“Don't even think about it, even being desperate” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport

IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #99 of 267 Hotels in Frankfurt
Hong Kong
“Don't even think about it, even being desperate”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2008

Staff not customer-orientated at all. Central air-conditioning broke down and spare parts not available till at least one week later. We were not informed when checked in. Given a room on the ground floor with windows open to the pedestrian walk, meaning that one could not keep it open. Staff not helpful at all. Not apologetic. No electric fans when the temperature was 31 degree celcius. Finally changed our room to a higher floor, but needed us to pull our bags to the reception first and then going back to the lift lobby again. Staff showed unwillingness to make the change. Rude. A shame to the hotel service profession!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank Trip_to_share

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2008

Used the hotel for an overnight before a flight home.

Definitely don't think it qualifies as a 4 star property as I have seen advertised. It would be more accurate to describe it as a basic accommodation and it's appeal is the convenience of it's location to the airport.

The room was ok overall however we did end up moving from our first room as it did not have any air conditioning, which was something that was sorely needed as it was quite hot in the region at the time of our stay. Was charged extra for the second room because of it's a/c but do think that all the rooms should automatically have this feature included in the rate.

The restaurant was ok and they did offer a fairly good dinner and breakfast buffet. The room kind of reminded me of a large cafeteria though, so definitely short on atmosphere.

Also think the airport shuttle should be included in the rate as well.

• Liked — Location to airport
  • Stayed June 2008
Saskatoon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2008

The hotel is a very good airport hotel. Quiet, clean, functional. The only weakness is that I would recommend that you take a taxi rather than wait for the shuttle. The free shuttle from airport to hotel was packed and as a result it meant that the check in was extremely congested when everyone arrived at once.
Also as pointed out you pay for the return shuttle so not really a free shuttle after all.

Our experience was that the staff were great - efficient, friendly. The little bar in the hotel provided us with a little snack late at night and a great drink.

I spent a great deal of time trying to find a good hotel at Frankfurt Airport that didn't cost too much or was too far from the airport. This is the spot you should stay if you are staying overnight - it was a great sleep before a long transatlantic flight.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GatronomicDelight
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2008

My husband I stayed at the hotel April 21-24, 2008. We booked it because they have free shuttle to the airport and a free pass for public transportation and we thought it woiuld not be a problem getting to town. We were wrong. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes and is not timed to work with the S Bahn to the Hauptbahnhof. It usualy has just left when you get to the pick up point and you wait for 25 minutes for the next one. The bus usually leaves a few minues early from the first pickup at the airport and does not wait for the guests. It leaves the hotel late, and you miss the train at the airport. check in is slow since the guest arrive all at once on the bus. The shuttle is no longer free, but since we booked before the change we got free tokens. The room is very basic, but clean and it is quiet. Breakfast was included and very good, there is no other place to eat but their restaurant and it takes about an hour to get downtown.

1 Thank Elisabetd
Leysin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2008

I checked into the InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport at 23.00 on 8th of may to spend one night and leave early the next day. I checked out at 7 in the morning and asked the person at the reception to leave keep the room key for me in case i decide to return. I came to the airport to meet my mother whose flight into Frankfurt was scheduled at 8 a.m. However, I found out that her plane came in 1 hour earlier and my mother went to the hotel to meet me there. I found out later that when my mother was trying to ask the hotel personnel at the reception to look for me they gave her the hardest time, screamed at her and threatened to kick her out of the hotel (one of the managers on duty started calling for police and started swearing at her in German). They did not even allow her to stay at the reception and wait for my return to the hotel. As I saw my mother several minutes later I was shocked to hear about the whole story.
I called the hotel and asked the manager on duty for explanation - I was even more shocked when i heard the same person screaming at my mother scream at me and give me the hardest time as well.
Unfortunately, I did not find the names of the people who were on duty at the reception on 9th of may (it was a man (manager) and a woman).
So, as to my intentions to stay at the same hotel again - I made myself a promise never to stay InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport.

• Disliked — reception personnel
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Erissimo

Travellers are raving about these Frankfurt hotels

Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2008

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for one night before our flight to the USA. We had a bedroom with two single beds; there was a small, very functional bathroom, a dresser, space to hang clothes, a refrigerator, TV, a small table and comfortable chairs.
The room is not big but it worked well for us; it was clean and the beds comfortable.
Internet access is available for a small fee. Very nice staff at reception and in the restaurant. We loved the breakfast buffet. Great choices.
The shuttle service to the airport worked well. We can recommed it!

Stayed April 2008
Sioux City, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2008

Stayed at the InterCity two different dates in April 2008 and I agree with the general ratings for this Hotel. However, be aware that apparently after February 1, 2008, the Hotel Schuttle is free only from the airport. To return to the airport the fee is 5 Euro per person. Some female clerks will give the "green" token which is a free pass. But the "red" token will cost 5 Euro. GO FOR THE GREEN. Don from Sioux City, IA

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Small bathrooms
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
#26 of 267 in Frankfurt
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,855 reviews

Been to IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!