“close, but yet not there...”
Review of Jumeirah Frankfurt

Jumeirah Frankfurt
Ranked #3 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Caracas, Venezuela
“close, but yet not there...”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We spent a night celebratung NYE 2012 at the jumeirah. We had a junior suite with a skyline view and a special NYE dinner at the Max on One Restaurant.

The Hotel opened in 2011 so evrything as awesome new and fresh. I think the styling and design is close to perfect. It could be a bit more fancy but I think that is really a personal thing.

The junior suite is really nice, especially with the skyline view where you have a nice view at the frankfurt skyline. There are more impressive motives in the world but it's really not to bad.

The furtniture an equipment is state of the art.... big flat screen, bose sound system, iPod docking station (unfortinately iPhone didn't work). The Bed is a pure dream, it is huge and super comfortable. The Bathroom is close as big as the suite itself and is really a nice place to take a bath or long shower.

The Service is one of the week spots of the Jumeirah. To be fair it is on pretty good level but for such a Hotel which aims the top rank of luxury hotels in Frankfurt there are some ke elements missing.

One example was that I called the front desk as the bluetooth access din't work. I asked for some help or resulution which I never got. To be fair it was a smaller issue which wasn't important that night but that they don't get back to me was the bigger disappointment.

The bigger issue from my point of view is the service personell itself (excluding the restaurant) or better said the way the personell is trained to communicate with their guest. Sometimes you have the feeling that a robot is in front of you. I want authentice people and not somebody whos is talking to me as he is a bad actor who barly could memorize what he is saying that moment. I think this is an issue many Luxury Hotels are facing as they are afraid of leaving a bit individual space to their employees.

Dining and wining:

Bar

The Jumeirah is equipped with one bar, located at the lobby, located ground floor. The Bar itself is fine but not exceptionel but what crosses my mind when I see a hotel in a skyscraper with a bar at the ground floor. Why didn't you put it into a higher level with a nice view. MIght be the case that you don't want to attract an audience purely for the bar. But still... it wuld have been just to amazing to have a nice bar located in one of the higher levels.

Restaurant

The Max on One is a Business/fine dining restaurant which combines austrian with local frankfurt Kitchen and some international influences. The food was really good adn the service close to outstanding. The somelier is really a big assett. Broad and still deep knowledge about wines and food how you would expect it from somebody who get's payd to know what's good and what goeas along each other. I just have experiencd to many people declared as somlier but not worth this title.

I hope the title i've choose is now self explaining. If the hotel can develop a local character and escapes from just being a further chain hotel it will have a good time ahead. Anyhow I can recommend the hotel for all business traveler with close to no restraints (which would be the bar). As you have a couple nice bars close to the jumeirah you won't have any issues in spending so spare time in the evening with some entertainment.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank omanolo
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to share with us your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Jumeirah Frankfurt. We take your feedback very seriously. We are also very well aware, that we are not yet up to standards which we try to achieve but we are on a very good way. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jumeirah Frankfurt in the not too distant future. In the meantim I remain,

WIth best regards
Dagmar Woodward

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2012

The bottom line: it's the best hotel in Frankfurt -- except for the Villa Kennedy which is a different price range all together. Gorgeous surfaces in the rooms, very modern, spotless clean, truly approaching five-star in fit and finish. Three let-downs: front-desk service is not up to par (they take far too long to check in, do not anticipate needs and seems to be more interested in speaking to one another than guests - this I can say with authority after three visits in 2012 alone already); tv channel selection in English is bare minimum; and room service menu for dinner is too limited. Fix these things and Jumeirah has a hands-down, market-leading winner!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. We have noted your feedback concerning check in, TV channels, and the in room dining menu. Rest assured that your comments have been discussed in depth with the respective department heads for immediate improvement and in oder to avoid any future disappointments. Thank you for being our guest and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Frankfurt very soon again.

Kind regards
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 2 February 2012

First the good,

Super Super Location, direct access to My Zeil shopping Centre and the huge pedestrian shopping street, Great Rooms, all the best facilities in rooms, superbly comfortable bed, great bathroom and toiletries, abundance of towels and facecloths etc, mini bar, nespresso machine etc, large lcd tv, but poor selection of english language channels, lovely city views (we where on 23rd floor) used the gym also (free access) and it was great plenty of cardio machines and a nice pool, Breakfast was excellent, huge selection and really laid back service with no rushing, everything you could imagine from a buffet and eggs as you like from the kitchen.

Dinner on Sunday Night which was included in our weekend rate was also an excellent experience, superb food with excellent presentation and serivce all wathced through an open kitchen, but with a small hiccup which we'll cover in the bad.

All common areas spotless, and a great albeit small bar at front of the hotel but nice and intimate in the evenings and a Cafe with access to My Zeil Shopping was also pleasant.

The Not so good,
Check in was a bit of an ordeal, we'll admit we arrived early 11.30am, but we would have appreciated finishing the check in process and collecting keys to our rooms upon our return in the evening, after travelling since 2.30am and a full day at Messe it would have made a much simpler end of the day to return been handed our keys and finding our luggage awaiting us, as it turned out we had to finalise check in then waited for an hour for luggage
to come up, not an ideal start to a stay after a 18hr day.

The restaurant never supplied a Menu for the weekend package which included dinner on one evening, this lead to an embarrassed restaurant manager
as the A la carte menu was taken away but no set menu was given rather what felt like a hurried decision as to what to serve, Simple solution, have a prepared
set menu and present alongside the a la carte and let the customer choose, in fairness they really did their best to accommodate our requests and we had the
most outstanding meal, with desserts too just die for, but again not a great start,

Our weekend package also stated a late check out but conveniently states if available till 4pm (I'd prefer it removed from the package if you cant promise it) we
managed a 2pm checkout after some pressure was applied, but the pass keys did stop working at Noon resulting in a trip down get new keys, all the above problems are communication based and should be easily fixed

In summary a great property, with fab facilities, in a great location, a couple of service improvements and it will be top class, I'll be back to check for sure !!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Robmc
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking your time to write to us following your recent stay at Jumeirah Frankfurt. We have noted your comments in regards to your check in and the menu package at the Restaurant. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Rest assured that your feedback has been discussed with the respective department heads for immediate improvement. We are very happy to hear that you are planning to return again and to visit Jumeirah Frankfurt in the not too distant future. In the meantime, I remain,

With best regards
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed there by 4 days last year and I recommend for everybody, specially if you go to Frankfurt to work! Location, Location, Location! Besides the luxury and confort!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Dear Guest,

we are very happy to hear such positive feedback from our valued guests. We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon again.

Kind regards
London
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This hotel only just appeared in my company's 'preferred supplier' list so thought I would give it a go - tempted by the website photos and the fact that it was a Jumeirah hotel - having just come back from Dubai I had high (probably too high) expectations.

My colleague and I were greeted by friendly staff and given peppermint tea whilst we were checking in. The reception area also houses the bar - which got quite lively in the evening.

My room was on the 19th floor and did have a super view over Frankfurt. The best thing about the room was the bathroom, it had a huge bath and big rainforest shower. The bathroom was split by a glass wall which then made the room look even bigger.

Everything in the room was operated by touch screen controls which was sort of cool! The bed was very comfortable - I slept really well. I asked for a wake up call though and didn't get one...

There are not any free hot drink facilities in the room - the coffee from the coffee machine cost something like 4 Euros which I thought was pretty pricey. There's lots of nice toiletries, a hair dryer - although annoyingly one of those ones which you have to keep your finger on the on button all the time, a safe, slippers, bathrobes etc. The room is of modern design.

Breakfast is served on the first floor - the breakfast room is very nice with all food cooked in an open plan kitchen that you can see. It is very expensive - it would be more or less impossible to eat 25 Euros of food which is what the buffet costs - there's lots of choice though. However, my colleague had the eggs benedict and one of the waitresses asked whether she would also want something from the buffet, my colleague said maybe a slice of toast - when the bill came my colleague was charged 25 euros for the buffet (i.e. a slice of toast) plus the extra for the eggs - which I thought was very cheeky!

There is a Fitness First gym attached to the hotel which is free of charge to customers - it's a very good gym, really big, full of machines and weights. Free water and towels are given to the hotel customers in a little room just to the side of the gym.

All in all the hotel is fine, I wouldn't really complain, it was clean, fairly efficient, comfortable etc but there was just something missing for me, it almost feels like it was a new hotel and they are still some bits they need to sort out - although judging by the other views about this hotel I may be in the minority! But I will probably try somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Get as high as possible to take advantage of the views
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TerriLondon
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your honest feedback. We take the comments of all our guests very seriously and I am grateful that you share with us your opinion. Please accpet my apologies for not having had your wake up call. I will discuss this with our Front Office Manager to ensure that this will not happen again. Also your feedback about the buffet charges will be shared with the team, to ensure efficient service to all our guests in future. We thank you for being our guest and I hope to welcoming you back very soon again in the not too distant future.

Sincerely Yours,
switzerland
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The hotel is in the middle of the financial district. Service was excellent and the view over the city is amazing. Room design is very modern

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your kind words in regards to your recent stay at Jumeirah Frankfurt. We are very happy that you enjoyed the facililities and that everything was to your entire satisfaction. Thank you for being our guest and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon again.

Best regards
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 7 January 2012

The room was fantastic as expected of a modern 5 star hotel. My room had all the modern amenities that made my stay enjoyable. Wi fi is free and helps getting work done. The business center is modern and well equipped and I was able to get a lot of work done. The metro is a short distance away. I enjoyed shopping at the Zeil shopping street a few minutes away.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank lhreye
JumeirahFrankfurt, General Manager at Jumeirah Frankfurt, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Dear Guest,

thank you for your very kind words in regards to your recent stay at Jumeirah Frankfurt. It is always nice to hear positive feedback from our guests. We hope that this will not be the last time, that you have visited us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Frankfurt in the not too distant future.

With best regards,