Carlton Hotel - Frankfurt
US$104
Movenpick.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$197
Hotels.com
US$294
US$280
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationred light districtrooms are smallexhibitioneurowardrobefridgehauptbahnhoffair
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed in this hotel as a last minute solution and was really impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, specifically the receptionist. While the furnishing of my room was a bit outdated,the room was reasonably sized and more quiet than in some other 3 star hotels that I stayed in before in Frankfurt. The room was facing the backyard. The heater was working fine, I had no issues with the TV, and Internet worked, even if it was slow. Mind you, it is free, most other hotels will charge extra. Also the room was clean.
What made the difference for me was the really amazing friendliness of the employees. When I had to wait a few minutes at check-in, I was immediately offered a coffee. I was given a choice of rooms, they even stored for me some frozen goods I was carrying, gave me advise about eateries in the area AND upon departure the breakfast room was prepared 1 hour earlier to allow me to have a full breakfast before my flight.
If you need a place to stay for a layover, the location will surely suit you, as the main station is only a 3 minutes walk away, and with the S-Bahn you get to the airport in 15 minutes.
I want to recommend the Carlton because the staff made me feel so welcome at any time and with any request I had. Will book it again for my next stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in a single room. This is a very nice hotel at a reasonable price. The breakfasts here are fantastic with healthy options as well. Friendly and helpful staff always greet you with a smile at the 24 hour reception desk. Free WiFi, flat screen TV's, bar fridge, room is cleaned daily. Will stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bob A
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Thanks to the friendly staff at the Carlton Hotel. I recently stayed for 4 nights and the services was excellent. The rooms are clean and quiet. Free breakfast and free wifi were included. The hotel was value for money. The staff recognized me each night when I returned - nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I stayed one nite in this hotel on 30th October.Convenient,clean,friendly staff and excellent breakfast.Good value for money and highly recommended for a budget traveller. Very close to central station and all shopping malls.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stayed in this hotel just for one night. This hotel is close located to Messe Frankfurt. About 10 minutes walk. And also close to the centre (15 minutes walk) and station (5 minutes walk). The hotel and the rooms look very old. The rooms were okay, but here and there some stuff was damaged or smelled funny (towels). Staff is very nice, but not very efficient.
Breakfast was good. Not to big but there were enough choises.
It is an okay hotel for a few nights. I think you can get a better hotel for the same price in the same region.

Room Tip: Ask a room that is not located on the road side. It can be noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business