“Minibar Free!!”

IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport
Ranked #110 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night in May the night before my return flight from FRA and it's the seventh time for me to stay here.

I usually book a room with them in January when the rate is high due to an exhibition at Frankfurt Messe. But this time the rate was much lower and they offered an ad-on package "Minibar Free" with only EUR6 per night that allowed me to consume as many drinks as I wanted. That's great!!

The modern and cozy room was very well maintained as usual. Free wifi available in the entire property. Airport pick up and drop off frequently. Breakfast buffet with a wide selection of cheese, ham, and bread at the level of this hotel.

I haven't had any bad experience at this hotel before and this time neither. InterCity Frankfurt Airport is definitely an option for business travelers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 106XIN
IC474, Manager at IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear thin8,

we are very happy to read that you had a comfortable stay in the last time. Thank you so much for your review. It is nice to see that you had even more than one pleasant stay.
We really hope to welcome you again very soon.
Best wishes to Vancouver

There are newer reviews for IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for one night because of our flight rearrangements. Place was clean and comfort. Shuttle buses to airport between 30 minutes. Only thing to complain was breakfasts juice cups! They are ridiculously small.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Toni L,

thank you for giving a review about your stay at our InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport. We are very happy that you had a pleasant stay.
Unfortunately you said that our juice cups are very small. We are very sorry about that.

Hopefully we can welcome you again very soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My first stay in Frankfurt at intercity hotel was excellent. Good location by the airport. Frequent airport transfers are there. Stayed with my family. I would definitely recommend stay in this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
IC474, Manager at IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Mushfique M,

thank you so much for writing this great review at tripadvisor. It is a pleasure to read that you had a comfortable stay at our InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport.
Hopefully we can welcome you again very soon.

Best wishes to Bangladesch

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Decided to spent the night between flights there instead of Cdg airport or hotel in Paris. Good choice. Not really a bad decision. Nice hotel fast shuttle from and to airport. Quick trip. Acceptable dinner buffet and breakfast bar.
Quick check in and out reasonable price bigger than standard room still European style beds the smaller than twin placed together.
Multilingual staff. Was for sure a good idea to make the trip like that.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IC474, Manager at IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Elhomero,

thank you so much for giving this great review about your stay at InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport. We are very happy that you had a comfortable stay.
We really hope to welcome you again very soon.

Best wishes to Texas

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Due to severe weather in Frankfurt resulting in delayed + canceled flights I was put up in this hotel by Lufthansa.

Check in at reception went fast and I was amazed at how quickly I got my room key card, only to enter a smoking room that smelled terribly. Calls to the reception resulted in grumpy staff saying they did not have any other rooms left. I did not accept this and called again, explained that I am an asthma patient and don't smoke. Begrudgingly they told me to come down and exchange rooms.

This hotel should train they're staff in asking guests during check in the following: do you want smoking or not? I respect smokers and understand they have a smokers section. This hotel abuses the fact that guests are forced to stay with them and do not even attempt to fix the situation.

Breakfast is good and buffet staff very friendly. Would not recommend staying here unless you have to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
IC474, Manager at IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Clint0n_81,

thank you for giving a review at Tripadvisor. Unfortunately, we have to read that you did not have a pleasant stay.
Please mind that this was a big mistake. Actually this beaviour is not our regular standard. We always set a high value on the service quality of our staff. To Keep this standard we train them regularly. We are so sorry about what has happened to you.
Thank you for your positive words about our buffet staff and breakfast buffet.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We ended up being stuck in Frankfurt overnight and our airline booked us into the Inter City Airport Hotel. First of all, it offered excellent transfer service to the airport. Secondly, the dinner and breakfast buffets were very good. The reception staff were friendly and very helpful, they guided us through all of our questions and made sure that we felt welcome and comfortable.
The rooms are a bit small, but quite comfortable. They are sound proof, which is good because the hotel is situated between the airport and a busy freeway.
This is a good place to stay when traveling through, but it is not a destination hotel.

Room Tip: As all rooms are sound proof, location does not appear to be an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DT1254

Dear DT1254,

we thank you so much for writing this great review. It is great to read that you had e pleasant stay.
Of course, we are happy to pass your words on to our staff members.

We hope to see you again one time at Frankfurt Airport.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed here many times while traveling between the US and my work. I have always been treated well by the staff, although there is certainly nothing extraordinary about the service, it is certainly on par with this level of hotel.

The linens, carpets, bathrooms, and towels have always been clean and fresh, and I have never had any problems whatsoever with the cleanliness of this hotel.

By far, this hotel's BEST attribute is the delicious breakfast buffet. It is not complimentary so make sure to purchase it (cost can be put on the room I believe). It has anything a traveler would desire such as eggs (served multiple ways), bacon, ham, salami, fruit, bread station, potatoes, and many other delicious breakfast foods. It will well cared for, and is refreshed by staff assigned strictly to work that area. It is serve yourself, and there is usually ample seating for guests.

I stay here due to a contract with my company, however I would not hesitate to stop here if I were passing through on my own. Overall clean, courteous staff, somewhat near the airport (shuttle takes you back and forth), and good breakfast to start your day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul5688

Dear Paul5688,

we are very happy to read you comment about your stay in our house. Thank you so much for it.
We are even more happy about your words concerning our breakfast buffet. It is really nice.
We really hope to welcome you again you soon.

Best wishes to Tennessee

InterCityHotel Frankfurt Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
NH Frankfurt Airport
MOXY Frankfurt Airport
MOXY Frankfurt Airport
#71 of 270 in Frankfurt
Mercure Hotel Frankfurt Airport

Been to IntercityHotel Frankfurt Airport? Share your experiences!