“Not that bad at all!!”

Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt
Ranked #26 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Normally I am pretty organized with hotel booking and will book at least 6-8 weeks before my arrival for availability, better rates and promotion etc. So absent minded this trip I realized just before my departure I have not booked a room for Frankfurt especially during this crazy trade fair period with sky high hotel rates!! Hotels in city center for a 2 stars hostel like Meininger was 280EUR a night and Le Meridien was 480EUR a night !! I so look at the airport hotels for better rates room to stay, without reading much reviews I went for Steigenberger Airport. I booked through Hotel.com and made a mistake by booking a classic room (meaning room not yet been furnished) instead of executive room, as I realized only after I paid for an non refundable deal so no choice but to go ahead.

After reading more on the hotel with more negative than positive reviews especially on those classic rooms, I regretted picking this hotel and was so worry but prepared not to have a very good stay.

However, my stay turned out to be a pretty good experience at the Steigenberger Airport. My rate was only 120EUR per night, I stayed for 2 nights from 7th-8th Feb, the room is small but much bigger than those single rooms in the city like Victoria Hotel, Bristol Hotel. The décor is outdated as photos but you do not feel you are entering an old yarky smelly room, the room is very clean and tidy, the carpet is old but not dirty. You have everything you need in the room and it is comfortable. It is an airport hotel so you do not expect any personal touch, staff are not too friendly but everything were correct. Shuttle bus are frequent enough and only a short trip to the airport. They have 2 shuttles, one each to T1 & T2 so the trip is not long.

Free internet are available but its not really working or slow as they said, so don’t expect that you won’t get disappointed. There are 3 small lifts for the non executive tower, at busy time you might have to wait for a while to get into a lift so best ask for a higher floor room to avoid this problem in the morning. I stayed on 7th floor so not needed to wait.

Like most hotel you can hear next door opening and closing the door, bathroom door, tap in the shower in the morning, since this is an airport hotel so some people are leaving extremely early, you might hear those banging noise quite early in the day, I did but that does not bother me as I need to get up early to work anyway.

Make sure you put that do not disturb sign out your door if you plan to stay in a bit, my flight was at noon so I stayed a bit longer in the room on the day I leave since check out is 12pm. My door was knocked for 3 times from 8 am, they start cleaning pretty early.

Check in and out was quick. Good place for business and short stay. They have a nice pool and gym as well but did not have time to check it out.

Overall, personal opinion it is not fair to say it is a bad hotel, for what I paid for, everything is correct and I am happy with what I get. This is not a hotel for leisure.

I will consider this hotel again if I cannot find better deal in city center next time in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
airporthotelfra, Executive Office at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Aussie B;
Thank you very much for your very detailed feedback and sincere words referring to your visit in our hotel.
We are glad to find out that your unplanned trip to us turned into a positive experience.
As you sampled by yourself everyone has a personal sensation about given factors.
We are aware of the issue that our standard rooms aren’t up to date anymore. A part of them has been renovated already and is available as superior category already. If you wish to you can have an upsell during check in to any other room of our 3 categories, in case of availability.
Since January 2014 we offer free internet to our guests. It is available up to a limited speed. On request we do provide also high speed internet against payment.
Unfortunately our employees have not been able to convince you about our usual cheerful efforts towards our valuable guests this time.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you again when ever your travel plans should lead you back to Frankfurt. Do not hesitate to choose another room category according to your needs. And did you know you can travel easily to the city center from here? Just buy the ticket at our front desk, take the free shuttle bus which brings you to the train station at the airport within 10 minutes. From there just take the train and after 12 minutes you arrive in Frankfurt city.
We are looking forward to have you here again and prove our cordial competence to you.
Francesca Sambito & Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt

Write a ReviewReviews (3,690)

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Bland, overpriced food, irritating internet, slow front desk and shower that will point in any direction except at you. Otherwise inoffensive. €21 for breakfast wad a rip off. To some it may seem minor but the tv's were not hooked up in the hymn which made for a pretty boring work out. There is nothing major to fault with this hotel but lots of minor niggles and zero character. Many will say that's what you should expect from an airport hotel and they would be right. I just wish that was not the case.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
airporthotelfra, Executive Office at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Fipzee;
Thank you for taking the time to comment your stay at our hotel which is taken seriously.
Unfortunately we have not been able to meet you expectations.
Our general prices are usual prices in the Frankfurt area and for a five star facility. Nevertheless we also offer a small breakfast a la carte at a lower price for those who do not go for quantity in the morning.
We look forward welcoming you again at the Steigenberger Airport Hotel and to convince you of our courteous services.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Very well appointed room, comfortable bed, perfectly clean. The breakfast is awesome, nice bar area as well. Lower rate than Hiltons at the airport and only minutes away. The staff was very friendly. Parking is across the street in a private garage at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are better than new superior rooms

Dear JEM-travels;
Thank you for taking the time to provide reviewers on TripAdvisor your comments regarding the Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt.
We are glad you enjoyed our overall service and hotel amenities.
Most of our guests are repeatedly surprised by the price/performance ratio at our hotel. We appreciate you enjoyed our room service and thank you very much for the kind evaluation of our breakfast buffet.
We are looking forward to welcome you again soon at Steigenberger Airport Hotel.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The room was tiny, which is normal in Germany. However, there were no amenities to speak of. No individual soaps, lotion, shoe cloth, or ear swabs...nothing! They did have a soap and body/hat wash dispenser with two clear layers of different soap in each...but they didn't provide a washcloth to use these! In fact, they only provided one towel, so I had to choose between a shower after or before a long day of flights. This was the equivilant of the cleanest Motel 6 in the USA, only they charged 250 euro/night! DO NOT stay here unless you just need a bed for the night and don't care what it cost!

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Russell C;
Thank you for the evaluation of our hotel.
We would like to comment on your review.
A rate of 250 Euro per night is not the usual price for our house, but during fair periods like the important fair “Ambiente” which has taken place in Frankfurt during your visit.
The room you stayed in must have been one of our standard rooms. These are being renovated. Our hotel offers 3 more categories to our guests to pick the one adapted to their expectances.
Depending on the category, amenities are offered to you. If not available in your room you can contact our housekeeping department at any time to ask for the listed items. They are glad to serve you with additional towels in case of need.
We would be happy to welcome you again and leave you more satisfied then.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

The hotel is nice and in a convenient location, shame for the rude staff.
We booked a room with an early check-in option since we were landing early from Canada and had to refresh before going to work and they weren't ready with a room
When I asked why, since we booked and paid for the service, the guy at the reception replied in a very rude way "I said the room is not ready. You have to wait and I will see what we can do".
A simple "I'm sorry" would have made a huge difference

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank mannymanassa

Dear mannymanassa;
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate your stay with us.
We regret you have been treated unfriendly by our staff. Please be assured we have spoken to our front office manager about your feedback. Kindness is a matter of course in our hotel. The necessary measures in personnel have been taken.
We do hope these inconveniences aren’t a reason for not visiting us in the future. It is our concern to welcome you again and convince you with the full range of our offer and services.
Greetings

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I did not know that airport properties can be so nice. Stayed in December for one night as I got stranded and had to look for a hotel to stay myself. The Steigenberger was defenitly the best choice and I would always stay there when back to Frankfurt. Very warm and friendly welcome. I got upgraded to their new renovated rooms which are spacious, elegant, very clean and comfortable, the bedding is a highlight as it is super comfortable. The bathroom is so much better than would some would find at another 5 star city hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
airporthotelfra, Executive Office at Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Cancun;
We would like to thank you for your positive review regarding your visits at our hotel and the compliments.
We are happy you like our new superior rooms. A further part of the standard rooms is going to be renovated this year so that we can offer more of the superior ones. This means that the whole furniture is also replaced by new desks, chairs and others. The beds are equipped with very comfortable mattresses for which we receive a lot of compliments from our guests. Shower and basin are integrated in the single used room. The double room offers more privacy for the guests.
Whenever your travel plans should lead you back to Frankfurt you are welcome to visit us again. We are looking forward to it.
Greetings

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed in this hotel for one night with my family in 2 double rooms. Instead of giving us 2 connecting rooms, we were given 2 rooms that are 4 doors apart. I was surprised that the room connected to ours is left vacant for reason that I cannot comprehend. The hotel provides minimal amenities, no tooth brush, no shaver, no sandals, no shower cap, no cotton buds, no body lotion…. We did not possess a power adapter as it was not our scheduled stopover in Germany, the hotel charged us 11 Euro for a power adapter.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kool123934;
Thank you for your evaluation of our hotel on TripAdvisor.
We are sorry to hear you have not been totally satisfied during your stay.
Next time please do not hesitate to contact our front desk to see if they can offer something different that meets better your requirements.
The hotel has four room categories at the moment. Depending on the category the amenities do vary. In case of any need our housekeeping is glad to assist and provide you the requested items.
We do understand your displeasedness about the charge of the power adapter. We have taken this into consideration and will speak to the related person as soon as possible and see if we can offer better conditions to the guests.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you again.
Greetings to Singapore