Steigenberger Airport Hotel
Ibis Frankfurt Centrum(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$172
US$155
Travelocity
  • Pool
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$91
3,767 results
All reviewsexecutive towerfree shuttleshuttle serviceruns every minutesfamily roomnext morninglobby barexcellent hotellong flightbetween flightsbusiness hotelbusiness tripshort staydowntown frankfurtconvenient locationairlinegermany
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed here during a short stay in Frankfurt, I must say I was quiet disappointed as I was expecting a real 5 star hotel. The service was ok, the hotel didn't have concierge so the reception people were responsible for that - and the information given was not good at all. They also gave us wrong directions and didn't know the opening times of certain tourist attractions like the Main Tower. The hotel has comfortable rooms but very 3 star quality with old carpeting. There is also no free wi-fi and they charge internet per device used. The breakfast was great but the food at the lounge is horrible. All in all, it is not of 5 star quality as claimed

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
airporthotelfra, Executive Office at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear ProudlyNA;
Thanks for spending some minutes and rating your stay at our hotel.
Unfortunately you did not have a 100 % satisfied visit here.
Due to unforeseeable reasons like short noticed illness it might happen that a member of the team is missing. The hotel would like to assure you the best service under the given circumstances.
You mentioned also the staff has not been able to give you all requested information you asked for. We are sorry you have not been served to your satisfaction. Our employees are being trained daily about wide ranging information like your requests. Please do understand in case there is a new person on board who is not familiarized with every issue. We do hope you received the answer after checking the opening times on the internet e.g.
The hotel offers 4 room categories at the moment. Please do not hesitate to book one room in the Executive Tower next time. You will find only 10 rooms per floor. Every room has a large desk and a very comfortable bed. These rooms have been renovated in 2007 and are well-preserved. Furthermore our standard category is being also renovated. Besides of the carpet all other contents have been completely replaced.
We are happy to announce that the internet will be gratis beginning from January 2014.
Whenever your travel plans should lead you back to Frankfurt we are looking forward to welcome you here.
Best regards

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

A very montern and convenient hotel located close to the airport suitable for business trips. The breakfast is the most completed I have ever tasted with tastes from around the world. The slow service and the charge for the room service are disadvantages....

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear VictoriaTsavou;
Thank you for evaluating our hotel on tripadvisor.
We are glad to find out you enjoyed your stay in overall.
Our generous breakfast buffet includes 12 different kinds of breakfast sandwiches that are delivered daily fresh baked. In addition, there are a rich and high quality selection of hot and cold dishes, fish dishes, 18 different teas, organic jams, Nutella, Actimel, Kombucha, fresh fruit, exotic, quality dairy products, cereals, and muesli etc. available. Besides coffee, we offer during the breakfast buffet also coffee specialties such as espresso, cappuccino or latte.
Unfortunately you were not satisfied with the room service. We would like to apologize for the slow service. Please be informed that our staff is doing his best to serve the guests as soon as possible.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you again whenever your travel plans should lead you back to Frankfurt.
With kind regards

Reviewed 24 November 2013

On a business trip to Frankfurt, I had a very hard time finding a decent and affordable hotel in downtown Frankfurt. Because of the convenience of the hotel shuttle and the quick train service from the airport to the Frankfurt main train station, I decided to stay at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel for my two-day stay. It was a good choice. The shuttle service is frequent and quick, and while the room was compact, it was clean and extremely comfortable. The bedding was wonderful - fantastic pillows and feather bed - I slept great even on my first night in Europe. I'm glad I was staying in the room by myself as the shower stall is exposed to the room and completely encased with clear glass. Still, I was in a single so perhaps in doubles you are afforded more privacy. For me, the biggest drawbacks of the hotel are the cost of the breakfast (which I skipped, as I can't justify paying so much), and the fact that there is no free wifi and even using the computers in the business center to check in online requires that you pay. I used the cheapest option - 17 cents per minute - to check in online, but really, for an airport hotel I expect complimentary online checkin service, as I have found in many other hotels.

1  Thank Kathleen M
airporthotelfra, Executive Office at Steigenberger Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Kathy M.;
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.
We are happy that the hotel turned out to be a good choice even if you originally wanted to stay in the city.
Our shuttle bus(ses) are operating 24 hours every 15 minutes (at night every 20 minutes) and are reaching the terminals within 10 minutes.
From there you can take the train to the city center which is distant roughly 15 minutes. One hint: train tickets are available at our front desk.
The room you rented was one of our new renovated rooms, which was “standard” category before and is “superior” category now. Only the single rooms have the integrated shower with glass. In the double rooms of this category you will also find a particular bathroom design, but it allows more privacy.
Our breakfast buffet for 28 EUR (or 21 EUR with early booking discount) is very generous. Just like you, you can enjoy also a lighter a la carte breakfast served in our Bistro.
We are happy to announce the internet will be free of charge beginning from January 2014 for our guests.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you again.
With best regards
Francesca Sambito

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Check in and checkout were done by one emplyee whilst 5 othersstood about chatting whilst customers stood ina que for up to 15minutes. I asked for a feedback form and was aked whatI wanted it ofr? they then could not find one.I askedfor the Hotel managers email addresswhich they "could not hand out to clients".
Expensive room service which was cold when it arrived. Minibar locked. Generally surly service and staff who clearly could not be bothered. When I handed my coat and bag in for storage whilst attending a meeting after check out I was told to bring it round the back myself! When I picked it up I did not have to provide any evidence that I was the owner.

A tany price this hotel is a massive dissapointment.

1  Thank nick r

Dear nick r.;
We would like to thank you for taking the time and let us know about your experience in our hotel. Guest’s feedbacks are important to us to find out in case we failed and make the appropriate adjustments immediately.
Do you know the phrase “when it rains, it pours”? This is what happened in your case.
We have forwarded your evaluation to the front office manager. The missteps will be discussed in their daily trainings for an improvement of the service. The same has been arranged regarding the room service.
We would be very glad if you will return to our hotel again by any occasion so that we can prove our usual service to you.
With best regards

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed in the executive tower - 9th floor - you could not hear the planes which was good for an airport hotel. However it is annoying when I had to pay 38 Euros for 3 days of Wifi access when the room was already around several hundred Euro's per night.

The breakfast was ok, but avoid the croissants...like rock....

Rooms were clean - No Baths though - only showers.

Staff friendly enough. Could be pretty much any generic hotel, anywhere in the world....

Dear Chas S.;
Thank you for the rating of our hotel on tripadvisor.
We are glad to read you had an enjoyable stay in the executive tower. The hotel offers the highest soundproofing compared to others in the surrounding area. This is important to afford an undisturbed sleep and visit in overall.
We are happy to let you know that the internet will be free of charge beginning from January 2014.
Our breakfast is available daily from 6.30 to 10.00 a.m. It is our primary goal to offer a top quality in food and service. Therefore we have forwarded your hint to the food manager. He will take care about the issue and have a look in the future to assure a satisfying standard.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you again.