“Good Food!!!”

Ranked #108 of 2,455 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Price range: US$10 - US$24
Cuisines: German, International, European, Central European
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

As a flight attendant, have gone here for 30+ years. The food is great and ALWAYS consistent. Gerd and Heidi, owners and servers are amazing. They together run the place alone. Americans are used to the fast paced, eat & run, but Europe is quite the opposite, so don't be offended if you feel he is slow, it's worth the wait. Gerd is not the friendliest, quite German, but can be warm and fuzzy sometimes. He gets more irritated once the big crowd arrives, and we Americans like to change and substitute the menu, not a good idea in Germany. Go early for faster service, b4 6pm.
I LOVE this place!!! Makes me want to slap my Mama it's sooo good!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Vickie C

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Brussels, Belgium
“Now if he could only muster a smile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Some great German food, mashed potatoes and meat with some sauerkraut (I shouldn't have picked the last part though) in a great original setting....

But why can't the guy who serves it ever smile? Must be a German......

• Visited November 2013
Florida
“Great German food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

This restaurant has an extensive menu. They cater to travelers, especially airline pilots. Just look at the airline stickers on the wall. The food is great, the deserts are great as well. Schnapps may flow after your meal courtesy of the owners. This is a real Mom and Pop place and is outstanding.

• Visited December 2012
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great middle class family german restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

It is a true German tavern, with long tables and good hearty food. It´s a friendly non assuming place where one can have a great time.

Visited October 2013
“Good food but horrible attitude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

I'd say the food is good. But the owner/waiter of the shop was really rude to my mom and I. My mother and I shared a lentil soup and a dish of pork knuckle. As I'm having a flu at the moment and mom also didn't want any drinks, so we didn't order any cold drinks. When the owner/waiter came to collect my bill, he told me that here is Germany and that it's a German thing. Everything we have ordered was not even enough to cover our table. The dish, forks, knifes and the tablecloth etc It's more expensive for him. It's different with China. I immediately told him that I was from Taiwan and not from China. He said China, Taiwan are the same. It's like Germany! They have East and West Germany. He then asked if I was a tourist. So does it mean he is going to treat us differently if we were on business which means we can become frequent customers?????

I would appreciated if he could let me know earlier that we should order two protion of food and drinks. He did not say anything when he was taking my order.

3 Thank Jessica C