“One of the Best HGIs”

Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
Ranked #9 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I had an overnight in the middle of a long flight and stayed at the HGI. The Squaire is about a 10 minute walk from the airport and was well worth the journey with my bags. The hotel was clean, organized, and attractive. The staff was friendly and attentive. The room was very nice, well appointed, and extremely quiet. I might have lucked out with quiet neighbors (or empty rooms next door), but I didn't hear a thing inside my room. In fact, I couldn't hear the busy highway out my window if I tried.

The Squaire offers plenty of restaurants and easy connections. The S-Bahn station is less than 5 minutes walk and the IC trains are even closer. There were a few little grocery stores for the necessities and water, coffee shops, and numerous restaurants (Asian, Italian, and German options, at least).

The bed was very firm, although I realized (the next morning, of course) that there was a placard indicating how to adjust it....

I was impressed and would definitely stay here again if I wanted to be near the airport.

Room Tip: The bed firmness is adjustable!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2012

Dear TBDWorldTraveler,
Thank you very much for your kind words praising our hotel!
The Hilton Frankfurt Airport is located adjacent to the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport.
Both hotels have a high level of service, however the Hiton is a full service hotel while the HGI is a focused service, or upper midmarket hotel, where we concentrate especially on a good night sleep (the firmness of the mattrass can be manually adjusted by the guest as you noticed...) and great working space (oversized desk and Herman Miller "Mira" desk chair), and all elementary needs to make your stay most succesfull, amongst others. The Hilton Frankfurt Airport offers an even wider range of services and has a very special design throughout all areas.
TBDWorldTraveler, we look forward to your next trip and hope you will stay with one of our two hotels at Frankfurt Airport again. You might want to try the delicious cakes in the "FIFTH, Lounge & Bar" (located in the lobby of the Hilton Frankfurt Airport), these were crafted by the 1997 World Champion Patissier!
Charles Muller

Write a ReviewReviews (2,407)

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Hilton Frankfurt Airport is a newly established hotel with eye catching modern architecture. For short stays in Frankfurt this hotel is just the place to be. You can not imagine how quite is this hotel as you think you are in the middle of desert, completely sound proof, it is amazing how they made it.The rooms are spacious with a large and well equipped bathroom.The room amenities are brand new and to sum up just in one word: "CLEAN". The sleep quality was perfect thanks to the comfortable bed and pillows. You will receive high level of service with beautiful smiles. I also enjoyed the bar a lot, great food , great service. I will highly recommend and will go back for sure.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear mehrdadnb,
Thank you very much for writing such a great review of the Hilton Frankfurt Airport!
Besides your excellent comments on the location and the "hardware", I truly appreciate your remarks on our team members giving "high levels of service with a smile", you truly make us feel proud. Thank you mehrdadnb!
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 16 January 2012

Start of the stay was a bit rocky with no record of my booking - however all was sorted - but the new staff still need a bit of further training.

Also assigned a fairly compact room - with a small bathroom with the poorly designed shower over the bath, which also didn't drain properly.

Despite the small size of the room - it was well furnished and I really like the look and design of the hotel.

The executive lounge was huge but largely deserted during my stay.

Not really sold if it was worth the price difference with the equally new Hilton Garden Inn but other than the bathroom a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Dear crb412,
Thank you very much for your nice and useful feedback.
crb412, I am sorry to see that you were less than 100% satisfied with the way we found your reservation. I have reemphasized the process to track single reservations to ensure full satisfaction on your next stay.
The Executive Lounge is certainly one of several "design highlights" in the hotel. This oversized loung allows our guests more than enough space to work, snack and/or relax. Especially after a (long) flight you might have experienced this as a welcome feeling!
crb412, I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon, no matter which of the two hotels you choose to stay at!

Reviewed 16 January 2012

This hotel is almost brand new (opened in December 2011). I stayed one night in an executive room on the 8th floor before a flight back to Manchester the next morning. Room was in excellent condition, but this is expected as the hotel is brand new. Bed was very comfortable and the PeterThomasRoth shower amenities are wonderful. The only complaint I had about the room is the television. First, there was no apparent way to decrease the volume of the television audio that is pumped into the bathroom, this was sorted by turning the tv off. Second, the tv does not allow for external inputs (e.g., I could not connect my iPhone to the tv via HDMI - there was no way to select the input from the Hilton menu). The TV was only a minor inconvenience, but I have stayed at other Hilton's that allow this.

There's a very impressive workout facility located on the top floor, along with wet and dry sauna. The executive lounge was very nicely laid-out and I had the option of eating breakfast in the lounge or in the restaurant (I chose the restaurant). Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Allen H
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Dear Allen H,
Thank you very much for your excellent review of the Hilton Frankfurt Airport. Besides for your remarks on the hotel facilities, I especially appreciate your comment on our staff. Your comments on the TV volume of the speaker in the bathroom are going to be addressed shortly, I have signed a purchase order for this purpose already.
Allen H, thank you once again for your recommendation for guest to stay at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport, it is truly appreciated!

Reviewed 13 January 2012

I just stayed at the Hilton, only about two weeks after it opened. It is excellent in every way. Located at the airport rail station (so an easy five-minute walk to terminal 1), I was made to feel welcome from the start of the check-in process. The room was spacious and wifi was fast. The lounge is wonderful, as is the gym. Food was first-rate at their restaurant. I look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: If you can get an upgrade, do so.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2012

Dear gynmd,
Thank you very much for your great review of the Hilton Frankfurt Airport. We indeed just opened our doors on the 20th of December 2011. Our main objective is exactly what you experienced: exceeding your expecations and ensuring your stay is as comfortable as possible. We are happy you found a new "home away from home" while in Frankfurt!
The Executive Lounge is for all of our guests who book Executive Rooms which are located on floors 9 and 10, it has indeed become quite an exclusive and relaxing place!
gynmd, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 13 January 2012

It is about time! In the past I was forced to stay at the lack luster Sheraton (also posted a review on them). I was impressed by the staff and rooms at this hotel. The executive lounge was very good. Unlike other reviews talking negative about the bathrooms i found my bathroom to be large and very nice. Walk in shower with glass walls no nasty curtain. A full tub, nice size sing and area to put all my stuff. The rooms are a good size. I was very happy with my stay. Just booked 3 more stays! The location is very good a 10 min walk from term 1 and the area right outside the doors of the hotel is full of restaurants and shops.

Dear worldguy2312,
Thank you very much for your very kind words on your stay at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport and even more for booking 3 more stays!
Your comments on our convenient location and our rooms are very nice and might partially be expected from a new hotel. However what makes me feel really proud is your kind compliments on our staff!
Thank you worldguy2312, we are very happy you found us and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 9 January 2012

We stayed here on New Year's Eve before our early flight back to the U.S. It was very quiet but made the night before departure a comfortable and relaxing one.

As expected of a brand-new hotel, the rooms were well thought-out and decorated nicely. I was surprised to find such a stylish bathroom with a separate tub and shower. The wireless internet charges were ridiculous and disappointing, so I didn't bother using them. Service was friendly, the bar had a nice ambiance, and the location is obviously very convenient for anyone flying into or out of Frankfurt. As mentioned by another reviewer, the sound insulation is VERY impressive. We didn't hear a single thing despite all of the planes, cars, trains, and people coming and going.

Overall a fair value and we'll gladly stay here again if we have another early flight out of Frankfurt on our next trip.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple