“Other Reviews Have it Right”

Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel
Ranked #9 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Atlanta
“Other Reviews Have it Right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

This hotel is new, clean, and attached to the airport. Its great for a one night stay over before a morning flight. Rooms are comfortable, but, as many other reviewers noted, they are small. Great bathroom. Lounge was good, but not great. Food options were OK. Lounge attendants were great; very nice and accommodating. Same with the front desk employees; very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Is traveling with one child, ask for two double beds instead of a King and a rollaway bed. The king...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Snorks-ATL,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your recent trip to Germany and for posting this review on TripAdvisor.

The location of our hotel is indeed exceptional and of great convenience when travelling by plane or train. We are happy to see that especially the professionalism and friendliness of our team member made your stay a satisfactory one, your kind words truly are a great motivation for the team.

Snorks-ATL, we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Frankfurt Airport in the near future.

Best regards to Atlanta,

Christiane K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
St. Louis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

If you're looking for a clean, quiet and conveniently located airport hotel within walking distance to FRA airport Terminal 1, that's the place to be. very professional staff, friendly and attentive. Next door is the Hilton Garden Inn, very nice too, but smaller rooms and a bit "louder audience". Book ahead of time and you'll get same rates as Hilton Garden Inn but more for the money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Thomas S,

Thank you very much for being our guest at Hilton Frankfurt Airport and for sharing your comments about your recent stay on TripAdvisor.
It is great to see that you were happy with the convenient location, quietness and cleanliness of our hotel. Especially your compliments on our team members are much appreciated and I will gladly share those with them.

In order to ensure you get the best possible rate for your next stay we would recommend to book directly on our Hilton website, as we have a best rate guarantee, of which the details you can also find on our website.

Thomas S, once again thank you very much and we hope we can welcome you back soon!

Best regards to St. Louis,

Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

If you have an early flight from Frankfurt, it can be a pain to travel there early in the morning. Although there are many offsite "just ok" hotels, the new Hilton at the airport is connected directly to the terminal and is an upscale hotel with great amenities. There's also a nice lounge bar where you can linger with friends as you say your final farewells. I take groups on food & wine trips and when everyone has a different flight out, this type of option is perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear CookingWithMichele,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport during your journey, and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.
We are very glad to hear that you found our location ideal for the various flight times of your group and that our lobby lounge and bar provided you with the ideal setting.
Once again, thanks for sharing your feedback with us, we hope we welcome you and your groups to Hilton Frankfurt Airport again in the future.

Best regards to Denver

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel since March. Had a 24 hour layover and found a rate here for about $208 on a Friday night. Was tempted to stay at a hotel in Frankfurt but the convenience of this hotel won out.

Check-in was very quick with no one in line at around 3PM. Got upgraded to an Exec. room with my gold level status. I had requested a room facing the airport and got one, but it wasn't exactly what i had expected as it was a view of the Sheraton but I suppose it was still better than the view of the woods I had last time. The room was clean and great just like last time. A couple critiques though were that the ironing board looked a little worn and so did the kettle which had some mildew or something in the spout. Also the alarm clock did not work well and I felt it was rather cheap looking. Also, while I did receive two free bottles of water deliver to my room as my gold amenity (along with a box of chocolates), I really think they should have one or two bottles in the room for free (other than the mini-bar). Internet was extremely fast. The

The lounge itself was great again and the happy hour was more than adequate. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was pretty good although I think they should have maybe an international selection or two available. An odd thing was that housekeeping came by at around 9AM when I was starting to pack up and I am not entirely sure since check-out wasn't for another 3 hours. It was almost like they were trying to rush me out which I did not appreciate. Overall a good stay again but I might try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank silverm0623
Dear silverm0623,

Thank you for staying at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport twice and for posting a review on Tripadvisor. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with some amenities in your room and we apologize for the arrival of our cleaning team during the morning.
However we are grateful that you also mention the many positive aspects of your stay, such as the convenience of our location, the great Executive Lounge and the breakfast experience in our restaurant RISE.
Your feedback truly is of great value to us, so thank you once again for sharing your views.

silverm0623, we do hope you will choose the Hilton Frankfurt Airport again for your next stay in Frankfurt.

Best regards to Colorado Springs,

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

When traveling outside the U.S., I tend to gravitate to local hotels that embody the local character instead of staying in large multi-national chains, which can be somewhat predictable. However, on the recommendation of a business contact who had lived in Frankfurt, I decided to stay at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport and found it a delightful place to call home during my brief visit.

Built just two years ago, the Hilton Frankfurt Airport is of the modern design popular with Germans: lots of glass, sleek lines, and modern furniture and fixtures. It was constructed in a new mixed-use office, retail and conference complex built of steel and glass that was completed in 2011. Counter to its appearance and that of its surroundings, service at the hotel was distinctly old fashioned in a very positive way.

Check-in was quick and efficient. Even though I arrived about 10:00, well before the standard check-in time of 14:00 (2:00 p.m.), my room was ready so I was able to unpack and freshen up a bit before an 11:00 meeting.

The elevators to the guest floors are glass on all four sides, contributing to an open feel as they ascend within the five-story open lobby. Double glass doors that lead from the elevator lobbies to the guest room hallways are triggered by motion sensors and open automatically as the guest approaches. I felt like Maxwell Smart walking through the halls of Control on the old “Get Smart!” TV series. If you’re a Baby Boomer, you’ll get the reference. I’m not sure that’s an image they intended but I thought it provided a touch of whimsy and made me smile every time.

During two separate visits, I stayed in two King Executive Corner suites. Each included a separate living room, a full bath with a separate tub and shower as well as a second half-bath, a dressing area with more than ample closet space, modern fixtures with lots of chrome and glass, and contemporary furniture covered in leatherette and featuring low profiles.

Bathrobes and slippers were hanging in the closet and the suite was equipped with all the amenities we expect today, including flat-screen TVs (one in each room of the suite), iron and ironing board, hair dryer, and high end Peter Allen Roth amenities in the bath and half-bath. In an area off to the side, the room had both a Nespresso coffee maker and a hot pot with instant coffee and tea, and an increasingly rare mini-bar.

The rooms had workstations with power outlets in four configurations: two German, one United Kingdom, and one North American, making it unnecessary to dig out the adapter plugs as long as your appliances handle 220-240 volts. Most power blocks for today’s laptop computers, tablets and cell phones handle from 100 to 240 volts A/C, but check yours before plugging it in, just to be sure. The rooms also had both wired and wireless Internet access. The modern, glass-topped desks provided a minor challenge because my optical mouse doesn’t work well on the glass tops. I solved the problem by taping a sheet of paper where my mouse pad would be.

According to the hotel’s web site, the suites were approximately 53 square meters, or about 570 square feet. While the suites were lovely and luxurious, standard guest rooms at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport average 30 square meters, or about 320 square feet, which is quite generous compared to the average European hotel.

As I’ve noted previously, service can make or break even the nicest property. The service at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport was top notch. For example, an issue with the air conditioning brought assistance within minutes, followed by a quick resolution of my problem.

While Germans are not as outgoing with strangers as Americans, team members at the hotel pressed past their cultural tendencies and were uniformly friendly and welcoming. Everyone I encountered welcomed me with a smile and either a “Good morning,” “Morgen,” “Hallo,” or “Guten tag.” Most everyone spoke excellent English but also helped me out when I attempted to use what German I do speak, whether ordering breakfast or dinner, or negotiating check-in and checkout at the front desk.

However, that also speaks to one of the advantages of staying at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport. Even if you don’t speak a word of German, everyone speaks English to one degree or another, so you’ll be able to easily get what it is you might need. And even if you do speak German, speaking another language that you don’t use every day requires concentration, so it’s nice to have a place to retreat at the end of a busy day, whether you’ve been in meetings and conferences or sight-seeing, and be able to relax.

The hotel has an Executive Lounge on the 10th floor and access included with certain rooms and rates. The lounge provides free Internet terminals, space to meet with colleagues or clients, a buffet Früstuck (breakfast) in the morning and a manager’s reception with complimentary beer, wine, and spirits accompanying light hors d’oeuvres in the evenings.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are also available in the RISE Restaurant on the hotel’s main floor. The FIFTH Lounge & Bar in the atrium offers snacks to sandwiches and salads for lunch, dinner, and into the evening. There is also a restaurant in the Hilton Garden Inn next door, restaurants ranging from full-service to take-away in adjacent mixed-use space called The Squaire, as well as several fast food and quick-serve restaurants in the lower levels beneath the airport.

Another of the advantages of the Hilton Frankfurt Airport is its location.

The hotel is in a new space called The Squaire, a combination of the words “square” and “air,” which is connected to both the airport and the train station beneath, so travelers can get off their planes, go through customs, get their bags, and even do some shopping as they walk to their hotel or connecting train without ever having to go outside.

In addition, the connection to the airport train station makes it easy to catch either the S-8 or S-9 S-Bahn train for a short train ride to the city’s main Hauptbahnhof (Hbf or train station) in central Frankfurt for business or vacation activities. Travelers can also catch regional Inter-City Express (ICE) or other long-distance trains to more distant cities in the train station below the hotel, without having to go into central Frankfurt.

While not located in the middle of town, the Frankfurt Airport Hilton is convenient to the city’s center, and its amenities and service make it an excellent choice indeed for those visiting Frankfurt.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank TheTravelPro_us
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel is near the train station and airport so great for early departures or late arrivals. We were upgraded to the executive level and found the room spacious, clean, well equipped and quiet. The breakfast was pretty good, especially the Bircher muesli, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We would use this hotel again and recommend it for those that need to stay near the airport.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Christiane K, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Banana_abroad,

Many thanks for staying at Hilton Frankfurt Airport and for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.
Our hotel is indeed very conveniently located, no matter if you travel by plane, train or car. It is great to see that we could delight you with the upgrade to the Executive floor. I hope you had time to also experience our Executive Lounge which is very popular amongst our guests for it’s relaxing atmosphere and personal service.

Banana_abroad, once again thank you for your recommending our hotel, we hope we can be your host at Frankfurt Airport again soon.

Best regards,

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

What an amazing experience it has been staying at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport hotel. The design is amazing, they've really thought about everything in terms of convenience, comfort, etc.

The check in and check out is fast and efficient.
The hotel lobby is warm and inviting, in fact, quite spectacular at night with the LED lighting fixutres.
The all glass elevators are beautiful, very fast too.
As you walk through the corridors, the doors open through motion sensor.
The rooms are modern and elegant and quite spacious, very functional.
The washrooms are perfect. I love the walk in glass showers. The amenities are top quality.
The bed is extremely comfortable,

& best of all, the hotel is extremely clean, yes the hotel is fairly new which helps but they do a great job at maintaning it.

The buffet breakfast is awesome too. It's got a wide selection/offering. You can't go wrong !

For the past year, I've been staying on a monthly basis and I always look forward to my next trip to Frankfurt to stay at this hotel.

The only set back is the wifi is not complimentary but you are steps away from a STARBUCKS which you can stay connected but what a shame that the Hilton could not offer this service given you do pay a premium to stay at a Hilton, why not include the wifi.

I definitely recommend this hotel if you need to stay close to the airport.

Room Tip: Great restaurants in the New Work area. There is a Paulaner pub where you can get a great meal and d...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frankfurt
Steigenberger Airport Hotel
#26 of 268 in Frankfurt
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,960 reviews
NH Frankfurt Airport
#1 of 8 in Kelsterbach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,328 reviews
Altstadt
Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof

Been to Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!