“I love this hotel...........”

Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
Ranked #11 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Work at Frankfurt Airport at various times throughout the year and always stay here . Rooms are very modern and clean and bathroom has walk-in shower and bath . The bed has to be the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Hotel is right under the flight path but you cannot hear a thing in the rooms as they have excellent soundproofing. Breakfast buffet is superb and staff are all very friendly and helpful . Trains to Frankfurt are about a 5 min walk away with Frankfurt Central only 2 stops away . Lots of restaurants and supermarkets with walking distance . Can't recommend it enough.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear DublinGwailo,
Thank you very much for your excellent review regarding your multiple stays at Hilton Frankfurt Airport.
The Hilton Frankfurt Airport opened last year so we were able to include the latest technology when it comes to soundproofing. We did not just believe you should not hear cars, planes or trains, we isolated to such an extend that one will indeed not hear a guest staying in a neighbouring room or walking the corridor. Many of our guests truly enjoy this quiteness.
Thank you DublinGwailo especially for your compliments to our team members. Although we offer state of art hotel facilities indeed, our team members really are our biggest asset!
Trains and buses are indeed around the corner, so are taxi's, these all bring you to Frankfurt city center in less than 15 minutes.
DublinGwailo, thank you once again for being such a great ambassador to Hilton Frankfurt Airport, we are truly looking forward to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 17 August 2012

I was very impressed with everything about the Hilton. The only problem was finding the hotel as we were driving in, there were no signs at all. We had to stop and ask for directions.
All the staff was very helpful and friendly, rooms was modern with everything that you need. I loved having a hot water cooker with a variety of tea since I am not a coffee drinker. The bed was extremely comfortable.
It would have been nice to have internet included we had to pay for this - we had no problems at all with the service. Room service was great, food was very tasty.
There are little shops right at the hotel as well as a Starbucks if you are interested in that.
We had an early morning flight which I needed a luggage cart, I had to walk out a bit to find one which cost 2 euro (is refundable) and bring it back to the hotel. You might want to get it before you bring your luggage down.
I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear DelilahB710,
Thank you for your outstanding review of Hilton Frankfurt Airport, especially on your generous comments on our team members, whiich I certainly can echo!
When traveling by car the easiest way to get to the Hilton Frankfurt Airport is to follow the signs "THE SQUAIRE" as this is the name of the building where the hotel is located, immediately at the airport. This brings you straight at the hotel entrance.
When arriving by plane, the easiest way is to follow the signs "long distance trains" as we are located on top of this railway station. There is no need to go outside at all when you are walking from the Airports main terminal.
DelilahV710, we certainly look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Perfect choice if you need a quick stop in Frankfurt, very well appointed rooms very modern. It's situate inside a mall very close to the airport, you will find there every kind of cuisine immaginable even a grocery store!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank giovanni_tonti
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This was my first stay at the Frankfurt Airport Hilton and I'd say it was my last one too.

The first problem was locating the hotel, coming from the long distance train station no signs indicated the way to the hotel. Only halfway to T1 I realised that I had to walk back. The hotel is located over a glum looking drugstore via an escalator. Once finally on the right floor the Hilton is straight ahead and the Hilton Garden Inn to the left. First impressions were the Hilton looked dull and drab while the Hilton Garden Inn at least has some splashed of colour.

Once I entered the building I was struck how exceedingly dull the Hilton was, no flowers, no scents, no music, no flourishes at all, just a pure brutalist functional box to house you for the night. I wonder if the GM has ever been in an comparable Asian hotel. No sense of arrival or welcome.

The receptionist appeared to have some difficulties with English which was a bit strange. When I asked about the WiFi access he told me it was €19 for 24h (US$24). Highway robbery and totally unacceptable.

The room on the seventh floor was small and a sea of beige, whoever designed this hotel must hate colour. It was a functional room, though the desk chair could not be adjusted and was far too low to work comfortably. A nice touch was a decent selection of HD TV stations. The room did not smell fresh at all, lots of stale air.

The bed was standard Hilton mediocre fare with one difference: the bed linen had holes in part and did not look clean to me. In fact in at least two places were stains, some hairs, and it was far from crisply ironed. This was totally unacceptable.

The air-condition is NOT WORKING in this Hilton so be prepared to have an uncomfortable night. As with most airport hotels, windows can't be opened either. Despite the aircon being set at full speed and the lowest setting it never managed to cool the room adequately. What it does do however is making a very annoying humming and rattling noise, that it does well.

The bathroom was clean (and at least the one bright spot).

Minibar prices were extortionate and no information was provided about in room dinning. When I called guest services they did not understand “cork screw” when I asked for one. Instead I got a bottle opener. However after explaining it again they managed to “loan” me one for two minutes. 2 small water bottles were delivered to the room for free.

Check out was quick enough (in a darkened lobby at 6 am, not sure why they can't have lights on).

In summary:

Pros:

-location (if you can find it)
-good price when on promotion

Cons:
-ugly building and rooms
-low service levels and devoid of any enthusiasm from staff
-lack of cleanliness
-nickel and diming guests for WiFi
-aircon not working and noisy

It is a shame that Hilton provide such a mediocre offering. The competing Sheraton for years managed to get away with poor rooms and high prices and I had high hopes that Hilton would steal the march on them but my experience has shown that Hilton also adopted the location convenience only approach: guest will come because they have to, not because they want to.

Next time I'll try the Hilton Garden Inn, at least the WiFi is free there and friends tell me you get a better view too.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank starflyergold

Dear starflyergold,
Thank you very much for taking so much time and effort to write your review regarding your recent stay.
I am trully sorry to hear that we were unable to meet your expectations and that you were so unhappy with the internet charge. This charge is indeed €19 for a 24 hour period. This includes a significant amount of bandwidth and allows considerable downloading possibilities due to increased bandwidth. In addition you can use the internet on two devices, both wired and wireless, including on the business center computer stations and printer.
Our internet could also be accessed on the 37" TV's via a wireless keyboard offered in each guestroom, in addition we have an immediate dial through button to the helpdesk in the rare case support might be needed. For all our HHonors Gold & Diamond guests the internet access is complimentary. Understanding that you are a regular traveller, this might be a great benefit to you as it is very easy to sign up.
Since we offer TV via satellite we are indeed able to offer such a wide range of HD TV stations from all around the world.
starflyergold, we are sorry you did not like the decor and colors, in general our guests are really pleased with the exclusive design, which might indeed be different from what one is used to in other hotels.
The in room dining options are included in our Guest Directory, which we place on the desk in each guestroom.
starflyergold, thank you once again for taking so much time to review our hotel!

Reviewed 14 August 2012

1. Distance: Sheraton is easier to get to then the Hiltons. Only go to Hilton and Hilton Garden if you need to take the trains local or long haul. 20 minutes walking fast to get from Terminal 1 over the walk bridge, down another long walk way then right past the train terminal. Escalator up.

2. Rooms don't function: Rooms have non functioning air con/heat units. So, with the air tight windows to insulate the planes nearby you can swelter or be driven nuts with this high pitch whine of the air con unit (annoying whistle and rattle).

3. Choices: Don't get 11th floor rooms, low pitched ceilings.

4. Avoid: Don't get the handicap rooms unless you need it. Sinks are the height of the wheel chairs so major stooping to brush your teeth. Bed seems lower too.

5. Views: Get the rooms facing away from the airport (better view).

6. No free wifi: There's NO free wifi even in the public areas (for guests you get 1 hour free wifi).

7. Other people's hair: Rooms are not cleaned, there's other people's hair on the floor, so don't walk bare feet.

8. Exec lounge: The executive lounge is bright airy, same wifi policy (none except for 1 hour free). Food is ok, nothing to write home about.

9. Service: What service. The staff is unfriendly and don't know customer service (nothing compares to Asia hotel services): Forget a warm greeting, or giving you a cup of coffee while they look for your room during check in and can't find it 45 minutes later and it's 6AM. If you want to move rooms they mock you and say "what, noise, you don't prefer or now too warm?". Nurse Ratchett would be proud. If you call "customer service hot line" (yup a button on the phone) NO one will answer, operator and receptionist speed dials all go to the same Nurse Ratchett.

Conclusion: Not worth the money or the points.

Room Tip: Don't get 11th floor rooms, unless you need it don't get handicap rooms (height adjusted for...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Champagnetraveler,
Thank you very much for posting your review.
I am truly sorry to note that we were unable to convince you of our hotel during your recent stay. I only wish you would have brought these issues to our attention during your stay. This way we could have corrected (some of) these immediately. Champagnetraveler, I can assure you that the service you described certainly is rare in our hotel, in general our team members are praised for their efficiency and friendliness.
Champagnetraveler, thank you once again for highlighting your experiences, I can assure you that we will further improve in the future and I hope to welcome you back some day.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Stayed one night on layover on our way home to Virginia. 10 minute walk from baggage claim area. Easy access to trains into Frankfurt or Mainz, 15 minute journey. Rooms were high end and extremely quiet. Very comfortable beds. Slept great. Excellent breakfast.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Blueridgegeo,
Thank you for your outstanding review of Hilton Frankfurt Airport.
We certainly look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2012

After having stayed at the nearby Sheraton Airport hotel, I decided to give this hotel a shot last month. I was on my way back to the US and needed a place to rest for the night.

The hotel is very easy to get to from the terminal building. The property is rather new and both the lobby and the room were excellent. Check-in was quick and uneventful (which is a good thing). My room was on the 9th floor and considering the proximity to the airport and a train station, the room was very quiet.

There are a number of restaurants in and around the hotel. With the terminal close by, it took me less than 20 minutes to reach the gate after checking out.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear kmrau,
Thank you very much for your great review of Hilton Frankfurt Airport. It is great to see that you will definitely visit us again!
I can assure you that our team is definitely looking forward to make your stay a great experience again, you are very welcome kmrau!
Warm regards,