Normally I am pretty organized with hotel booking and will book at least 6-8 weeks before my arrival for availability, better rates and promotion etc. So absent minded this trip I realized just before my departure I have not booked a room for Frankfurt especially during this crazy trade fair period with sky high hotel rates!! Hotels in city center for a 2 stars hostel like Meininger was 280EUR a night and Le Meridien was 480EUR a night !! I so look at the airport hotels for better rates room to stay, without reading much reviews I went for Steigenberger Airport. I booked through Hotel.com and made a mistake by booking a classic room (meaning room not yet been furnished) instead of executive room, as I realized only after I paid for an non refundable deal so no choice but to go ahead.
After reading more on the hotel with more negative than positive reviews especially on those classic rooms, I regretted picking this hotel and was so worry but prepared not to have a very good stay.
However, my stay turned out to be a pretty good experience at the Steigenberger Airport. My rate was only 120EUR per night, I stayed for 2 nights from 7th-8th Feb, the room is small but much bigger than those single rooms in the city like Victoria Hotel, Bristol Hotel. The décor is outdated as photos but you do not feel you are entering an old yarky smelly room, the room is very clean and tidy, the carpet is old but not dirty. You have everything you need in the room and it is comfortable. It is an airport hotel so you do not expect any personal touch, staff are not too friendly but everything were correct. Shuttle bus are frequent enough and only a short trip to the airport. They have 2 shuttles, one each to T1 & T2 so the trip is not long.
Free internet are available but its not really working or slow as they said, so don’t expect that you won’t get disappointed. There are 3 small lifts for the non executive tower, at busy time you might have to wait for a while to get into a lift so best ask for a higher floor room to avoid this problem in the morning. I stayed on 7th floor so not needed to wait.
Like most hotel you can hear next door opening and closing the door, bathroom door, tap in the shower in the morning, since this is an airport hotel so some people are leaving extremely early, you might hear those banging noise quite early in the day, I did but that does not bother me as I need to get up early to work anyway.
Make sure you put that do not disturb sign out your door if you plan to stay in a bit, my flight was at noon so I stayed a bit longer in the room on the day I leave since check out is 12pm. My door was knocked for 3 times from 8 am, they start cleaning pretty early.
Check in and out was quick. Good place for business and short stay. They have a nice pool and gym as well but did not have time to check it out.
Overall, personal opinion it is not fair to say it is a bad hotel, for what I paid for, everything is correct and I am happy with what I get. This is not a hotel for leisure.
I will consider this hotel again if I cannot find better deal in city center next time in Frankfurt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt! The conference and business hotel with 570 rooms and 40 conference rooms at the Frankfurt Airport is the first choice address when it comes to a stay near Frankfurt`s international hub. Only four minutes from Frankfurt Airport and reachable every 20 minutes with the free 24 hours Express-Airport-Shuttle from Terminal 1 and 2 (2 busses), an oasis full of friendliness, professionalism and cosiness with a beautiful view into nature is awaiting you. Here, recreation and relaxation have top priority: before or after a meeting, in one of the 40 conference rooms with 2000 square metres, in our four restaurants, on one of our 3 summer terraces, in the pool or at our modern gym with a panoramic view at our OpenSky Wellness & Fitness area. WiFi with a bandwidth of up to 1Mbit/s as well as one bottle of water upon arrival in the room (0,5l) is free for guests our hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Steigenberger Airport Hotel Frankfurt reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Airport Frankfurt
- Hotel Steigenberger Airport