekeeper. She will work out a better plan to keep the cleaning standard even in very busy times when the house is fully booked and the cleaner must work under hard pressure to offer the clean rooms to our guest. Furthermore we would like to let you know that we are doing our best to eliminate the smell in the smoking area. These rooms are still requested by some of our guests.
We also regret that we could not assist you with your inquiries when trying to receive our front desk staff. Be assured that everyone is doing his best to be at your disposal as soon and satisfying as possible. Unfortunately it happens that many requests arrive at the same time and need to be served one by one.
The content of the minibar has been reduced few months ago since the main part of the guests did consume on average what is actually offered in it. You are welcome to contact our housekeeping or room service staff to let you have extra beverages. In our executive tower you have more choice and quantity.
As mentioned above the renovation comes along with new flat screen TV’s in every room. Since it is a continuously and cost-intensive project the replacement is been done from time to time.
The internet fee is a usual cost in a five star hotel and in the surrounding area. Our competitors charge even higher costs. By the way we would like to inform you that the internet will be free of charge beginning from next year, January 2014, in every Steigenberger hotel.
Next to the hotel you can find the park garage. This is not managed by the hotel, but belongs to the owner sitting in the next building. The prices cannot be influenced by us therefore.
We are sorry that you could not take a rest due to the disturbing by the airplanes. Our hotel has the best available soundproofing. A few years ago the airport obtained an additional landing runaway. The planes are flying closely through the hotel top sometimes. But we are happy that we seldom receive complaints about it since in the main parts of the hotel it is not hearable.
In spite of the compliments we received for our food and beverage part like the restaurant “Unterschweinstiege” and our breakfast buffet we have forwarded also your report about the service at our lobby bar to our F&B manager. It will be taken into consideration for further business situations and staff planning.
In the end we would like to thank you once again for your very detailed feedback with good and also bad points. When our guests do not tell us where we failed we have no chance to improve ourselves. Thanks to your hints we can make the appropriated adjustments.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you again someday and prove our usual standard service to you. If the occupancy allows doing so, please do not hesitate to ask for our renovated superior rooms or upgrade yourself to an executive room at an adequate additional charge. The 30 square meters rooms with the wellness shower will delight you.
Kind regards to Athens,
US
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here the night before our flight back to the Us. It is a great hotel and reasonably priced. The young lady at the front desk really made us feel welcome. The hotel has more personality than the Sheraton and the Hilton at the airport and has a shuttle that runs regularly to take you to whichever terminal you need. There are separate shuttles for the different terminals. It is much less of a hassle than the other hotels where one has to walk a considerable distance. The room was a good size and the bed comfortable. There was a nice pool but we went out for dinner in town and got back too late. We'll definitely stay here again. A big thumbs up!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
airporthotelfra, Executive Office at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear voyager9Us;
We thank you that you have evaluated our hotel on Trip Advisor and for the time you spent. It is our pleasure to find out you had a very comfortable stay with us and you enjoyed the service and facilities.
We are looking forward to welcome you again and prove our usual service to you.
Kind regards to US,
Lyon, France
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I recently spent one night in this hotel having a meeting in a nearby office. Actually, I got lucky enough to get upgraded to a Junior Suite.

Besides the superior size of the room (it being a Junior Suite), the decoration seems to be different from what I saw on the internet for regular rooms. In fact, I liked the decoration of the Junior Suite more. This roomtype is located in the executive tower, which seems to be a newer addition to the main hotel building. There is an executive lounge on the top floor. However, contrary to other hotels (Hilton for example or even Concorde Berlin), this executive lounge was not open and does not serve all-day long snacks or drinks. I asked the reception about this and was told that it was reserved for conferences, which I found to be quite weird.

As I said, the room was well decorated and the bathroom was spectacular with a very nice walk-in shower. I know this is an airport hotel and I was alone in the room. However, the fact that the bed is onIy 1.6 meter large and that there is only 1 set of pillows makes it weird as well.

I am saying that the service is approximative, because there was a sandwich and a juice bottle left in my trashcan, I did not complain for it, but it really gives a bad impression.

I also tested the Connexion restaurant. The food is good, but again the service is approximative. I asked for my meat to be medium-rare, but it was served well cooked. I asked the waitress and was told : "no it is medium rare", I then showed her, but she maintained her position.

I always have meat medium rare, so I guess I know what it means. I really did not appreciate that the waitress made fun of me this way. I would have appreciated excuses for example and would not have made a case of it.

On the other hand, I have only compliments for the reception staff who were very professionnal and the breakfast which is one of the best I ever saw!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
airporthotelfra, Executive Office at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear KJ201011;

At first we do appreciate very much that you took the time to give a detailed feedback after your stay at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt.

Thank you for the compliments for our staff at the front desk. Please be assured we will forward your praising to them. They will be very happy to know that their efforts are appreciated by our guests.

In particular we informed our Food & Beverage Manager about your mentioned weak points concerning the staff at our Restaurant “connexion” and the experience you have made. He will have a closer look at his employees to always guarantee a 5* service. We are very sorry and we do understand your disappointment.

Furthermore it is a pleasure for us that you were satisfied with your room in which you have stayed. Because everyone’s taste is different we do offer different types of room categories with also different bed size to meet the requirements of our hotel guests as much as possible. Of course, it is always possible to get a pillow or any other equipment on request at any time. Please just call our housekeeping at your next visit if you should need anything.

We would like to apologize about your experiences with the not cleaned trash can of your hotel room. The concern did not equate to our usual service standard. We immediately forwarded this inconvenience to our Executive Housekeeper. The matter has been considered and trained in the daily job training that the staff will take even more attention when cleaning the room and to resolve such a problem in the future.

We regret that you were disappointed because our Executive Lounge is not open anymore. The Executive Lounge is closed since 2010. We will take your advice into consideration to go for any changes in the future.

We do hope that you give us a second chance to welcome you again at our hotel.
Greetings to Lyon

Larissa Uhlmann & Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt Team
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We missed our flight to JFK and needed a hotel for the night. Picked this one and found it a quality hotel reasonably priced. (About $117 US). Free shuttle to and from airport, about a 5 to 10 minute ride. Rooms were large and very clean. Staff was most professional. Coffee shop and bar reasonably priced for food. The two restaurants at the hotel were overpriced, with entrees averaging 30 euros. The breakfast buffet was 28 euros, too expensive for my way of thinking. Wifi throughout, but at 9 euros an hour or 15 euros all day, a bit pricy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
airporthotelfra, Executive Office at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Minerjp;
Thank you for sharing your experience about our hotel on TripAdvisor.
We are glad you had a pleasant stay in overall. But we have not met your requirements in every case.
First of all we would like to inform you that the Internet will be free of charge beginning from January 2014 in every Steigenberger hotel.
The prices for our restaurants “Unterschweinstiege” (serving typical regional food) and the restaurant “Faces” (high quality food prepared in an ordinary style) correspond to our five star category.
In addition to our very generous breakfast buffet, we offer an alternative a la carte breakfast in the lobby bar at a lower price. We have a lot of possibilities, our guests pick their preferences.
We would be very happy if you and your family visit us again very soon at Frankfurt airport. Perhaps even without a layover?