“Really Surprising”

Price range: US$24 - US$42
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Westend-Süd
Description: Monday, nationalholiday Closed.
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

The tiny backyard is very unassuming and there's no indication that quality food is actually served here.

I've eaten the Sashimi meal (salad, miso soup, Sashimi dish and green tea ice cream) and it was absolutely delightful.

The owner / waiter / chef is charming and funny and the food was delicious.

1  Thank Itay S
There are newer reviews for Matsuri

Reviewed 23 July 2014

They made my day for sure! I went for a one-day-trip to Frankfurt and my goal was this traditional japanese restaurant. I always try japanese restaurants when I travel somewhere, but this one is the best so far. I have spent a year in Japan so i can say which food is the real japanese. This one was excellent! And the owner is a rly funny guy! Loved him!

Nice meal and nice servise! It is a must if u are looking for something real japanish!

1  Thank Zsofi87
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The owners are very kind and funny. The food is fresh and tastes like heaven, I would definitely eat there again if I had the chance.

1  Thank Rofv
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The waiter is really helpful and funny. I had a good dinner even if I was alone due to business !
Menu + beer = 34€

これまで数え切れないぐらい海外で和食を食べてきましたが、三本の指に入る旨さです。日本で食べたものを含めて、今年食べたものの中でも三本の指に入る旨さでした。
これぞ和食。ここで、料理を見て、食べることで、なぜ和食が世界遺産になれたかを体感できます。
ご馳走様でした。
日本人だけでなく、世界の人々にオススメ致します!

I have eaten at many Japanese restaurant in foreign countries.
And Matsuri is one of best Japanese food restaurant.
This is "WASHOKU" added to UNESCO Intangible Heritage.
You can experience the WASHOKU at this restaurant.

3  Thank hitouch0529