“Nice for Airport Departure, Average Service”

Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
Ranked #10 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Aliso Viejo, California
“Nice for Airport Departure, Average Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I was very excited to stay at the Hilton at the end of my two week trip of traveling throughout Italy. The hotel was finished in 2011, so it is new, modern, and clean. However, if you are debating between the Hilton Garden Inn and the Hilton, save your money and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn because it is LITERALLY NEXT DOOR....I am talking 40 feet away from the check in desk. The Hilton Garden Inn uses the same gym as the Hilton (nice facility). As a Hilton Honor Member, I would have rather saved my 4,000 points and 20 euros.

The room was very nice. The lighting was modern, the design was sharp, and the bathroom was wonderful. The shower was large and there was also a bathtub. We ordered room service which was worth it after a long day of travel. I missed my Hilton robes. The bed was very comfortable and the room was air conditioned.

Heads up: The internet is 19 euros (if you are not diamond or gold) and the breakfast is 25 euros (worth it in my book, the best croissants I've ever eaten).

The design of the entire building is made of glass and has exposure to the sun. The lobby and shopping area in "The Squaire" is very warm!! Be prepared to work up a sweat when you walk to Terminal 1 with your luggage.

The reception was decent, I've had friendlier experiences and when I asked about visiting The Rhine Valley to go to St.Goar I received a strange look. There is a DE- Travel Information and Train Information down the escalators and to the right (they were not friendly either, but they were able to print my information and directions).

I've had friendlier visits in smaller German towns. Overall the Hilton was true to form: clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 151Elizabeth
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear 151Elizabeth,
We appreciate your comments with regards to your recent stay at our hotel.
Thank you for your kind words on the design of the hotel, our guestrooms and the breakfast offering! However, I do regret that we did not fully meet your expectations. The Rhine Valley can be easily reached by train, and although the train information points and ticket centers are very close to the hotel, our team should have been more helpful to assist you in organizing your trip.
151Elizabeth, I truly hope you will give us the chance to make your next stay a more pleasant one. By the way, bathrobes are always available upon request, just let us know next time, we are more than happy to provide them.
Best regards,
Christiane K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

My husband was in Frankfurt for business and I went along to enjoy Frankfurt and surrounding areas. This is a very modern hotel and the staff is extremely friendly and efficient. The breakfast is a typical European breakfast, very complete and good. The rooms are SO QUIET! Planes are flying very close since you're right at the airport, but we couldn't hear a thing! If you pull the darkening curtains you could sleep all day by mistake!! The location is wonderful because you can access local and long distance trains right there at the airport. I took trains to Frankfurt (about 15 minutes), Mainz (about half an hour) and Heidelberg (about an hour). It was incredibly convenient. My only negative comment would be that it costs 19 Euros a day to get the internet. For a hotel that serves so many business travelers I find this surprising.I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: They have interior and exterior rooms. We like one with an outside window so we can see the weather...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear colohightravelers,
How wonderful that you had such a great time in and around Frankfurt. Thank you for pointing out the convenience of getting around by public transport. The Hilton Frankfurt Airport is indeed an ideal starting point for exploring the region and although our beds are very comfortable and the quietness of our rooms is remarkable, it would be a pity to sleep all day and not see any of the sights Frankfurt has to offer.
Many thanks for your kind words on our team, I will gladly pass those on to my colleagues.
Colohightravelers, I truly hope you will visit us again in the not too distant future.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

It's a best hilton hotel i've seen in europe and it was really good be it room or the service or the buffet breakfast.
I would refere this hotel to who ever wants to halt in airport on transit and even it's not that costly compared to other airport hotels world wide.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Dear Praneethmr, Thank you very much for the great rating and for recommending the Hilton Frankfurt Airport to other travelers on Tripadvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Best regards
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

There are two “Hilton” branded hotels in the Frankfurt Airport complex – the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and the Hilton Garden Inn. They are both right next to each other, they share parts of the same building, and even the gym. This review is about the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel – which is positioned as the more upscale offering.

I have stayed previously at the Hilton Garden Inn. But for the middle-manager who is just surely one imminent step away from senior management greatness, the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel represents the “aspirational” choice.

I found the rooms at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel to be significantly more expensive than the Hilton Garden Inn although equivalent in most other ways. But to be fair, I think my room did have an extra chair and the bathroom is a little bigger. But not even a pen.

The food is more expensive too, and unlike the Garden Inn where you get free Internet, here you have to pay a lot extra for it (surely a sign that you are truly a high flier in the corporate world!).

So what do you get for all this at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport. For a start, the reception lobby is much larger and gives you a much grander feeling as you enter the hotel … and well, that’s it. Everything else pretty much the same as the Hilton Garden Inn, except the service, which is actually worse!

I appreciate that there are “Executive floors” where you get some more perks, but really?

One thing that is good at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport: when staying there you can look down at all those people checking into the Hilton Garden Inn and think how much better and more successful you are than them.

But I’ll share with you a little trade secret that the concierge whispered to me – you see those people at the Hilton Garden Inn, they are the ones that are looking up at you and laughing silently at your stupidity, sucker!

All in all, a generally disappointing experience with poor value for money, average service, and none of the aspirational oomph I would except given it’s positioning. This is true mediocrity, served with inflated prices and marketing rhetoric, at its absolute very best.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Middle M,
Thank you very much for posting your views about your stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I very much regret that you were not satisfied with your stay and the hotel.
With a Hilton and a Hilton Garden Inn hotel next to each other, it is our intention to give guests the opportunity to choose between two different brand concepts from the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. The full service concept of the Hilton hotel differs in many aspects from the focused service Hilton Garden Inn, such as bell service, mini bars or 24-hours room service, just to name a few. These differences allow everyone to find the brand that best fits their individual needs.
Dear Middle M, once again thank you very much for this extensive review, we truly appreciate the time you have taken to share this with us.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Why can I say about this Hilton Property other than WOW! Every time I come back to Frankfurt I stay here and it continues to please me. Perfect location for anything. First off the property is beyond clean and is decorated and up to date. The front staff is very very nice and helpful.
It's pays off to be at least a Gold Hilton Member when staying here. No matter where you request a room you will get a good nights sleep.
One would not believe the approach for the airport is above you and a major roadway and train station is underneath you. The windows in the entire property is sound proof.
The lobby elevator reminds me of Something out of Willy Wonka being an all glass, 6 panes of glass.
The only complain I have is I'm 6'3" and I was given a room with 2 twin beds, did not really sleep that well and I'm a Diamond Member and was later informed the End/Upper level suites were available and I was never offered them.
In all I highly recommend this property anytime you visit Frankfurt. Stay here and take the short 15 min train ride into Frankfurt Am Main Train station and take the city in. Trust me I have stayed in numerous downtown properties and the value for money with upgraded features its worth it!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank 1manWOLFpack_12
Dear 1manWOLFpack_12,
Thank you so much for this fantastic review! And of course thank you also for staying with us several times already, we very much appreciate your loyalty! Due to the latest in sound-proofing you are indeed not able to hear anything from outside. This is why the hotel is often described as a tranquil island within the always busy surroundings of the airport.
I will gladly share your compliments about the friendliness and helpfulness of our team with my colleagues.
With regards to the bed, you might want to ask our reception team for your preferred room next time, we are always happy to accommodate your wish, if availability allows.
1manWOLFpack_12, once again many thanks for your comments. We are very much looking forward to welcome you back again!
brussels
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I generally do not stay in chains like Hilton or Sheraton except when it is very convenient like in airports . This is the case for this Hilton located in the airport . The design is superb , the rooms very elegant, the executive lounge quite practical and the service very good . Although in the airport and along a main road you do not hear the slightest noise in the rooms .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you, Brutravel, for being our guest at Hilton Frankfurt Airport and for giving us the opportunity to show you that our hotel has much more to offer than only the ideal location for travelers.
It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Especially your compliments on our service team are much appreciated.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back!
Best regards,
Naas, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

Futuristic. Quiet. Location is A stroll from terminal 1. Spacious rooms. Great staff. Lovely gym. excellent.

As airport hotels go, they don't come better than this. Only comment is that the Hilton Garden Inn is next door and probably cheaper for much the same service.

Will definitely return.

Great idea for all hotels - plug sockets for several territories so no need for power adaptors. Why can't other hotels think of something so simple!

What more can I say though...... Really lovely!

Stayed July 2013
Dear LiamTraveller,
What more can I say than Thank You so much for this outstanding review. It is a pleasure to read that you were so happy with your stay at Hilton Frankfurt Airport.
The power sockets for US and UK plugs are indeed a very practical solution, especially for our international guests travelling all around the world.
I hope your travels will take you back to Frankfurt soon.
Christiane K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
#26 of 268 in Frankfurt
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,951 reviews
NH Frankfurt Airport
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,326 reviews
Altstadt
Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Been to Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!