“A really good airport hotel”

Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
Ranked #10 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Perth, Australia
“A really good airport hotel”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

This hotel is fabulous as far as airport hotels go. It is located within an easy walk from Terminal 2 along the skywalk, even if you are dragging luggage with you. The hotel is ultra-modern and being brand new just adds to the overall experience. The rooms are pretty standard Hilton hotel size (smallish), but are very well appointed and comfortable. The restaurant is very good and the breakfast is quite extensive and enjoyable. This hotel is obviously great for overnighting, but since it is located above the train station, it is very easy and convenient to get into the city very quickly and therefore could easily serve as a base for a short holiday. I was amazed at how friendly the hotel staff were and also very thankful that I never had to worry about not being able to speak German. I will definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the outside that has a view of the surrounding green area. However, don't...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear Beamer23,

Thank you very much for the outstanding review of your recent stay at Hilton Frankfurt Airport. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! I gladly passed on your nice comments about the friendliness of our team members. They all give their best every day to exceed our guests’ expectations and it is great to see that we are on the right track.

Beamer23, we look forward to welcoming you back soon, maybe even for a short holiday to explore Frankfurt and the region.

Christiane K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Frankfurt for only one night as we had an early morning flight back to Amerika the next day. The hotel is brand new, and therefor still bright and sparkling. It has the best executive lounge I have ever experienced, so upgrade to that option if you can!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear jaughtman,

“the best executive lounge I have ever experienced “ – wow, thanks a lot for that! Maybe you will have some more time during your next visit, to also enjoy our restaurant RISE or the fitness and wellness facilities.
I hope you had a great flight back to the US and look forward to welcoming you again to Hilton Frankfurt Airport soon.

Best regards,

Moline, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My son and I enjoyed staying at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport. The location is absolutely perfect for overnight layovers. It is a very short easy walk through the skywalk from Terminal 5 of the airport. Easy enough to find if you ask the information desk at the airport where to go (I would say not enough signs at the airport). Reception staff was very friendly and the check-in/check-out process was fast and easy. Nice big rooms with spacious bathrooms, everything was clean, new and modern. The hotel has a futuristic look/feel to it, which was pretty cool. Loved the chocolate surprise tray in our room. Room service was good. I would suggest adding bath robes and slippers to the room. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the price of breakfast buffet. I thought that 33 euros was too much for a regular-type breakfast buffet. I had a $40 breakfast buffet in an amazing hotel downtown Moscow that had everything you could think of, including caviar. The restaurant itself was nice and the service there was good.
Would come back and recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear DashkaC,

Many thanks for recommending the Hilton Frankfurt Airport on Tripadvisor!
It is great to see that you and your son enjoyed the stay at our hotel. Thank you also for your nice comments on cleanliness and design of our hotel as well as the friendliness of our team members! Bathrobes and slippers are available upon request, so just let us know during your next stay.

Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to welcome you and your son back soon.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Stayed here on an overnight layover in Frankfurt, Saturday to Sunday. The rate was pretty good, 119 Euros on a sale they had going on. We had considered staying in downtown Frankfurt but were relieved on our decision in the end. It was extremely convenient to wake up, check-out, and walk straight to your flight. With walking, security, and everything, no more than 25 minutes from the hotel (it was Easter Sunday though).

I would disagree with people who say this hotel is hard to find. I simply asked an airport attendant at the Information Desks to point me in the right direction and then there were signs ahead that said the Hilton was that way. It's about a 10 minute walk from the terminal.

Check-in was fast and easy, man at the front desk was very nice, informed me of my Gold benefits, and also reminded me about Daylight Savings (which I forgot about) and how to get to Frankfurt. Room was amazing! While it was definitely more of a business hotel, it had a VERY upscale feel to it and the design of the room and hotel was extremely modern and beautiful. Bathroom was huge. Beds were more twin-double size but still large enough. Internet was free for Gold members and was very fast and accessible from anywhere. Room had a view of the woods behind the airport but it was fine for me, absolutely quiet.

The executive lounge had a great view of the lobby and was very nicely appointed. The male attendant in the evening was cordial at best but still did a very good job. Alcohol is only free during meal hours but that was fine. Spread for dinner was very nice. Female attendants in the morning were very friendly and accommodating. Unfortunately i slept in all the way to my flight and was unable to have breakfast at the restaurant but will definitely make sure to try it next time.

I will most definitely come back to this hotel if laying over in Frankfurt and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank silverm0623
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear silverm0623,

Thank you very much for posting your outstanding review of your stay at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport on Tripadvisor! Your comments on our hotel and services and especially on our team members are much appreciated! In terms of guestroom views we also offer rooms with view to the airport or the city of Frankfurt. Just ask our reception team when staying with us next time, we are always happy to provide our guests with their preferred rooms, if availability allows.

I can also highly recommend to try our breakfast buffet next time, it is a great start into the day and definitely worth getting up a bit earlier.

silverm0623, thank you once again for recommending our hotel! We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Frankfurt Airport soon,

Best regards,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This is a very comfy hotel to stay in if you’re stuck in Frankfurt airport overnight. Reception staff are very friendly, and the rooms are comfy, modern, clean and nicely decorated as are the bathrooms. The hotel feels very new, the rooms aren’t huge, but for an overnight stay this isn’t an issue
I didn’t use any facilities or eat in the hotel as I was catching a flight the next morning.
It’s expensive, but I booked a room on arrival. It’s easy enough to find too, about a 10 minute indoor walk from arrivals, there are a few cafes and shops near the hotel too.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thanks a lot Flossykins for your friendly comments about your recent stay at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport. Great to see that you were pleased with the decoration and cleanliness of our rooms. And thank you very much for acknowledging the friendliness of our team.
For the best possible rates for any date we would recommend to book your stay directly on the Hilton corporate website. Here you will find our ‘best rate guarantee’ and you can also secure some great advance purchase discounts when booking your stay well before arrival.

I hope your next stay will allow some time to also experience the fitness and wellness area and to enjoy a delicious meal in our restaurant or a relaxing drink in The FIFTH, Lounge & Bar in the hotel lobby.

Flossykins, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Just one night due to an early flight out of FRA. Like others mentioned the hotel is a little tricky to find and it is a bit of a walk depending on where in the airport you need to be. Better signage would do wonders. The place itself is very new, super stylish and modern. Not really my style as I find it too cold but it does look impressive. Check in very professional and friendly. The room was small, but well appointed with all the latest gadgets. Sound insulation was fantastic and I didn't find the ventilation too loud at all. Only complaint are the prices for food and Wifi. Clearly this is not a budget hotel and I was happy to pay for the convenience, but 30 Euros for something like a Wiener Schnitzel is just wrong. Ordered a glass of red wine at the bar and was pretty impressed with the 15 Euro price tag. Wifi was also very expensive. Suggest you get a German sim card for connectivity, bring your own food or take a stroll to some airport restaurants then this is a good place to stay.

2 Thank Africa_Travels
Dear Africa_Travels,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We truly appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at the Hilton and are happy to see that overall you are satisfied with our facilities and staff members. The sound-proofing is indeed exceptional, and certainly of great importance at this unique location.

We hope you will stay with us again in the near future Africa_Travels!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I had a late-ish arrival and early departure from Frankfurt airport so booked this hotel, largely because it's the only hotel you can see (or at least that I saw) in the immediate vicinity of the airport on google maps. There is also a Sheraton and Hilton Garden Inn.

It is indeed a short walk from the terminal - it's closest to the A gates part of the airport. As noted elsewhere, aim for the Squaire and it's about a 5 minute walk, maybe longer if you have a lot of baggage to cart around with you.

The hotel is pretty much what you would expect of a Hilton, high quality rooms which are spacious and friendly, efficient staff. I really have no major criticism except (and this is typical of many of my reviews) the cost of the internet. Again, the charge clearly targets businessmen and those on expenses, but it costs too much to access the internet in this hotel.

For early flights, the airport is typically efficient so you can cut things somewhat finer than you might at other airports. It took me about 10 minutes to get from the hotel to my gate in the A section.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Thank you so much, sandersandrew, for your nice comments on Tripadvisor, especially those on the friendliness and efficiency of our team members! Great to see that you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

It means a lot to us that you recommend the Hilton Frankfurt Airport to other travelers, many thanks for this!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Happy Easter and all the best,
Christiane K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
#28 of 269 in Frankfurt
NH Frankfurt Airport
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
Sachsenhausen-Nord
Villa Kennedy
Villa Kennedy
#1 of 269 in Frankfurt

Been to Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!