“Good Hotel For a Quiet Stay”

IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #110 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We ended up being stuck in Frankfurt overnight and our airline booked us into the Inter City Airport Hotel. First of all, it offered excellent transfer service to the airport. Secondly, the dinner and breakfast buffets were very good. The reception staff were friendly and very helpful, they guided us through all of our questions and made sure that we felt welcome and comfortable.
The rooms are a bit small, but quite comfortable. They are sound proof, which is good because the hotel is situated between the airport and a busy freeway.
This is a good place to stay when traveling through, but it is not a destination hotel.

Room Tip: As all rooms are sound proof, location does not appear to be an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DT1254
IC474, Manager at IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear DT1254,

we thank you so much for writing this great review. It is great to read that you had e pleasant stay.
Of course, we are happy to pass your words on to our staff members.

We hope to see you again one time at Frankfurt Airport.

There are newer reviews for IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed here many times while traveling between the US and my work. I have always been treated well by the staff, although there is certainly nothing extraordinary about the service, it is certainly on par with this level of hotel.

The linens, carpets, bathrooms, and towels have always been clean and fresh, and I have never had any problems whatsoever with the cleanliness of this hotel.

By far, this hotel's BEST attribute is the delicious breakfast buffet. It is not complimentary so make sure to purchase it (cost can be put on the room I believe). It has anything a traveler would desire such as eggs (served multiple ways), bacon, ham, salami, fruit, bread station, potatoes, and many other delicious breakfast foods. It will well cared for, and is refreshed by staff assigned strictly to work that area. It is serve yourself, and there is usually ample seating for guests.

I stay here due to a contract with my company, however I would not hesitate to stop here if I were passing through on my own. Overall clean, courteous staff, somewhat near the airport (shuttle takes you back and forth), and good breakfast to start your day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul5688

Dear Paul5688,

we are very happy to read you comment about your stay in our house. Thank you so much for it.
We are even more happy about your words concerning our breakfast buffet. It is really nice.
We really hope to welcome you again you soon.

Best wishes to Tennessee

Reviewed 14 June 2014

A delayed lufthansa flight led to me and my wife spending a night at the hotel on the expense of Lufthansa - and I hope never to be back again.

Though we where two people, we where checked in to a single-room, and though complaining about this, we could not change to a double room - though, at least they brought us another towel...

The room was boring and cold, the bathroom very small and you did not get the impression that cleaning was what they spend most of their time doing.

Furthermore, as part staying in the hotel on the expense og Lufthansa, we had to eat from a buffet in the restaurant. The only problem was, that when entering the restaurant, the staff was removing the food (this was around 21.45), and shortly after arriving most food was removed and many people was still arriving in the restaurant.

On a positive side, the shuttlebus to the terminals worked well (it's a 10-15 minutte transfer)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear micmm,

we thank you for writing a review at Tripadvisor. We are very sorry about your feelings during your stay.
Please mind that the behaviour you describe wether at our Front Office nor in our restaurant is not our regular standard. Actually we set a high value to the quality of service of each of our staff members. We are really sorry about what happened to you.
We are happy to tell you that we are already planning a renovation in our house which starts soon. There will be also some changes in our rooms.
But we thank you for your positive words about our shuttle bus. We are really happy about it.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

A cancelled Lufthansa flight left us at this hotel for the night, at the end of our otherwise fantastic vacation! While it was definitely better than staying overnight at the airport, it certainly was not great! The hotel resembles a University/College style dorm, no frills whatsoever, and on the particular night we stayed, there was no hot water, so showering before our 8 hour flight wasn't even an option! The beds consist of something similar to a foam mattress, which made for an uncomfortable sleep. One positive was our server in the restaurant, she was very sweet and helpful! It seems as though this hotel gets the bulk of it's business through delayed/cancelled Lufthansa flights, which makes sense as I would have only stayed here out of sheer necessity, not by choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 988jenm,

thank you for giving a review about your stay in our house. We are very sad that you did not have a pleasant stay.
We are very sorry that you did not have hot water during your stay. Unfortunately, this was a technical problem which is already repaired.
We are happy to tell you that we are planning a renovation in our house which starts soon.
It is nice to read that you really liked our restaurant staff. Of course, we will tell our team.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Never ever request for a smoking room!!! Without even smoking it gives you a feeling you have entered a smokers den! The room was reeking with a smell which felt like a mix of sewage water & cigarette smell, great combination for rats/pests not humans.

Hotel staff was happy to change my room but what came as a surprise was they weren't keen to know why I wanted to change my room, so much so for customer feedback!

Stay at Frankfurt Airport pavement...trust me you will be happier the following morning!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IC474, Manager at IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear MadhurBomb,

thank you for giving a review about your stay in our InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport. We are very sad that you did not feel good in our house.
Please be sure that this behaviour is not our regular standard. We pay attention to a high degree of service quality in our employees. We are very sorry that this facts happened to you.
We hope to welcome you again one time to show you our real quality standard.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel located close to the Frankfurt airport. I have been here for two days and depart tomorrow. My room was on the side close to the highway where you could watch the airplanes land. Below is a brief summary of my comments. In short, this is a decent, clean, no frills hotel. It is nicer than most airport hotels. It is somewhat isolated, but has small outdoor garden rooms with seating where you can get some fresh air. I understand that there is access to local transportation, but you have to cross a major highway to get to the station. I chose not to explore this time. Arrival - Shuttle transportation was timely and complimentary. Driver did not assist me with my luggage. Hotel Check in. Pretty easy. No issues with reservation. Was unable to use breakfast voucher that accompanied my conference registration as it was well after lunch when I arrived. Hotel was not flexible on adjusting my bill. Hotel. Reception area pretty open. Fresh apples and internet stations are complimentary. I did not see a printer. Hallways near rooms smell a bit closed. Elevator and stairway access to rooms easy to maneuver. There is no sundry shop so purchase plenty of snacks and beverages at the airport. There is a small store in the reception area that sells aromatherapy, cook ware and other odd items. There are vending machines and an ATM. Rooms. Small but adequate. Beds scandinavians style - low to grown with undersized duvet - no undersheets/top linen. No air conditioning, but fan was provided in my room. No iron or ironing board, but understand that they are available from the front desk. I spotted two electric tea pots and cups in hallway across from my room for use. Large commercial windows provide great sunlight and have room darkening curtains. There is a large window that can be opened two ways - from the top and side. I appreciated this very as it provided fresh air and adequate security. I left it vented all day and night despite the highway noise. There is a desk with adequate plugs and free wifi. Bring a three-pronged adapter for your US computer. Bathroom. Quite small with a step up inserted shower. The shower tiles could use some bleaching. I had shower shoes so no problem. One floor mat towel, hand towel and bath towel provided. No toiletries, shower caps, soaps, or wash clothes as is common in many European hotels. Hotel does have bath/hand wash that squeezes from containers at the sink and in the shower. My bathroom had a slight odor, but I discussed it by keeping a small bottle of perfume opened during my stay. No formal closet, but there is an open clothes rack and a mirrored door with shelves for storage of shoes and clothing. There is a small refrigerator with beverages and counter space along the window sill. Staff. Staff at check-in were very matter of fact. The gentleman in the bar (Volk sp?) was extremely busy tending to close to 30 customers on Monday night. He was very efficient handling orders, beverages and meal service. Meals. Breakfast was delightful. Everything you could possibly want beside pancakes. Hot and cold dishes, fruits, cheese, yogurt, cereals, breads, meats, hot and cold beverages and more. They even provide plastic wrap so that you can make a sandwich to go. The conference meals and desserts were fabulous and much better than the hotel restaurant which was good. There was one gentleman named Schaeffer(sp?) who I saw handling the conference meals who worked very hard and was extremely pleasant. Overall, I would stay here again if I needed a place to stay and didn't mind staying close to the hotel and airport. Worth a stay.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the highway and facing the court yard if you need some peace and quiet. Grab...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Finiky

Dear Finiky,

it is great to read that you liked being our guest. Thank you very much for your review and your great words about our staff. They will be very happy to hear about it.
For only €7.00 per person/stay our guests are invited to use our shuttle bus to get to the airport. With our FreeCityTicket which is included in your room price our guests can get to Frankfurt City very easy. Of course, the bus driver of the shuttle likes to help you with your luggage. Please do not hesitate to ask him.
Like you said, there are computers in our lobby which can be used from our guests. If you want to print something, please ask your reception staff. Of course, it is possible to print something for you.
Thank you very much for your great commendation about our daily food offer. We are very happy that you liked the variation. For the small snacks or drinks there are vending machines on each floor.
If you need anything else in your room like an iron or little sanitary article like soap etc. please do not hesitate to ask our Housekeepingteam.
Dear Finiky, we would be very happy if you visited us again one time. We are really looking forward.

Best regards

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Good choice to rest after or before flight to frankfurt airport. Hotel offers sshutlle from the airport. 7eur. Typical one night hotel. Nice gadget in batch - time counter build in sink to prevent you from spent too much time in batch :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
IC474, Manager at IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Tomasz K,

thank you for giving a review about your stay in our house. It's nice to read that you liked being here.
Our guests pay € 7,00 one-time for using our shuttle bus unlimited for the time of their stay.
We really hope to see you soon at Frankfurt Airport.

InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
NH Frankfurt Airport
MOXY Frankfurt Airport
MOXY Frankfurt Airport
#71 of 270 in Frankfurt
Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Airport

Been to IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!