Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
US$157
US$137
Travelocity
2,500 results
All reviewsthe executive loungefrankfurt airportlong distance train stationnext morningfollow the signsan early flightmain terminalgarden innsame buildingwalk in showerrental carbetween flightsmodern hotelconvenient locationbusiness centerone night staysquaire
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is an airport hotel directly connected to the airport terminal 1.
To find it, you must go to the long distance train station.
The hotel is modern and looks very new.
I had a room on the 10th floor, with access to the executive lounge.
The room was not particularly large but well disposed and with a large bathroom with both tub and large separate walk-in shower.
There was a mechanical scale in the bathroom.
Two things I did not like regard the toilet paper: it was very cheap and thin and the spare roll was behind/below the WC.
The toilet paper is a very important item in a bathroom and it should be soft and top quality in any good hotel: it is not justifiable to save on this aspect.
Moreover, it should be kept in a very clean and safe position, certainly not near the floor behind the WC, which is a highly dangerous location from a hygienic point of view.
The minibar was well stocked with soft drinks (and little bottles of liquors).
The TV was a 37" LCD with a sophisticated menu that might be used for lots of things but was not really active.
Even the wake-up alarm could be set but did not work (beware !).
Apart from non-functioning menus, the TV was difficult to control: it responded to the remote as if each button was pressed multiple times, making the use of arrows to move in the menus almost impossible.
Internet was available both wireless and wired, for 1h (first was free) or 24h.
There were multi-standard electric sockets (UK, US).
Individually controlled air conditioning worked well.
The electronic safe was a standard one with room for a laptop.
The room faced an indoor atrium and was completely quiet.
Sound insulation appeared excellent under any aspects.
The executive lounge was spacious.
Room service menu was sufficiently varied, service was prompt and the food was good
The expensive in-room breakfast menu lacks some flexibility.
Breakfast in restaurant and lounge starts at 7 on sunday, which seems late for an airport hotel.
Overall I was satisfied with this hotel: conveniently located for the airport, very clean, very comfortable and absolutely quiet.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Alberto P
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear apvac,
Thank you very much for posting such a nice review regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport. Your comments are well received, certainly useful for other Tripadvisor visitors and many will certainly be used by us. It is great to see you were satisfied and we truly look forward to be your host again in the future!

Reviewed 22 July 2012

I had a last-minute meeting in Frankfurt and my associates booked a room here for me and we met from 5 PM when I arrived to 1:30 AM. I slept that night in the hotel and got up and took a flight home. The room was reasonably spacious, the internet was good, the shower was excellent. I did not try the restaurant or room service. The food at the bar was so-so, but we thought it would be faster than the formal restaurant. Overall, convenient, nice exec lounge. The room was clean. Everything was in order. I'd happily stay there again.

1  Thank letsmakeadeal
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear letsmakeadeal,
Thank you very much for your great feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport. We are glad to see that you had a good stay!
We would happily look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed 21 July 2012

My main issues with this Hilton were with the room and cleaning; more about this further down.

The elevators only work when you slide your room key; something that I frequently forget and that always seems like an unnecessary hassle to me.

The room's interior was classy and the bathroom was lush and luxurious. The sink was leaky though, so the first morning I got up to find the bathroom under water.

My room faced an inner yard; there was zero privacy as the opposite side's room windows were very close, as were some walkways. I kept the curtains closed at all times.

The room comes with a mini bar but you cannot use the fridge for your own food as it electronically registers when you move something in it.

The glass desk was impossible to use with an optical mouse and sadly did not come with a desk pad - I ad to use the info brochure for a mouse pad. The pen was hidden in the night stand.

The room wasn't clean - there was dust on the water boiler, splashes and tissue remains on the bathroom walls and door. Beauty products and mini bar were not refilled.

Internet access is EUR 20/day (supports 2 devices). In-room dining is also very expensive (a side salad is between EUR 12 and 17).

The Hilton has one of the biggest and best gyms I've ever seen in a hotel, and a good sauna. Sadly, no pool.

The front desk staff was friendly and competent.

In this price range and with this name, I expected better; I have stayed at countless cheap hotels where the cleaning was impeccable and the rooms' interiors just... worked.

1  Thank mkalfa

Dear mkalfa,
Thank you very much for posting your feedback.
I am truly sorry that we were not able to convince you entirely with our hotel.
The elevators wok indeed on key cards. I understand that this might "seem like unnecessary hassle", however we really believe that this relative small inconvenience provides so much more factual security, in addition to a feeling of safety.
Thank you for your nice comments on the rooms. The hotel is new, we only opened in December last year, so we were able to integrate the latest technolgy and design.
The hotel indeed has rooms facing the inside/Lobby of the building, as well as the airport, or the city forest.
mkalfa, once again I do regret that we were unable to meet your needs. I can assure you that this is a very rare occurence. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future occassion. Please kindly let me know during your next stay if you experience any inconveniences so that I can personally ensure you have a great stay!

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Once inside this hotel, you forget you are in Frankfurt Airport. It is flawless.

The people there were very helpful. There were a few hiccups with our reservation (we were using a Hilton Me Our Guest certificate and they were not aware of the policies involved, and then there was a crib in our room instead of a bed for our daughter), but the problems were taken care of immediately and with grace.

The room was breathtaking. I am a germaphobe. I don't like there to be any evidence that others have stayed in a room before me. I have NEVER before stayed in a room so close to that description. Everything was shiny, clean, and fresh. The decor was very tasteful, the linens were simple and fresh, the bed was comfy, and the amenities were plentiful and high quality.

We thought we would experience some noise because it is in an airport, but it was completely soundproof. We heard no sounds from outside the hotel or outside our room. The elevators and hall doors are only able to be unlocked via key card, and you may only go to the floor on which you are staying. I felt secure there.

The only changes I would have made to the room would have been the addition of more outlets and the addition of a refrigerator that is not a mini-bar. Still, the minibar prices were not as outrageous as I would have expected.

The hotel charges for Wi-Fi, but they fail to tell you that you can get an hour for free each day.

The breakfast is a whopping 30 euros per person. We skipped it and went to a cafe right outside the hotel for much, much less.

We would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: From what I've seen, you probably won't find a bad room in the place. Enjoy!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank daynasu

Dear daynasu,
Thank you very much for posting your great review regarding your recent stay in Hilton Frankfurt Airport.
I especially appreciate your comments on the state of our rooms and cleaniness. All rooms are indeed especially sound proof developed. We also truly appreciete your great comment on security and the use of keycards, which indeed is important in todays world.
Your comment on electrical outlets are well taken and have been noted! There is indeed a charge for use of internet, we do offer the possibility to go on the internet via a remote keyboard on our flat screen TV's, which we have in each of our guest rooms.
daynasu, we are looking forward to welcome you back again!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Simply put the best nights sleep in a hotel I think I've ever had.

There is no sound let alone noise and the curtains blacked out the room completely.

The bed was very comfy and the bedding also.

The room and bathroom were stylishly done and the toiletries very nice indeed.

I had my first bath of the year as it was so large and inviting. (I normally shower instead...)

The breakfast offering was of a a good standard.

My only gripe would be that there is no free wi-fi, unacceptable in a business/airport hotel of this standing (in my humble opinion). And whilst the hotel was modern, stylish, spacious etc it did lack a little sole.

Would I stay again - yes - however most likely I would select somewhere with free wi-fi next time!

1  Thank B0dger
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Dear B0dger,
Thank you very much for your great feedback on your recent stay at Hilton Frankfurt Airport.
The sound isolation of the areas, especially the bedrooms, was indeed one of our key priorities when we developed and built the hotel. Thank you for confirming that this really worked out well. Also, the black out curtains and bed were other important choices we made last year, before we opened the hotel on the 20th of December 2011. Many of our guests travel around the world and need a good "nights" rest, sometimes even during "the day".
I am truly glad to see that you also had a highly comfortable stay.
We do indeed charge for our highly reliable internet access. You might have noticed that we even offer remoteless keyboards in each guest room so that you are able to do your emails, or surf the web on your 37" digital TV (which we have in all rooms). For all our HHonors Diamond and Gold members the internet access is complimentary though, so if you travel a lot I would certainly recommend you to sign up to this guest loyalty program. This way you have the additional benefit of earning points & miles, besides complimentary internet access!
B0dger, thank you once again for your valuable comments, we are certainly looking forward to welcome you back to Hilton Frankfurt Airport soon.
Charles Muller