“For sure one of the best aiport hotels in the world” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel

Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
Ranked #11 of 267 Hotels in Frankfurt
Europe
“For sure one of the best aiport hotels in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

This Hilton was voted "Best International Airport Hotel" in 2012. And rightly it received several international awards.
Location is very convenient, just on top of the Frankfurt airport railway station (only 2 escalators up and you are in the hotel). Covered walkway to Frankfurt aiport and to the MRT with easy access to the city.
Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very nice decorated with latest technology. Only 2 little drawbacks in the room: no power outlet beside the bed and you cannot connect your computer or ipad with the flatscreen TV.
If you are noise sensitive you will love this hotel: although close to the aiport and with the highway outisde you hear absolutely nothing! Incredible, but there is no noise coming from outside. Really perfect windows (which of course cannot be opened).
Executive lounge is never crowdy and food is very good. I can really recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is located in the SQUARE, a futuristic building neextt to the aiport. In the SQUARE you fi...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen D
FRAAPGM, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Dear Stephen D,
What could I reply to your outstanding review of Hilton Frankfurt Airport apart from a big "Thank You so much" for your kind words!
I agree that one of the many advantages of our hotel is the quietness of our rooms, thanks to the latest in sound-proofing which allows our guests to see the planes passing by rather close, but not hear them – often described to us as a surreal experience.
Thank you for also mentioning the great benefits of our Executive Lounge. Being located on the 10th floor this area provides all important factors for our guests who desire a bit more privacy and comfort.
Stephen D, it’s wonderful to see that the Hilton Frankfurt Airport appeals so much to a frequent traveler like you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to Hilton Frankfurt Airport!
Best regards,
Ch. Muller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
eastcoast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip for 5 days. The rooms are very clean, and small but decent in size. Everything was new. You can take the train to the main digs in the city, so you're very well connected to all the city activities. You're at the airport, so you don't need to worry about missing your flight back :) and the airport is a place to explore in itself. The hotel is in a shopping plaza but mostly restaurants. All I can say is even though this hotel isn't in the city itself, it is very well connected. Trains are safe. I would stay here again. Oh, and it's in the middle of the highway, so you have no nice view, but zooming cars. Nicely sound-proofed, though, so don't worry about noise.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank travlr24Eastcoast
Dear travlr24Eastcoast
Many thanks for your great review on Tripadvisor. Having opened the hotel in December 2011, our facilities are indeed new and the entire hotel is fully sound-proofed. I agree that the connection to the city center is very convenient whereas the airport with its many shops and facilities is worth to be explored as well. In terms of the guestroom views we also offer rooms with view to the city forest. Just ask our reception team when staying with us next time, we are always happy to provide our guests with their preferred rooms, if availability allows.
travlr24Eastcoast, once again thanks a lot for your comments, I hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Frankfurt Airport soon.
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

I am a return guest to this hotel (3 other stays). As a Hilton Gold member, I've been treated pretty well. I was in the process of moving back to the USA, so I was very tired and just wanted to relax. The agent who checked me in was very friendly and efficient. The room was clean, and club lounge was great.

However, I have one complaint for this stay... Immediately after checking into the hotel, I noticed that my bathroom did not have a walk-in shower. I greatly prefer walk-in showers, and my last three rooms at this hotel all featured walk-in showers. I called the front desk and requested to switch to a room with a walk-in shower, but the agent on the telephone immediately informed me that "none of the rooms at this hotel have a walk-in shower." Keep in mind that the agent who checked me in told me that the hotel was only running at 30% occupancy (this was around Christmas). I was exhausted and didn't want to argue, so I just left it alone. Therefore, the immediate refusal of a room with a walk-in shower left a bit of a sour taste from this stay.

Overall, this is typically a great facility. Very nice and very expensive, but well worth it. I will return to this hotel, but will always ensure my room has a walk-in shower before going up to the room.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Klaus M,
Thank you for staying at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport repeatedly and for posting your experience on TripAdvisor.
It is great to see that overall you are very happy with our hotel and the services provided.
I am sorry that last time you left our hotel with a less satisfied feeling. Please rest assured that the experience you had is highly exceptional indeed for our team members, as they do their best every day to fulfill, and even exceed our guests’ expectations. I highly recommend to communicate your room request prior to your next arrival, as we always try to meet these requests upon availability.
Many thanks once again for recommending Hilton Frankfurt Airport. We look forward to have you staying with us again, when travel takes you back to Frankfurt!
High Wycombe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

Just an amazing experience cannot fault it apart from the lifts which you need to put your room card in to use. the food was really good and the service in the restaurant was perfect. just a 5 min walk to the terminal and could have been better sign posted from the area of the airport we were dropped off.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dissapointed08
Dear dissapointed08,
Thank you very much for your excellent comments on Tripadvisor, especially those about the service team in our restaurant RISE.
Being located at an international airport, the security of our guests is of utmost importance to us. For this reason the elevators can only be operated with a room key card.
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Hilton Frankfurt Airport in the future.
Best regards,
Guernsey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

I have to say that I was very pleased with our short stay in Hilton Frankfurt.
People in the reception were welcoming, even they let my boyfriend do an early check-in and that was very convenient cause he landed earlier in Frankfurt.
The room was very cozy and with enough space for a overnight stay, the hotel location is very convenient specially if you have to catch another flight next day. (The Hotel has an easy access from the same airport without worrying about going out in the cold winter)

The breakfast buffet was nice, fresh orange juice, fruits, and different variety of food, the service was also very good.

Just have to say that they could improve details like leaving amenities for 2 people and not 1 specially cause our room was booked for 2 and the first thing you want to do when you arrive to the hotel is take a shower after 12 hours flight.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gabriela M
Marc_Snijders, Manager at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Dear Gabriela M,

Thank you so much for posting this great review on Tripadvisor.

Also your comments regarding the bathroom amenities are very much appreciated. We are more than happy to provide guests with additional amenities, they are always available via our 24 hour housekeeping service.

It’s a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. Especially after a long journey and short layover like yours it is important to feel comfortable and to be able to relax and rejuvenate. I am happy that your stay provided this atmosphere.

I hope to have you back with us soon!

Kindest regards from Frankfurt,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

I recommend this hotel for the business traveler, who is planning to stay for one or two nights in the vicinity of the airport.
Staff are friendly and professional hotel. Quality is good and far above the usual airport hotels. I believe the hotel is only one year old and it shows.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank frequentflyer197
Dear frequentflyer197,

You guessed it right, the Hilton Frankfurt Airport is indeed only 14 months young!

Thanks so much for recommending the hotel to other travelers.
Reading your feedback is very rewarding and shows us that we are on the right track.
I will certainly share your comments with the team.

Kind regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013

This hotel is nice for a 24 hour layover, and is clean and convenient. What makes it convenient is that it is connected to Frankfurt's commuter and metro train system. When you are tired - it is nice to not have to go too far.

The breakfast was delicious. It is worth booking a room that includes the breakfast in the room rate. The gym is nice as well.

Cons: Internet is expensive, which is strange because it is free next door at the Hilton Garden Inn (where I stayed a month later). Not very nice views, but frankly their will not be nice views at any hotel located at an airport. I wish the hotel had better sign posts in the airport itself, which would make it easier to find. FYI - It is about a 10-15 minute walk from the airport.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor facing out would be best (this helps minimize noise for jet lagged traveler...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JDC-HKK_Travels
Thank you very much JDC-HKK_Travels, for your comments about your recent stay at Hilton Frankfurt Airport.

The location of the hotel is indeed outstanding, above the high-speed train station and only a short walk from the airport terminal.
Also downtown Frankfurt can be easily reached within 15 minutes and is definitely worth a visit.

Regarding the views, our hotel also offers rooms facing the city forest and skyline of Frankfurt. When booking your next stay, just add the view as a preference to your reservation comments. If availability allows, we are always happy to accommodate this. As the hotel only opened 14 months ago, we have the advantage of being located in a new, fully soundproofed building.

I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet so much. For your next stay, I can also recommend trying dinner at restaurant RISE, the menu includes some great local specialties.

Marc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
#26 of 267 in Frankfurt
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,865 reviews
NH Frankfurt Airport
#1 of 7 in Kelsterbach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,302 reviews
Altstadt
Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Been to Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!