“Not what I expected”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The food was creative and tasted good but I am not a fan of nouvelle cuisine. The portions were small and the combination of flavors was interesting but for my taste a bit purposeless. The atmosphere was not particularly romantic, a bit cold and he round tables did not help. As a French tend to prefer more traditional cooking, which is usually less subtle but tastier.

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

We arrived and immediately were attended by the rudest waitress I have ever seen in a restaurant. She explained the fixed menu where deer and guinea fowl was included and several at my table didn't want to have that and asked for the menu to see if they could eat something else. The waitress acted like we insulted her for asking. The menu had exactly 3 main plates including pig stomach. After battling to see what to eat some only had one plate that didn't sound that bad others didn't eat and waited to ask for dessert. The food tried to be upscale gourmet French but was hardly that. When asking for the dessert menu the answer was "I only have two hands". That was the cherry at the top of the cake. If you want TERRIBLE service, limited food selection and French wannabe food go but I don't recommend it.

10  Thank Labne
Matthias S, Leiter Front Office at Weinsinn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Good behavior: Do you get taught. Or not.
Culinary Expertise: Can you learn. If you want.
Style: Do you have. Or you do not.

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Weinsinn is understated, relaxed, yet very serious about service, food and - of course - wine. We had a five course tasting menu with utterly perfect wine pairings and thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The three hours we were there went quickly, and we were sad to leave. Weinsinn is a must-visit place in Frankfurt without question.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I went to this Restaurant because it is number one on tripadvisor list... Maybe I wanted to much because I went out dissapointed.... I had the 4 dishes menu and everything was more about the look than taste... Sorry, I did not like it... Wines were nice. The stuff could smile sometimes... The wiater was fast but not very friendly... Maybe because the place was so full?
The prices are high but if the quality is ok, I do not complain... This time I thought I had paid too much for nice decorated plates which tasted just "ok"...
Sorry...

6  Thank Kuba B
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

This is an easy review to write. The food was excellent and the service friendly. Although the menu is not huge the choice is varied and good.

1  Thank VeitchB