“Great Hilton option around FRA”

Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
Ranked #9 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Its my new base hotel in Frankfurt. Much better than the HGI next door. Good parking, nice restaraunt and exec lounge. Precor fitness room is great (and hard to find in Germany).
Only complaint is the bar: be prepared to wait a long time for service, very limited food selection (and who wants to sit in the restaraunt when your traveling alone), expensive (compared to connections right outside the front door) and arrogant (or incompetent) bar service.
But really nice, and new, hotel option for Frankfurt.
** nice treat- fresh strawberries on the breakfast buffet!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear COtraveller69,
Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Frankfurt Airport as your new base hotel in Frankfurt!
COtraveller69, I really would appreciate if I could meet you on your next stay, this especially to get some more detailed feedback on the bar wait time & service as we would like to make sure that service is as impeccable as it can be. I hope you will ask for me on your next visit (since I was unable to identify you thus far and I highly value your feedback).
Thank you once again for posting your excellent review, we certainly look forward to your return visit to Hilton Frankfurt Airport soon!
Ch. Muller

Write a ReviewReviews (2,407)

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Long walk without much signage, (hint) all hotels are accessed from departure level and not arrivals. Once found pleasantly surprised. Modern clean room, good bathroom, good restaurant, helpful staff. Perfect airport hotel. Much better option than Sheraton.
Hilton Garden Inn immediately next door but didn't explore it.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank silver 57

Dear silver 57,
Thank you very much for your nice review regarding your recent stay at Hilton Frankfurt Airport.
Our hotel indeed features the latest in design & technology, since we only opened our doors less than one year ago. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations!
silver 57, we are glad that you too found our hotel a great alternative. We certainly look forward to welcome you back again to Hilton Frankfurt Airport in the near future!

Reviewed 10 October 2012

This hotel is superlative in every way, except . . .

First, the good part.

Personnel: excellent, professional, friendly, helpful.
Facility: luxurious, have-to-see-to-believe hyper modern, very comfortable. The hotel’s internal layout is airy and, at the same time conveys a feeling of being secure. Makes one feel like being in the next century in a galaxy far, far away.
Breakfast: Worth a trip in its own right.
Location: right in airport on top of ICE (Intercity Express) train station.

Second, the issues.

Room rate - Exorbitant.
Signage - Hotel entrance hard to find. Ditto, once inside building, upon arrival, we ended up at the wrong hotel lobby. All this, however is no worse than the notoriously scarce, inadequate airport signage that is too small, too easy to miss and misinterpret.
Telephone system - all recorded responses are in broken language, both English and German.
Bathroom - shower door was too short to prevent flooding of the bathroom floor when showering, and the toilet spewed a fine mist at the user’s legs when flushed.
Conveyances: No airport luggage carts in hotel. No luggage carts allowed on shuttle train. No shuttle bus. No help with luggage to the terminal. With five suit cases and two carry-ons, we had no choice but to hire a cab, even though we were already in the airport.
Structural: The few, occasional structural obstructions in the otherwise spacious hallways, really are but a very minor nuisance. Scuff marks are not from people but from hotel luggage carts.

Do we recommend you stay there? If price is no object, by all means do. Do it for the hotel’s uniqueness, easy access from flights and by car, provided you already know how to get to it. The hotel is a “Must See” site in Frankfurt. The Frankfurt Airport is notorious for its poor signage throughout. It has improved somewhat over the decades. Still it has a long way to go. We understand this is due to a city ordinance and not the hotel’s fault.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank guenthpw
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Dera guenthpw,
Thank you very much for your great review of Hilton Frankfurt Airport, thank you especially for the excellent comments on our team members, and also on your fantastic feedback on our buffet breakfast.
The location is indeed exceptional, no matter if you travel by plane, train, or car.
For the best available rates we would recommend to make your reservation via the Hilton corporate website. Since we have a "best rate guarantee" you will not find a better rate anywhere else than our own hotel site. Note that there are indeed some dates during the year that hotel stays in- and around- Frankfurt are more expensive due to large city wide conferences and/or fair business.
You are right that we have only very limited influence over the signage from the airport to the hotel, the signs are indeed a bit smaller white on black, and not as prominent present as the white on blue signs. The hotel is approximately a 5 minute walk away from Frankfurt Airport's main terminal, on top of Frankfurt Airport's high speed train station, so one could also follow the large white on blue sitgns indicating where the high speed train station (ICE) is located.
Thank you for categorising us as a "Must See" hotel! We certainly like your recommendation!
guenthpw, we look forward to welcoming you back again to Hilton Frankfurt Airport soon!

Reviewed 10 October 2012

The Hilton hotel at Frankfurt airport is the best choice if you have an early flight or train to catch from Frankfurt main airport. It is located few meters from the fast train stations and 10 minutes walking from the main terminals. Rooms are brand new, extremely soundproof, well decorated, bed is comfortable and relaxing. Bathroom amenities are top standards. Hotel staff is nice and ready to help you. Check in/out takes less than two minutes and this is great if you arrive quite tired from a long trip. The breakfast was good, not exceptional and some food was not available during the 30 minutes I spent in the breakfast area. The only "weak" point is that the hotel should be better signaled from the airport terminal, the best is to follow the indications for the fast train stations and you will soon start seeing the signs for the Hilton too.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

"Best choice from Frankfurt Airport...." ... thank you very much Giovanni141967 for highly recommending Hilton Frankfurt Airport for Tripadvisor readers and future travelers!
Thank you also for your great comments regarding our team members, that truly is appreciated!
Giovanni141967, we certainly look forward to your return visit to Hilton Frankfurt Airport!

Reviewed 9 October 2012

It is finally good to have two new airport hotels at the airport ground, right next to the Sheraton, which has held a monopoly over FRA for the past decade. I stayed at both HGI and Hilton FRA Airport, and Hilton is obviously fancier with bell desks available and more restaurants and bars, as well as an Executive lounge of Hilton Honor members. The snacks at the lounges are not too impressive, but at least there are happy hours. The room is huge (larger than HGI) with more designs and the bathroom is also larger than HGI next door. However, there is no free wifi like HGI, and even for Hhonor elite members, the hotel only gives you free wifi to one of your devices. For this fact alone, I prefer HGI for the business facilities. The front desk staffs are friendly and the lobby is nice. However same problems with HGI, there are lacks of signs from arrival level to the hotel and you basically need to go up to departure level and then cross the covered pedestrian bridge towards the Squaire. The walk is up to 15 minutes and you need to use a cart for heavy bags. Plus the hotel lacks luggage trolley depot outside so it is very inconvenient if you are travel solo. The hotel need to have these luggage trolleys available right at the hotel ground because of the long walk to the terminal and it makes me hesitate to book the hotel if I have lots of heavy bags in the future. Sheraton has luggage trolley depot at the hotel entrance and this should be easily done!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Carfield0830,
Thank you very much for your great review of Hilton Frankfurt Airport.
Our hotel is brand new indeed, incorporating the latest technology throughout, also where it relates to sound-proofing guestrooms. The design is fresh, modern and exclusive, combining natural colors, with the use of natural materials, appealing to a wide audience, especially in todays world. The large 37" Flat Square TV's and high treatcount linen and duvets, the black out curtains and the modern bathroom with Grohe showers indeed provide our guests with a great base for a successful start of the day!
Thank you Carfield0830, especially for your nice comments on our team members!
The nearest luggage trolley station to the hotel is just 150 meters away in the Skywalk which connects the building where the hotel is located with the airport. There will be no other station created in the foreseeable future.
Carfield0830, thank you once again for your kind review, we truly appreciate your feedback and certainly look forward to welcome you back to Hilton Frankfurt Airport in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 October 2012

I am a former Food and Beverage Director and Financial Controller for major corporate hotels including corporate Hiltons in New Orleans, LA and Washington DC. I have over twenty years experience in the industry. There are plenty of good things to say about this property. It is beautiful, the rooms are very comfortable, the location is good, but not excellent. The arriving planes pass right over the roof and you literally can not hear a sound from them.

The downside of the hotel is that it is not designed for the traveler arriving by automobile. The hotel is in a facility called the Squiare which is a gorgeous business conference center sitting above the airport facilities. When you drive up to the Squiare signage directs you to the Squaire parking facility. Not knowing any better, this is where I went to park. When you get to the small tram shuttle that goes from the parking area to the Squaire, signage directs you that no luggage is allowed on the tram. So I left my four bags and laptop in my rental car and took the tram to the Squaire and found the Hilton which is on the opposite side of the facility. When I got to the Hilton and checked in I asked the Front Desk Clerk about the parking issue. She instructed me that I had parked in the wrong facility and I needed to move my car to the Hilton parking area. I went back, paid my two Euros for the half-hour of parking and then found my way to the main Hilton entrance. Where I waited, and waited. There was no doorman nor bellman to help with the bags nor give further instructions. Finally I asked one of the Hilton culinary staff members who was smoking a cigarette in front of the main entrance to the hotel, about the parking issue. He instructed to drive a bit further and I would find the correct area. I did so. Once I parked I had to handle the bags myself until I made it inside of the main hotel. I then asked another Front Desk Clerk whether there was a bellman. He found the gentleman who was quite gracious and very helpful. I then paid another 6 Euros I believe to park in the Hilton parking area prior to moving the car to the rental return. When leaving this morning to get to Terminal Two for an international flight, getting all of the bags through the Hilton and then through the Squaire and then to the bus for the ride to Terminal Two, was a bit of a nightmare.

Let's face it. The hotel is a grand facility but managment has made a decision not to staff the arrival areas nor put up proper signage for their own parking facility nor proper signage at their main enterance. By that I mean, either put up a sign at the main enterance that says this is a limited services hotel, or put a house phone out front with a sign that says "For Help With Your Bags Dial 9". The hotel is staffed and designed to accomodate the business community using the conference center. At this they do an excellent job. If you have to move more than one bag at arrival or to your airline's check-in area, look elsewhere. It would be much less frustrating to stay a bit away from the airport and take a taxi and by the way this would probably be much quicker if your going to Terminal Two.

I was willing to pay the higher price for the Hotel thinking that I would get a full service experience. Most of the time when traveling I only carry one bag and I don't need assistance. This time was different which is why I chose this hotel in particular. If these issues are addressed, it's a five star property. If not, well . . . .

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Dear layefwb,
Thank you for posting your great review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I am glad to note that you were very happy in general with your stay, however sorry to hear that you did not note the signs to the hotel car parking and that you ended up at The Squaire Parking, next to the building instead.
Besides for air travellers, the hotel is exceptionally well located for guests arriving, or departing, by car.
Germany's busiest high way crossing (A3/A5) is less than a few hundred meters (1,000 feet) away and the hotel enjoys immediate access from the highway. Like at most of the large airports around the world it is important to keep an eye on the signs.
The Hilton Frankfurt Airport has the advantage of having the hotel parking immediately located under the lobby, reception and check in area (accessible conveniently by elevator). From the car to the reception desk is less than 60 seconds. You will not need your raincoat at all!
lawyefwb, I am sorry to hear that you choose a parking which was not part of the hotel and so had to walk a long way. We recommend our guests to follow the signs "The Squaire" / "Hilton" / "Hilton Parking" to end up in the hotel parking without delays. I do understand it must have been frustrating after you took the incorrect turn from the highway.
Besides road side signage, we also posted clear directional information in more detail on our website (select our hotel and than select "maps & directions" and you will find helpful descriptions).
Thank you lawyefwb, for empasizing our hotel is a "grand facility" and also for praising our conference facilities so much.
The hotel has a direct "Skybridge-" pedestrian connection to the main terminal of Frankfurt Airport: Terminal 1. Since your flight was departing from the smaller other terminal (T2) you indeed needed to take a shuttle or taxi, which is only slightly less convenient since this ride takes some 5 minutes. There are no hotels at T2 which are immediately connected to the Terminal.
lawyefwb, I am sure on your next arrival by car you will reach the hotel parking without any challenges, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Warm regards,

Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel to be in a convenient location to the airport for an early flight the next day. It is located over the train station, next to the airport. It was a very short walk to the airport, terminal C.
The reception area and lobby bar are very boring and not much personality.
The rooms are very modern. Very good desk for working. I did have an issue the morning I was leaving. They had no hot water for a shower. I had to run the water for 15 minutes to get hot water running.
The hotel restaurant had slow service and the food average.
The hotel was expensive.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Bryan H,
Thank you very much for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay.
The hotel is indeed exceptionally well located and provides direct pedestrian access to the main terminal of Frankfurt Airport, you certainly can leave your raincoat at home!
Our hotel is brand new, with the latest technology integrated and quite modern indeed, Thank you for your great comments on the working spaces we provide.
I am truly sorry to hear that you did not get hot water immediately and can assure you that this certianly is an exception.
Bryan H, with reference to the price of our hotel, I would recommend to make any future reservation for our hotel directly on our hotel/corporate website. Since we have the "best rate guarantee" you can be assured that you pay the lowest possible rate for your room at that moment, that is guaranteed!
Bryan H, thank you once again for your visit, we certainly look forward to welcome you back again!