“Fabulous new hotel in the heart of Frankfurt”
Review of Jumeirah Frankfurt

Ranked #4 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I chose this hotel for the location, which is right on the Zeil in the heart of the city, and absolutely loved it! The hotel itself has a cafe which is open to the MyZeil shopping mall next door and also has a private door leading to the enormous and fabulously well equipped Fitness First gym!
On arrival I received a disconcertingly warm and genuine welcome from the bellman, concierge and reception staff. The hotel is very intimate and cosy with beautifully designed small spaces rather than a large imposing lobby. I was grateful that the lady on reception showed me how to use the lifts as I wouldn't have had a clue otherwise! (It was actually quite simple - you choose from a selection of options, one being 'Guest Rooms' and then tell it which floor you want to go to. It allows you to get to your desired floor without having to stop on any other floor).
I had opted for a Skyview Deluxe Room and it was phenomenal...full of fabulous design features that were all functional and simple to operate. Each room category within the hotel has a variety of different room layouts. Mine was open plan and had floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Frankfurt skyline. The desk was well thought out with sockets for UK, US and European plugs and wi-fi was complimentary. The desk and TV were in the centre of the room and you could swivel it around to watch it either from the bed or the chaise longue.
The bathroom was beautifully equipped with a bath that filled in two minutes and a separate rainforest shower. You could either leave it open or slide a wooden panel across for complete privacy.
By the bed was a small panel where different buttons operated the curtains and lights...a feature I especially appreciated as i loathe having to spend 15 minutes wandering around the room turning all the lights off before stumbling back to the bed in the dark.
The service was exceptional...I called down to ask if they had a Blackberry charger that I could borrow and they actually sent somebody out to buy me one...then apologised for having taken so long!
Room service was patchy in quality and overpriced which was a disappointment but overall this was one of the best hotel stays I've had in a long time and I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Opt for the Skyview room...it's well worth the extra few euros.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Frankfurt

Reviewed 1 December 2011

Absolutely great hotel stay. Luxurious room loaded with features. Comfortable bedding, great customer service.

Located in central part of the city with easy access to nearby restaurants, shopping complexes as well as Transit stations.

Room Tip: Skyline view rooms provide great view of the city
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Most beautiful hotel in germany: "a little dubai in frankfurt".
Unfortunately there was a problem with the minibar which did not work properly so we had to call the manager. Michal (?), who was on duty that night solved the issue to our full satisfaction and we could enjoy the hotel to the fullest and even got a bottle of wine as apology and a free upgrade to a beautiful suite.
I can only recommend the hotel, especially the spa and the adjectend fitness club with amazing swimming pool.
Also the front office team is super polite and helpful.

Will come back! Merci bien!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
JumeirahFrankfurt, Geschäftsführer at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2011

Dear Guest,

thank you for your feedback at TripAdvisor. We are very happy to know, that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your entire satisfaction. I apologize for the inconvenience caused concerning the Minibar, but of what I have heard the problem was solved immediately. Rest assured, that I will pass on your coments to the entire Front Office team, who will be happy to know, that their efforts do not go unnoticed by our guests.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

My trip was business to visit the Frankfurt Motorshow and was pre booked for me so I knew little of the hotel until arrival. First impressions count and the staff certainly made a huge effort to welcome my party and usher us into a meeting room prior to booking in. You could tell evrything including the staff were new, whoever had trained them did a good job from personal grooming, speach and service.

My room was a suite on 21st floor (2109) which was utterly superb, spacious, opulant and stacked with gadgets from free wifi, Bose surround sound and docking station even a built in LCD TV into the bathroom mirror! the lounge area was spacious and comfortable and the view from double windows was superb overlooking Frankfurt skyline.
I had a problem connecting to the wifi, called reception who immediately sent someone to investigate which was a hotel fault, they told me to make whatever calls I needed to from the room until the internet connection was restored with no cost to me, excellent service and what you would expect, they called my room when wifi restored.

Breakfast was very grand with seating split between a dining area or low level seating in a library. The food choice is very good and well presented, help yourself from a buffett or request pretty much anything you want from a fried egg to steak and a team of chef's will organise it without fuss.

Negatives? none really, I had a great 2 nights and would definately return and continue to recommend the Jumerah, it combines Middle East style and opulence with European efficiency and does it all very well.

Room Tip: The higher the room the better, best views ever
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
JumeirahFrankfurt, Geschäftsführer at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your wonderful words. We are very happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Rest assured, that I will pass on your comments to all those, who contributed to making your stay a more comfortable one. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Frankfurt very soon again.

Reviewed 1 September 2011

The Jumeirah rates itself one of the Top 2 hotels of Frankfurt, together with the Rocco Forte (where I never stayed due to bad, not central location at a very noisy street). So I had to try it.

Instead staying at my regular choice, the WESTIN, I slept for one night at the Jumeirah. I got a good deal at € 240,00 incl. WiFi internet and full-breakfast. Parking (if needed) is another € 27,00/day.

PLUS:
- location, very central, everything in walking distance
- building, everything top modern
- lobby, really 5 star
- room, stylish, very good bed and linen
- view, perfectly overlooking Frankfurt, stunning!
- shower, with mirror for shaving
- breakfast, good selection, high quality, very nice, intimate breakfast room

MINUS:
- room, open bathroom. when you're with your partner and he/she's in the bathroom the room is alight
- no technical service before 7 am. When (as I had) there's only boiling hot water you've to change rooms for having a shower, need to pack, go to another room
- no Club Floor/Club Lounge
- hair dryer not in bathroom, Espresso machine (in the room I was in) useless because no power outlet neer to plug in Espresso machine

All in all a very good hotel with some (presently) huge drawbacks. When you're a business traveler with 200+ nights/year in hotels you want everything to work smoothly, no hassle, no problems. The Jumeirah isn't at this stage now, needs time to improve. But when they'll manage to solve they'll be one of the top hotels of Frankfurt, maybe not for business travelers - but for sure for leisure.

Business travelers I would still recommend either the WESTIN or the airport Sheraton, also because of their very good Club Floors where there's no need to go for an additional dinner in the evening.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank HONkiev
JumeirahFrankfurt, Geschäftsführer at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2011

Dear Guest,
thank you for your valuable feedback after your recent stay with us. We were honored to have you as our guest in the hotel and value your comments, as we take them all very seriously. This is obviously the only way in which we can improve our service where possible and provide for all our guests.

Please be assured that proper remedies are in place, in order for us to take the necessary corrective action.

We hope to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Frankfurt in the not too distant future.

Sincerely Yours,

General Manger

Reviewed 18 August 2011

We planned to have a private celebration in the newly openend Jumeirah. Unfortunately the Event Planning Group is still quite unorganized and the offer was changed a couple of timer - it goes without saying for only charging additional items, with were discussed before but offered without a separate fee. In the end we decided to not go to this location, as it was impossible to have a solid cost estimate an the planning group did not offer any flexibility. Hopefully this is only the start up phase.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank marek71

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking your time and effort, to write to us about your recent experience at Jumeirah Frankfurt. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

We have noted your feedback and the lack of service you have encountered. Rest assured that I have personally addressed the shortcomings with the concerned department heads, in order to ensure consistent and efficient service to all our guests in future.

We dearly hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Jumeirah Frankfurt in the near future.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 8 August 2011

I stayed one night. It just opened and there very only a view guests. It has a very small lobby which makes it look like an upscale boutique hotel. The location is on the divding line of major shopping street Zeil and upscale triangle Goetheplatz/Fressgass/Goethestrasse. The bar on the ground floor is also very small and currently not very inviting and is the only clear minus. However there are plenty of bars in walking distance. The staff is very friendly and the room service menues are just great. Best hamburger I ever had. The rooms are spacious with all necessary amendeties and are all located on upper levels with a view. The restaurant on first floor looks great and inviting. Despite open for just a view days everything worked quite well.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank frank353
JumeirahFrankfurt, Geschäftsführer at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2011

Dear Guest,

thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.