“Took good care of me! Even when I was not staying there!”

Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
Ranked #12 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I was travelling through Frankfurt on my way to London. I was due to return in a week to spend the night prior to an outbound flight and had extra luggage that I decided to leave at the hotel to pick up on my return. This is not an exceptional indulgence as hotels will frequently oblige such a request for a future guest. However, on this occassion they outdid themselves.

I showed up in the morning after flying all night. I had not had a shower, or slept worth a dime on my inbound flight. I was wearing jeans and an ac/dc t-shirt. I'm sure I looked like a bum. After taking my bag and confirming my reservation for the coming week I asked the bellman if he would inquire of management for permission to allow me to relax in the executive lounge while I waited several hours for my flight to London. I wished to goof off on the computer and was hoping to suck up some free wifi and maybe get a light breakfast before my flight. I don't have high enough airline status to use their lounges so this was pretty much my only option without having to foot the bill.

So, I figured it would not hurt to ask, as the worst that could happen would be for them to say no and I'd go find someplace in the terminal to lounge around in. The desk supervisor reasoned that being that it is an airport if they were to open their lounge up to everyone passing through they would not have enough room in it for the paying guests. I countered that although I was not currently a paying guest I would be in a week, and it was only for a couple hours. I also argued that most of the people in the airport waiting for connections are not Hilton Diamond members. I know you see where this is heading with a 5 star review but still I wanted to set the stage. I really want to emphasize that at no time did I detect even the slightest hint of animosity on the part of the staff. The desk supervisor happily walked about to the GM and presented my case. Two minutes later I was on my way upstairs to the executive lounge where I was warmly greeted. I had a nice cup of coffee and some pastries and relaxed for a couple of hours before my flight.

Thanks so much Hilton Frankfurt Airport! You were my oasis when I really needed one.

M. Smith

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2013

Dear We_love_to_Journey,
What more can I say than Thank You so much for this outstanding review and rating.
It is a real pleasure to read that our hotel was your “oasis, when you really needed one”.
I trust, your following overnight stay with us was a pleasure as well.
Looking forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel

Reviewed 17 July 2013

I chose this hotel because of the location. I had a long working day and then after had to sleep for a night & catch tomm's flight. The service and staff is good. Rooms are quiet impressive.!! For Veggie people breakfast may be a problem as you dont have much of options expect milk, cornflakes & fruits.

Room Tip: I had a problem of sound sleep as the flights take-off & land from so near by
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Maharshi89,
Thank you very much for your kind words on our team members and service!
In addition to our full breakfast buffet, we offer various a la carte breakfast items, such as pancakes, waffles and porridge. Just let our team know during your next stay with us, our Chef is more than happy to prepare those for you.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon!
Best regards,

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Its a great hotel in a great Location near the FRA International Airport....Was able to check in early due to my HHonors Diamond Status and got a free Upgrade to the Executive Floor. This hotel as one of the best Executive Lounges that i have ever been at. However this time was not the best stay i have ever had there. I called the night before and asked for a wake-up call that i have never gotten and ended missing my flight the next morning. No one at the Hotel seemed to care about it and the girl at the Front Desk did not seem to care about it either and just said " well that is not up to our standards" No sorry or anything.
Staff seems to not care about their Customers... Surely will not stay at this Hilton again. Had better and friendlier service over at the Sheraton and the Steigenberger Hotel

Room Tip: High Floors are quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear Chris C,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.
Please be assured that the satisfaction of our guests is extremely important to us! Although I have been unable to trace any further details on this, I have reinforced procedures to avoid missing a call on a future occasion.
Chris C, I truly hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I was very excited to stay at the Hilton at the end of my two week trip of traveling throughout Italy. The hotel was finished in 2011, so it is new, modern, and clean. However, if you are debating between the Hilton Garden Inn and the Hilton, save your money and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn because it is LITERALLY NEXT DOOR....I am talking 40 feet away from the check in desk. The Hilton Garden Inn uses the same gym as the Hilton (nice facility). As a Hilton Honor Member, I would have rather saved my 4,000 points and 20 euros.

The room was very nice. The lighting was modern, the design was sharp, and the bathroom was wonderful. The shower was large and there was also a bathtub. We ordered room service which was worth it after a long day of travel. I missed my Hilton robes. The bed was very comfortable and the room was air conditioned.

Heads up: The internet is 19 euros (if you are not diamond or gold) and the breakfast is 25 euros (worth it in my book, the best croissants I've ever eaten).

The design of the entire building is made of glass and has exposure to the sun. The lobby and shopping area in "The Squaire" is very warm!! Be prepared to work up a sweat when you walk to Terminal 1 with your luggage.

The reception was decent, I've had friendlier experiences and when I asked about visiting The Rhine Valley to go to St.Goar I received a strange look. There is a DE- Travel Information and Train Information down the escalators and to the right (they were not friendly either, but they were able to print my information and directions).

I've had friendlier visits in smaller German towns. Overall the Hilton was true to form: clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 151Elizabeth

Dear 151Elizabeth,
We appreciate your comments with regards to your recent stay at our hotel.
Thank you for your kind words on the design of the hotel, our guestrooms and the breakfast offering! However, I do regret that we did not fully meet your expectations. The Rhine Valley can be easily reached by train, and although the train information points and ticket centers are very close to the hotel, our team should have been more helpful to assist you in organizing your trip.
151Elizabeth, I truly hope you will give us the chance to make your next stay a more pleasant one. By the way, bathrobes are always available upon request, just let us know next time, we are more than happy to provide them.
Best regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2013

My husband was in Frankfurt for business and I went along to enjoy Frankfurt and surrounding areas. This is a very modern hotel and the staff is extremely friendly and efficient. The breakfast is a typical European breakfast, very complete and good. The rooms are SO QUIET! Planes are flying very close since you're right at the airport, but we couldn't hear a thing! If you pull the darkening curtains you could sleep all day by mistake!! The location is wonderful because you can access local and long distance trains right there at the airport. I took trains to Frankfurt (about 15 minutes), Mainz (about half an hour) and Heidelberg (about an hour). It was incredibly convenient. My only negative comment would be that it costs 19 Euros a day to get the internet. For a hotel that serves so many business travelers I find this surprising.I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: They have interior and exterior rooms. We like one with an outside window so we can see the weather...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear colohightravelers,
How wonderful that you had such a great time in and around Frankfurt. Thank you for pointing out the convenience of getting around by public transport. The Hilton Frankfurt Airport is indeed an ideal starting point for exploring the region and although our beds are very comfortable and the quietness of our rooms is remarkable, it would be a pity to sleep all day and not see any of the sights Frankfurt has to offer.
Many thanks for your kind words on our team, I will gladly pass those on to my colleagues.
Colohightravelers, I truly hope you will visit us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

It's a best hilton hotel i've seen in europe and it was really good be it room or the service or the buffet breakfast.
I would refere this hotel to who ever wants to halt in airport on transit and even it's not that costly compared to other airport hotels world wide.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Praneethmr, Thank you very much for the great rating and for recommending the Hilton Frankfurt Airport to other travelers on Tripadvisor.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Best regards

Reviewed 11 July 2013

There are two “Hilton” branded hotels in the Frankfurt Airport complex – the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel and the Hilton Garden Inn. They are both right next to each other, they share parts of the same building, and even the gym. This review is about the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel – which is positioned as the more upscale offering.

I have stayed previously at the Hilton Garden Inn. But for the middle-manager who is just surely one imminent step away from senior management greatness, the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel represents the “aspirational” choice.

I found the rooms at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel to be significantly more expensive than the Hilton Garden Inn although equivalent in most other ways. But to be fair, I think my room did have an extra chair and the bathroom is a little bigger. But not even a pen.

The food is more expensive too, and unlike the Garden Inn where you get free Internet, here you have to pay a lot extra for it (surely a sign that you are truly a high flier in the corporate world!).

So what do you get for all this at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport. For a start, the reception lobby is much larger and gives you a much grander feeling as you enter the hotel … and well, that’s it. Everything else pretty much the same as the Hilton Garden Inn, except the service, which is actually worse!

I appreciate that there are “Executive floors” where you get some more perks, but really?

One thing that is good at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport: when staying there you can look down at all those people checking into the Hilton Garden Inn and think how much better and more successful you are than them.

But I’ll share with you a little trade secret that the concierge whispered to me – you see those people at the Hilton Garden Inn, they are the ones that are looking up at you and laughing silently at your stupidity, sucker!

All in all, a generally disappointing experience with poor value for money, average service, and none of the aspirational oomph I would except given it’s positioning. This is true mediocrity, served with inflated prices and marketing rhetoric, at its absolute very best.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear Middle M,
Thank you very much for posting your views about your stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor.
I very much regret that you were not satisfied with your stay and the hotel.
With a Hilton and a Hilton Garden Inn hotel next to each other, it is our intention to give guests the opportunity to choose between two different brand concepts from the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. The full service concept of the Hilton hotel differs in many aspects from the focused service Hilton Garden Inn, such as bell service, mini bars or 24-hours room service, just to name a few. These differences allow everyone to find the brand that best fits their individual needs.
Dear Middle M, once again thank you very much for this extensive review, we truly appreciate the time you have taken to share this with us.
Christiane K

Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
#29 of 270 in Frankfurt
NH Frankfurt Airport
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
Sachsenhausen-Nord
Villa Kennedy
Villa Kennedy
#1 of 270 in Frankfurt

Been to Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!