Carlton Hotel - Frankfurt
US$104
Movenpick.com
  • Restaurant
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$197
Hotels.com
US$294
US$280
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationred light districtrooms are smallexhibitioneurowardrobefridgehauptbahnhoffair
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Have not written a review for a long time, but seeing some of the negative comments on here about this hotel, well had to put some things right.

The staff are very helpful, they will go out of their way to help you.
Hotel position two minutes from the main station, and you cannot hear the trains.
Red light district three minutes away, but not on your doorstep, so you do not have to go down there if you do not want to. The hotel at night is quiet.
Rooms, well I have stayed in four rooms now.

551 needs some TLC, double room, spacious, clean and very comfortable bed, (front of hotel)
116 refurbished, larger than 551, clean with two single beds, (back of hotel)
441 single room, but spacious enough, refurbished, single bed and clean
101 quad room, one double and two singles biggest room, refurbished and clean

All rooms had a toilet, sink and shower cubicle.

The breakfast came part of the package and the hotel price you cannot grumble about. You are paying budget prices for an excellent location. With being close to the station you will see some unsavoury characters, go around any major international railway station and you will see the same eg: Kings Cross in London.

There are lots of good restaurants and bars around the area. If you want traditional German food you will have to go further out of the City.

I have paid upto 58 euros for a double room, for myself, (like the extra space). One hotel I had to pay 178 euros for a box that I could stretch out and touch opposing walls. That review is coming after this, and that is not going to be as good as this review.

All in all if you want a good location, good prices stay here. If you do not want to see the red light district, do not go down there. Simples !!!

Room Tip: Check the main comments. Ask and the reception staff will help as much as they can. Send an email if you want something special, they have their own website
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ManchesterNomad57
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Pros:The hotel is only a few meters from Frankfurt train station. The hotel is clean, although quite dated. Breakfast was good. Staff is extremely helpful and speaks good English. I would recommend it for business or short trips in the city.

Cons:The furniture is quite dated and needs a general overhaul. Internal soundproof not there. I wouldn't recommend for long stays, but for short stays is just perfect.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last August. The location was closed to Frankfurt central station and convenient. The room rate was 49 Euro including breakfast. It was very economical, but the room was small and a bit tough to be patient only with fun, without air-con. If you are looking for budget room, this hotel would be one of the option.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed in this hotel as a last minute solution and was really impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, specifically the receptionist. While the furnishing of my room was a bit outdated,the room was reasonably sized and more quiet than in some other 3 star hotels that I stayed in before in Frankfurt. The room was facing the backyard. The heater was working fine, I had no issues with the TV, and Internet worked, even if it was slow. Mind you, it is free, most other hotels will charge extra. Also the room was clean.
What made the difference for me was the really amazing friendliness of the employees. When I had to wait a few minutes at check-in, I was immediately offered a coffee. I was given a choice of rooms, they even stored for me some frozen goods I was carrying, gave me advise about eateries in the area AND upon departure the breakfast room was prepared 1 hour earlier to allow me to have a full breakfast before my flight.
If you need a place to stay for a layover, the location will surely suit you, as the main station is only a 3 minutes walk away, and with the S-Bahn you get to the airport in 15 minutes.
I want to recommend the Carlton because the staff made me feel so welcome at any time and with any request I had. Will book it again for my next stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in a single room. This is a very nice hotel at a reasonable price. The breakfasts here are fantastic with healthy options as well. Friendly and helpful staff always greet you with a smile at the 24 hour reception desk. Free WiFi, flat screen TV's, bar fridge, room is cleaned daily. Will stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo