“Great Location”

Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
Ranked #11 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Located just above the train station, this hotel has the perfect location to the airport, especially for those with early flights the next morning. The main Terminal is a 5-10 minute walk and the bus stop for the secondary terminal is about a 5 minute walk.

There are plenty of restaurants near the hotel (in the trian station and outside of the airport's secure area) if you want to venture out.

Staff was inviting and very friendly. Compared to other Hilton's in central Europe, we found the Executive Lounge to be one of the largest.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Dear David B,

Many thanks for providing such excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at Hilton Frankfurt Airport. We truly appreciate your compliments about our team members, as well as your nice comments on the Executive Lounge and the convenient location of our hotel.
I hope you will be staying with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We had an overnight layover in Frankfurt and picked this hotel for its convenience. However, depending on the arrival/departure gate, the hotel can still be quite a hike. It took us about 30 minutes to walk to the hotel. Even with directions provided on the hotel web site, it can be difficult to find and the signage can be confusing.

However, once we got to the hotel, it was a very pleasant experience. Checking in late, we had dinner in the 10th floor Executive Lounge. The two hot items that night included baked chicken and baked tomato stuffed with spinach - all very healthy - but soon to be ruined by the chocolate cookie and the wine.

Breakfast is the standard Hilton breakfast with enough variety to please everyone. The staff is friendly and the service professional. I would stay here again if I were to transit through FRA.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bamboola

Dear bamboola,

Thank you very much for your kind review regarding your stay at Hilton Frankfurt Airport. I am sorry that you experienced difficulties finding your way through the airport. However, it is great to see that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and in the Executive Lounge. Especially the warm and comfortable atmosphere of the lounge provides the ideal setting for a relaxing evening after a long day.

Bamboola, I truly hope we can welcome you back to Hilton Frankfurt Airport soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Hotel was very nice and clean, walking connection to train station for airport and airport itself. Very difficult to drive to from interstate system. Signs are very limited. Must look for signs to "The Squaire". I thought I would check in first and drop my bags, return rental car and walk to aiport the next morning. Would do the same again, but there is nowhere to pull up in your rental car and leave it for 10 mins to check in and drop bags. Very difficult. Room was nice and very up to date. However, no plug ins next to bed or nightstand, only on desk. In bath room, countertop was very low, shower was all glass with typically no shower door ( I have never understood this ) so you get to mop the floor after each shower. Exec lounge is very nice. Ate at hamburger place in the attached shopping area, good stuff!! Also there is a conveince store in shopping area, good place to drop those extra euros before coming home.

Room Tip: Plan ahead to get to hotel by car. Can be difficult. GPS will NOT work if you enter Frankfurt Airpor...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jake143,

Thank you for your kind comments on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry to see that it was difficult for you to find the way to the hotel by car. As you mentioned, the best way to get to us by car is following the signs to Terminal 1 and then THE SQUAIRE, which is the building the hotel is located in. Once you get closer to the THE SQUAIRE, the signs will also show the hotel name. Detailed directions are also available on our website.

Thanks a lot for your feedback on our guestrooms and your compliments on the Executive Lounge. For your next visit I can highly recommend trying out our restaurant Rise or the FIFTH, Lounge & Bar, where we also serve the famous Hilton burger.

Jake143, we certainly hope you allow us to be your host again!

All the best,

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Good location for managing travel between air and rail transits. Rooms well done, modern and clean. Impressive executive lounge, one of the nicest I have seen in Hilton properties. Restaurant was adequate and typical.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Tokyo_Yoship

Many thanks for sharing your experiences at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport with the Tripadvisor community. I am happy to see, that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! With the train station directly underneath the hotel and only a short walk to Terminal 1, it is indeed very easy to manage air - rail transits. And the city center of Frankfurt as well as the fairgrounds are also only 15 minutes away.

Thank you as well for your great comments on our Executive Lounge!
I hope you will be back to Hilton Frankfurt Airport soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I have stayed at both new Hilton Hotels at the Frankfurt Airport. (TheHilton and the Hilton Garden Inn)

Both are excellent and run under the skilled management of Charles Muller.

Hotels are both very modern, clean, comfortable and with very well trained staff.

Te Hilton has one the best executive lounges that I have encountered as Hilton Diamond member.

Perfect hotels when in transit through Frankfurt as they are connected to the main terminal and just a short walk away from the gates.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much jjmontreal_12 for your kind review! Especially your nice comments on our team are highly appreciated!
It is great to see that you were pleased with the facilities and services experienced and I truly hope we will be able to welcome you back soon, to either the Hilton or the Hilton Garden Inn.

Please enjoy your Easter break!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Frankfurt Hilton

Charles Muller, GM Frankfurt Airport Hilton

Not happy Herr Muller

I am a Hilton Diamond, and checked in at 2040hrs August 2.

After forty (40) hours of flying Sydney-Bangkok-Milan-FRA, and no hotel in that time.

A lonnnnnnnnng day and no hotel. We were tired, and we really wanted some comfort. Which is WHY we book Hilton.

A nice room, a glass of wine in the lounge, and a long sleep.

We were really tired and irritable, and moving 2 heavy bags each, plus carry-ons and computer bags from baggage carousel to your Hotel, via THREE (3) escalators, and lots of walking that do not allow trolleys, really had us arrive totally exhausted. Like many of your guests I feel sure.

The Hilton must be a MILE walk from baggage claim. We got lost, got given wrong directions, could not use carts, and were really drained when we finally found Hilton.

I am a Starwood Platinum and if I knew that Sheraton hotel was far closer to Terminal 1, I would have booked that. Airport Sheratons are good – the one in Charles De Gaulle is superb, and we always book it.

They offer driver for a small fee to meet you at baggage area, and drive you to door despite them being IN the airport - as you are.

We get to check in, and a young girl tells me I have been ‘upgraded’. Great. I tell her of our huge travel ‘day’ and she does not seem very interested.

I ask her if lounge is still open so we can go up, have a glass of wine and a light snack, and go to sleep, as we were flying to Malta early today.

She phoned lounge, told them we were Diamond members, and says she was told if we want a wine we must pay for it, or we can go to the bar if we prefer. There was no-one else at check-in – she could have tried harder.

I could not have believed it – the hotel is nearly EMPTY due to holidays, and 2 Diamond members cannot get offered a single glass of wine?!

Crazy. Go to room 10111 annoyed to find a tiny room, and a bottle of water free. Great.

Thanks so much. A perfect “Welcome to Hilton” after 40 hours on planes.

If this was an “upgraded” room, the mind boggles at what a “basic” room is in your new hotel.

The air conditioning was far too hot even on lowest setting, and I see this comment already on TripAdvisor.

The ‘hot’ water from showers at night and morning was hardly working – was near cold for both of us. Unacceptable even for a $40 roadside motel.

No newspaper in morning and no request if we wanted one.

Sorry Herr Muller, for a brand new Hilton this is just not good enough.

I am a Diamond and Hilton MOSTLY looks after me with nice rooms, ESPECIALLY in a near empty hotel, as yours was last night.

Sadly we have already booked Hilton Frankfurt 2 more times in the next weeks or otherwise I’d probably forget it, and book Sheraton instead.

Design of your rooms is silly – bathrooms are FAR too large for the room size, and I could remove 5 square metres easily if I were designer, and add it to the room area.

No small airport room needs bath AND a shower – crazy waste of space. 2 huge deep wardrobes are a ridiculous waste of space for an airport hotel. One only could be by the door, and allow living area to be FAR greater.

Two persons in this tiny room area is very cramped. Just bad design – not your personal design I know, but you need to live with it – ad all future managers!

To have a lovely view of woodland and trees, but no DOOR to access it from room with a cup of coffee, is insane. Costs nothing extra to have a door there, and right now you cannot even open the windows an inch – they are bolted closed.

I have no idea how big the rooms were at the lower level ‘Garden Inn’ in same location, but they could NOT have been smaller!

Diamond members usually mean something SPECIAL to new Hiltons, and at Frankfurt airport I did not have the feeling we really got any different treatment than a non HHonors member really.

Refusing us a wine because we took 20 minutes to find the hotel, after walking for a mile, and the bar had just closed exactly at 2030 hours is insane, when the lounge was near empty.

I suggest one day when you are very tired that as an experiment you take 2 heavy large suitcases, a computer bag and 2 duty free bags.

Go down to International baggage claim by car, and walk back to your own hotel. You will get a surprise how hard that is to do, how long it takes, and how hot you are.

You cannot use carts, and for a new arrival at airport, no lifts or cabs seem possible – just a mile of walking. EXACTLY as many of your guests do every day.

And see how YOU feel, when a young girl says you can’t have a wine or beer after it all. 

I hope some changes can be made - or bad reviews like this above that I have written, will possibly hurt the Hotel due to strong google matches to TripAdvisor – many will book once, and never return, or use the Sheraton etc.

Diamond members should surely not need to spend an hour writing letters like this about new Hiltons, in such an important city?

The overall quality finish is there for sure .. just a little more attention to the details and fine tuning, might be useful to ask staff to do in future?

We had a stay a few days later and WERE given a very nice room that time. The lounge area we did get to by closing time and is very nice and was very deserted. Hence being more annoyed at Day 31 treatment

Then another stay 3 days after that, and got same room as stay one. Inconsistent. Even spoke to duty Manager on that, who did not budge.

Very sad.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ozstamps

Dear ozstamps,

Thank you very much for posting a review about your recent stays at our hotel on Tripadvisor in addition to your e-mail sent to us on 3rd August 2012.

As stated in our e-mail reply to you in August 2012, we are truly sorry that you experienced difficulties finding your way to the hotel, and the elevators, from the airport. Luggage carts are available at the airport upon arrival.

Due to the hotel’s (convenient) location and sound-proofing of the building, as well as due to environmental and safety considerations, the guestroom windows can indeed not be opened. Balconies, or outside terraces, are not available for these reasons.

Ozstamps, please be assured that the satisfaction of our guests is of utmost importance to us, therefore I would like to apologize that you did not feel valued during your stay. I can assure you that comments like these are very rare exceptions at our hotel indeed.

We truly appreciate your comments on the Executive Lounge opening times and the layout of our guestrooms. We apologize for the technical challenges you indicated, these have been addressed immediately after receiving your e-mail in August.

Ozstamps, thank you once again for sharing your comments once more, we are looking forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I chose this hotel due location. First I was to overnight at Hilton Garden Inn, next to this Hilton Airport, but they did not have Double rooms available. I do not know difference between them, nor did a friend who stayed at Garden Inn and visited our room.
Hotel is reachable on foot from Terminal 1, where e.g. Lufthansa and Star Alliance operate. It is convenient that you can walk inside all the way and you are not at mercy of shuttles, which tend to leave front of you.
Both Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn are located at The Squaire, which is on top of long distance train station at Frankfurt airport. By the way, nice way to tour Europe, is by train!
By the arrival, you have to choose whether to enter Garden (left) or Hilton. Check-in process was efficient and uneventful normal hotel check-in.
According new security standards, only hotel guests with room key can operate elevator, which is nice, you don't need to worry about unauthorized people wondering around. Our room was located on the 7th floor and had a view to highway and further towards airport. Weather permitting you can watch planes landing, specially at evening looks cool with landing lights on.
Room was clean with normal amenities, tea, coffee, soap, shampoo etc. Nice touch at the bathroom was a scale. Otherwise very standard, but high quality room. I also underline, extremely quiet room.
We skpped recommended Hilton "Rise" restaurant and "The Fifth" Lounge & Bar and headed to a German style restaurant at Squaire, which has several restaurants and supermarket. Bar is nice for a night cap.
For those, who arrive from east and therefore wake up early, the fitness center is open 24/7, best way to start day. Our day started with cold shower, for some unknown reason hot water was turned off during the night. We did not report it before check-out as no use to fix it after a shower... The receptionist was not well prepared to take such feedback.
To summarize the hotel experience: Very good, quiet new hotel and very nicely located!

Room Tip: Room view towards airport.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mWrite
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear mWrite,
Many thanks for your detailed review on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate your excellent remarks on location, rooms and our fitness center!
The concepts of the brands Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn differentiate mainly in terms of services offered. While the Hilton hotel offers a so called “full service” concept, the Hilton Garden Inn is a “focused service” hotel, where you will not find the same range of services, but which still offers a high quality stay as you are probably used to from our different brands around the world.
Thank you also for addressing the shower issue upon check-out, I am sorry that you felt our team member did not react appropriately to your concern.
Apart from the rooms offering Airport view, and I fully agree on the exciting view of landing planes, the rooms on the other side look into Frankfurt’s large city forest. Travelling by train is indeed a very nice way of exploring Europe and there are around 185 ICE trains a day arriving and connecting to major German and European cities at the train station underneath the hotels.
Although I am sure you had a nice dinner in The Squaire, I can nevertheless recommend trying out our restaurant RISE during your next stay, you will also find great dishes with local touches on the menu.
Once again thanks a lot for your nice review!
Best wishes,