“Great place to stay when departing from Frankfurt”

Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
Ranked #11 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
NY
“Great place to stay when departing from Frankfurt”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stayed one night last month, and the place was so comfortable that I didn't even venture out of the hotel. I used HHonors Points, and had a great room on the 7th floor with Club Access. Breakfast was free the next morning, and it was more than sufficient. The food in the Lounge was solid too. Very comfortable room overall, and I woke up feeling rested and ready to easily fly Lufthansa back to the USA. While the amount of points required was on the high side, it was worth it in this case. Would easily stay here again the next time I fly out of FRA.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear boddicker52,

Reading your feedback here on TripAdvisor is a pleasure, thank you very much for this and for the great rating! I am happy to see that you enjoyed staying with us so much.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Hilton Frankfurt Airport soon!

Christiane K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for just one night. Our son had an accident when we had our transfer here, so we missed our flight. We went to two hospitals and checked in after mid night. The hotel was very expensive for what you get. The toilet paper is the cheapest one layer stuff you can get. The internet costs 8 euros per our (fee in the hilton garden in next door which is one star less) and the breakfast costs 33 euros per person,... I was also disappointed that we could not stay longer that 2 pm even though our flight was at 10 pm and our son had an injury on his head.

On the positive side,... the staff is very friendly and helpful. The lobby is great and the location is also very good.

2 Thank Dutchguy_in_Allgau
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Dear Dutchguy_in_China,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor!
Your feedback is much appreciated and I am sorry to read that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay.
At the same time I would like to thank you for your compliments on location, lobby design as well as the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff.
Dutchguy_in_China, we hope you had a good onward journey and would be happy to welcome you and your family back soon!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I was skeptical. I had several colleagues recommend this hotel when I mentioned I was going on an extended work trip but would be in a hotel vice an executive style rental (hard to find on short notice here) BUT it is a Hilton so you expect good things.
I was welcomed on arrival by the Director for both Hiltons on location and the staff manager which was a very nice touch. My room had delicious morsels from the Chef waiting with bottled water..also a pleasant surprise. Everyone has been extremely helpful and courteous for everything from finding appropriate restaurants in Frankfurt, shopping, spur of the moment local site seeing to IT and shipping needs. The daily conveniences go on and on, there is a ton of shops and cafes that are open earlier and later than the standard European hours which is SO helpful when working longer hours! There is also a grocery, dry cleaner and post office on site. Plus the hotel offers same day service on dry cleaning :)
Rooms are spacious, ESP by European standards, full closet and great bathroom! The tub is not microscopic.. The building is soundproof so no noise from the road, trains or planes. The food is fantastic and they have a healthier fare than most, you have traditional options too tho. The gym is perfect, it actually has a full range or free weights, c2 rowers, several cardio stations. If you want a massage or a spa treatment, they have that here too.
The location connects to Terminal 1 and is above the train station AND they have a private, very clean and actually nice parking garage so transportation needs are incredibly easy! I never dreamt I would ever describe this trip as convenient or comfortable but this Hilton really goes above and beyond to ensure things run smoothly. So very pleased with my stay! I have already highly recommended this hotel to several colleagues.

Room Tip: Rooms facing out have a view of Frankfurt skyline, rooms facing in see the hotel atrium. Its even p...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank A S
Thank you so much, A S, for this detailed review!
We very much appreciate your kind words on our hotels and our team members. Especially when staying several days or even weeks at a hotel it is most important to feel welcome and cared for and it is great to see that you experienced our hotel that way.

What else can I say than Thank You once more for your outstanding feedback!
A S, we do hope we can be your “home away from home” again in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Franfurt Hilton Airport on my stop over and I must say in general a very good hotel with all you need.
The welcome at reception was very friendly and the reservation was found immediately. It took only a few minutes until the check in was done. Unfortunately they write down the wrong room number so I had to get back down to Reception to get the correct key.
The room has all you need, is very clean and modern. The glasing of the windows is perfect, no noise from the passing highway or incoming planes.
Well fine. I will for sure use the Hilton if I have another stop over in Frankfurt and can only recommend it to all others.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear DvK1973

Thank you very much for recommending the Hilton Frankfurt Airport to other travelers on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry for the issue with your key, however it is great to see that you enjoyed your time at our hotel in general.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back during your next stop over.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Usually I saty with other luxury chains but I decided to try this airport Hilton as I appreciated their website and in particular the hotel design of the public areas and the guest rooms. However after arriving and staying at this Hilton for a one night stay (August 8-9/2013) I must say it was a very dissatisfying experience. The design theme (sort of contemp art deco) turned out to look nice but was not at all comfortable.

Outfront I like to stress that the general staff efficiency was good but the level of friendliness left plenty of room for improvement. I do travel a lot and most of the time in the far east and if I compare the attitude of those two "worlds" I must say that Germany as a whole is far behind and the Hilton at the FFM airport suits such unfortunate trend. To be frank this is most upsetting considering the level of education most 4/5 star hotel staff receive in Germany compared to that of staff in Asia. The 'end of the day" we (the guests) need to pay much higher room rates due to the fact that employee costs/salaries are MUCH HIGHER in Germnay than i.e. in most Asian countire thus it would be expected that "friendly staff spirits" simply become a standard in any 4 or 5 star German hotel...sadly this is not the case and the FFM airport Hilton is no exception!

The check-in was swift (I was the only guests at the entire reception and at Hilton Honors counter) and to my surprise there was only one reception staff and no bell staff. The check-in was actually too swift; i was told that my room is "ready" but not asked if i need help with my luggage nor was I at all explained any hotel services and facilties and in particular the executive guest benefits. I ended up taking my own luggage (3 large piece) to my room but my family who dropped me at the hotel assisted me.

On a seperate note: The arrival via car at the hotel entrance is also absolutly poor if not terrible. There is a Hilton Hotel entrance sign but no staff attend to arriving guests; not welcome, no bell service...absolutley nothning. I have never ever experienced such poorly organized arrival standards. Luckily my family was with me so they could assit me with the luggage. From the Hilton car arrival portal we need to find the way through some passages, elevator etc.. until we reached the hotel lobby. Shame on Hilton!

I occupied an executive king room on the 9th floor with breakfast and executive floor access and previledges/benefits. The price difference in my booking scenerio was about 60.-Euros extra for an executive room which is the same size of 27sqm but there "should be" considerbale benefits. To be frank it was not at all worth it to upgrade to the exec floor. The first upsetting issue was that when i arrived at the exec floor (10th floor) for some refreshments I wanted to get the access code for the wifi and the lady receptionist told me that this is not a benefit but i "can get one hour free wifi in the lobby"...this were her exact words!! Needless to say that i also could not use wifi for free in the EXECUTIVE FLOOR GUEST ROOM! What a joke and rip-off! As i neede to acces my email account i then purchased the daily rate wifi service for an additional 19.-Euros. I was realy upset about this. How can a Hilton Hotel ask an exec floor guest in the exec lounge to go to the lobby to get one hour free wifi if this guest pays a good premium for the exec floor already??? I would have been sort of "OK" if the rule would be "not free in the room" but free at the exec lounge but no free wifi in any of the exec floor facilties is absolutley a shame on behalf of Hilton! I then checked the "upgrade" wording on the website and one must be carfeul as they say "wifi connection available" thus they fall short of saying "free"! However if one is a high grade Hilton Honors Member it become a free benefit; howeber i was just a new member hence i did not qualify.

So...i wonder for what i paid 60.-Euros? Ok..breakfast, refreshments at the lounge and coffee in the room...point taken. However the breakfast was very basic for any 4/5 star hotel standard in Germany. They did have smoked salmon, two flavors of cold cuts and one sliced cheese in one display case and some packed cheese, butter jam, yoghurt etc in another. The hot food selection was nothing better than mediocre with watery scambled eggs, leathery bacon and not much more. Any staff canteen in any good company facilty looks like the exec floor breakfast set-up, presentaion and selection at the Hilton! They do offer a free cocktail period in the evenings with free drinks and snacks but i was not in the mood to go there.

The room itself was far away from being an executive room. The bathroom amenities were basic and the bottles were extremly small. They provided only one soap bar which did not fit into the soap dish. The tissue box was empty after i pulled out two tissues and i called for replacement and another soap bar. I pre-ordered extra towels which were not yet delivered but they came later in the day which was surprising as i was told "my room is ready when i checked-in". The bathroom looks nice and was of good size. However the sink faucet is too close to the sink edge and any guest will have a hard time with simply washing hands. The faucet handles for cold and hot could not be easily turned off with wet hands.

When I went to the fitness center on the 10th floor I noticed that this facilty is not attendet to by any staff. I went there for a sauna but not to my surprise the sauna facilty was "out of order" or as the posted paper on the door stated "under maintenance...sorry for any inconveninece caused"! By now i was so upset that i went out of the hotel for a nice dinner at the Sheraton "next door". I also looked at the facilties at the Sheraton and I must say that Hilton is way behind the Sheraton if it comes to services, facilties and value for money! In addtion the Sheraton has a better location as it is much closer to terminal 1 and they have a nice spa/pool etc..

When i came back later in the evening I inquired at the main reception how i can get easily and without much hussle to terminal one and if the hotel has a shuttle srevice. I was told "no shuttle and that i have to take my own luggage to the termial but that i can rent some luggage trolly outside the train termial and on the way to terminal one. After i asked if there is a any porter servcice against payment i was told" sorry not available" but i can use the elevator just outside the lobby in order to avoid the escalators which do not permit heavy luggage transfer due to barriers in front of them. Needless to say that i have had a hard time getting to terminal 1 the next day.

I also requested a late check out which i know cannot be for free as i needed the room until 6pm. The price they quoted me was 89.-Euros which i accepted as i had no choice to pay or to check-out at 2pm.

So...my total bill for one night in a 27sqm so called exec floor room came to almost 300.- Euros for only room...oh yes...and added wifi cost!!! What poor value for money ratio! I will never stay at a Hilton again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank Werner R
Dear Werner R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review about your recent stay on Tripadvisor.
I am truly sorry that you were not happy with our hotel and the services provided.
We certainly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to monitor and adjust our services. It is our aim to provide all our guests with a pleasant stay and it is very unfortunate that we did not succeed during your stay.
Werner R, thank you once more for your feedback, I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel is over-priced for the amenities, but that's to be expected since you are paying for the convenience of being at the hotel. However, we discovered some serious drawbacks to this "convenience".

After driving around Germany on vacation, we planned to drop the rental car at the airport, stay at this hotel, and fly out the next morning.Three painful discoveries:

1) Finding the hotel entrance itself is a pain as the signs are poor, the route convoluted, and the directions on their web site only apply if you approach from one particular direction.

2) The car rental is a long way from the hotel and there is no means to get back. The car rental staff even told us "People who rent cars here usually stay at the Sheraton. You should consider that next time." Fortunately they personally guided us through the labyrinth back to the hotel.

3) Worst of all is if you are flying out of terminal 2. The hotel is attached to terminal 1. There is no shuttle from the hotel to the other terminal, so you have to schlep your bags through terminal 1 to find the airport transport to the other terminal (a long way). With a lot of bags and movement-impaired people in our party, this was a long, frustrating trek up and down the airport. The hotel staff -- otherwise fairly helpful -- just shrugged.

Food is over-priced and mediocre at best (no shock, but an extreme example of the trend). You'll eat better at practically any diner in Germany.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Bathrooms were extremely nice.

The hotel decor is straight out of Logan's Run. (Not kidding. If you stay there, see if you don't agree.)

We found the service variable. The hotel staff were helpful and efficient, apart from having no help -- and very poor directions! -- to get to/from car rental or terminal. Restaurant staff ranged from adequate to lousy.

Bottom line: the convenience factor that you're paying a premium for here is highly variable. If you have a car, stay at the Sheraton. If you're flying out of terminal 2, allow 30 minutes to get across the airport and be prepared to hand-carry your luggage on/off airport shuttles, etc. Eat elsewhere if you possibly can.

3 Thank JMueller_11
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear JMueller_11,
Thank you for taking the time to post this detailed review on Tripadvisor.
I regret that our services and offering did not meet your expectations. At the same it’s a pleasure to read your compliments about the rooms and bathrooms.
Furthermore I am truly sorry that you experienced difficulties finding your way to our hotel. Most rental car companies provide easy access to Terminal 1 from where signs indicating “hotels” and “long-distance trains” direct you to THE SQUAIRE and our hotel. On our website, you also have the option to download a directional document with images and a description of all directions to the hotel.
JMueller_11, we do hope to welcome you back in the near future to convince you also on a culinary level.
Fairbanks, AK
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed one night at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, mostly because we arrived by air at dinner time and our departure flight was the next morning early. The hotel was very nice; we took two rooms as they didn't have accomodations for a family of two parents and 2 opposite gender teens. The rooms were spacious (2 queen beds) and very large, very nice bathroom and appeared to be very clean. Great blackout curtins. Downside: cost, breakfast was way too expensive to consider, and the daily charge for WiFi was ridiculous (go use their business center computers as an alternative) On site directions to the hotel could be a bit clearer for non German speaker (follow train station signs almost-but not all the way) Don't touch anything in the mini-fridge -my wife moved something to see what it was and the charge showed up on the bill - but they were very gracious about removing the charge.
For some travelers the Hilton Garden Frankfurt Airport (entrances of both facilities are next to each other) may offer a better bargin for simplier rooms.

Room Tip: Eat outside the hotel for breakfast or other meals; many choices close at hand at better prices
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for being our guests, JimCFairbanksAlaska. Your kind comments on the hotel and bedrooms are much appreciated and we hope we will be able to welcome you and your family back in the not too distant future.
All the best to Alaska,
Christiane K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
#25 of 269 in Frankfurt
NH Frankfurt Airport
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
Altstadt
Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Been to Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!