“Terrible Food And Rude Hosts”
Review of Baseler Eck

Baseler Eck
Ranked #78 of 2,533 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Went there with customers at recent Ambiente trade show.
The welcome we received was awful and basically pushed to a table.
Unless you have a party of 6 or more, you don't get your own table and as there were 4 of us, we had to share with complete strangers, facing each other across the table.
The waiting staff are extremely rude, unhelpful and rush you into ordering .
We all chose medium sirloin steaks, which weren't cheap, but totally inedible and burnt to a frazzle.
These were accompanied by a heap of soggy crinkle cut chips and no vegetables.
A totally unpleasant experience from the second we set foot in the door until we left .
In all honestly, one, if not the worst dining experiences I've ever had

1  Thank FairandHonest28

Reviewed 11 January 2014

While in Frankfurt we were looking for a German restaurant for a good meal and a few drinks. The place oozes charm and was really busy when we arrived. Not a problem, we waited (over a beer) for no longer than ten minutes before we had a table. Service was good, food was really good - a pity that we could only fit two courses in. But after a wine or three with dinner, we left more than satisfied - at a good price.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is a German restaurant serving mainly meats, sausages, potatoes and the other types of food you'd expect from this type of place. The beer was good, service quick and efficient if a bit brusque. It was a good night out, we didn't spend a fortune and nobody left hungry. Job done!

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We chose Baseler Eck on recommendation from Trip Advisor and were really pleased with our choice: the menu had a good variety of German foods to try. The service was really good, especially as some reviews had said otherwise, it was a really nice surprise. The restaurant was busy, but they found us somewhere to sit and we were really well looked after. I had a lentil and sausage soup. For only 6.80€ I thought it was really good value for a main course, not to mention tasty! What we liked the most was the atmosphere: the staff were helpful when we wanted serving, but gave us the space to enjoy our table as long as we wanted it. We ended up staying there all evening. The feel of the place is very comfortable and homely. I would definitely return if I ever visit Frankfurt again. There were lots of things on the menu I'd like to try and I thought it was great value. Plus anywhere that gives you a free schnapps after your meal always gets the thumbs up in my book, they also let you have separate bills per person. Worth remembering if you don't want the hassle of splitting the bill. I liked this restaurant a lot!!!

Reviewed 6 November 2013

As a flight attendant, have gone here for 30+ years. The food is great and ALWAYS consistent. Gerd and Heidi, owners and servers are amazing. They together run the place alone. Americans are used to the fast paced, eat & run, but Europe is quite the opposite, so don't be offended if you feel he is slow, it's worth the wait. Gerd is not the friendliest, quite German, but can be warm and fuzzy sometimes. He gets more irritated once the big crowd arrives, and we Americans like to change and substitute the menu, not a good idea in Germany. Go early for faster service, b4 6pm.
I LOVE this place!!! Makes me want to slap my Mama it's sooo good!!!!!

1  Thank Vickie C