Metro Hotel Frankfurt-City
Orbitz.com
US$307
US$262
  • Restaurant
Hotel Europa Life(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$151
US$127
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2008

This hotel was O.K. for the price, but I would pay a little more & stay somewhere else. I laughed when I saw the room. There were 3 single beds. No phone. Difficult to figure out the TV. Couldn't figure it out 'til the next morning. Left over soap in the shower & someone's half used shampoo bottle. Couldn't find anywere to turn up the heat & the room was cold. Duvets on the bed. Pancake flat pillow. I stayed one night in Dec. of '07. The hotel website had a rate of something like 70 euro. I got a deal on Orbitiz for something like 40 euros. The hotels around the airport seemed expensive. I arrived late & left rather early. The one reasonable priced hotel near the airport, I cancelled because of poor trip advisor reviews. Past customers said the the airport shuttle was iffy & one could get stuck paying an expensive cab to that hotel. This hotel offered breakfast. They were out of hard boiled eggs in the morning. Usual rolls w/ jam, coffee or tea. For the price, of course it was worth it, & better than staying at the airport, which I wouldn't do. And, better than paying exorbant airport hotel prices. I had a nice gentlemen help me figure out the train. He was actually going to the downtown train station & switching there, so he rode w/ me & helped me find my way. At the train station, I went into a store & asked for additional help. Without all the help, figuring out the train would have been stressful for me. It is 3.60 euro 1-way to ride the train directly from the airport to the downtown station. The train station is supposed to be in the red light district, full of drugs & prostitutes. I didn't see this, but I did see one lady drinking alcohol in the open that was unsavory. At the train station, I walked up the stairs, turned right out the door, turned right on the street, & walked to the end of the block, & turned left. The hotel is a minute-ish walk. There looked to be a nice pub around the block. And you could walk down to the river & to old town Frankfurt where there were apple wine taverns, etc. The location is good. The towels were threadbare & worn. It was clean. Not sure about the left over soap & shampoo bottle though? I still think I would pay a little more & stay somewhere nicer. It didn't look like the website. I had to cancel w/ Orbitz on a return stay as I had to shorten my trip & had no problems w/ the cancellation. No cancellation fee & no problems w/ the hotel. The front desk clerk was nice. The breakfast women did not seem friendly.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank wanderlustak
Reviewed 21 May 2008

50 euro/night. Good location, 1 block from main train station. Good overall for a budget hotel, not elevator but only 5 stories. Everything works and clean. Quiet side of the street, face away from the main station. Plenty of place to eat in the train terminal. Short walk to the river and downtown. Breakfast is standard boil egg, waffle, cereal. I booked by calling the hotel directly with no issue. Lots of traffic around the train station, always felt safe.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BuckGee
Reviewed 15 March 2008

STAY AWAY from Hotel Paris, Frankfurt, Germany!

We did our homework and chose this hotel based upon the reviews found here and on other travel website forums, but let me tell you …

In March ‘07 we reserved a room with Hotel Paris in Frankfurt, Germany through Expedia for a 1-night stay in September. During the first two weeks of September, my father, aged 71, and I traveled throughout Germany, without incident, for 11 days. Of seven 6-month advance reservations, only one was NOT HONORED … Hotel Paris.

Upon arrival, we were informed that our reservations had been “cancelled”. Shocked, we advised we had no such communication from Expedia to that effect prior to our departure. We were further informed the room rate would be E250.00 not E70.00 due “to a trade fair underway”.

Only after considerable debate did Hotel Paris agree to “reduce” the rate to E150.00. However, we were advised “only two rooms were available” … one on the fifth floor, the other in the basement. Hotel Paris has NO elevator. We “chose” the latter as ascending many flights was not agreeable.

The room was deplorable. It stank of a horrible disinfectant. When we opened the window for fresh air … pigeon feathers blew into the room. There was no window shade; at night the light from the hotel sign illuminated our room. And passers-by could be seen and heard on the street.

I have never and hope never again to have to endure such dismal accommodations.

Hotel Paris’ actions could best be described as “extortive”. We signed the credit card receipt, “Room rate under protest” and we were hopeful, working with our credit card company, Hotel Paris could be persuaded to “do the right thing” and honor the E70.00 rate. However, neither Expedia nor the credit card company could persuade Hotel Paris to do so.

Hence the reason for this posting. STAY AWAY from Hotel Paris, Frankfurt, Germany!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank winterlilycat
Reviewed 1 January 2007

I am a solo, female traveller, aged 51. I found the Hotel Paris to be a charming little hotel in a great location, right across from the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof (main railway station). The rooms are tastefully decorated with reasonably comfortable beds. Although the ensuites, are small (but not the smallest you could find in Europe) they are very clean. The breakfast room is very pleasant (they run CNN so you can catch the news in English. The elegant cutlery made eating the continental breakfast delightful. The only drawback at the time of my visit was that the hotel did not have an elevator and my room was on the 3rd floor. The desk attendant, however, did help me with the luggage and said the hotel would be installing an elevator in the near future. They speak reasonable English (and a couple of other languages) here, so they will help you find the local tour operators and advise on places to eat nearby. They will also call taxis for you, if necessary.

Overall, I found this to be a fine little hotel that proved to be very good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo
3  Thank Sanz
Reviewed 19 November 2006

We stayed at this hotel two nights and are comletely satsfied. Rooms aren't very spacious, but clean. Shower was small but clean as well. Staff was friendly. Breakfest was quite normal.
Positive:
close to station
friendly staff
clean rooms
Negative
small rooms
they kept blocked summ of credit card more than two weeks after billing, so we have billed and the same sum (reservation sum) was bloced on credit card. Only after two weeks the unblocked this sum.

2  Thank Huks