“Quick and pleasant”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bahnhofsviertel
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Pleasant neighbourhood Vietnamese restaurant. Wide choice, reasonable prices, quick service. Often quite busy, many European and also Asian diners, usually a good sign as to quality and authenticity of the offerings. Have not yet had a dish I did not like.

1  Thank ajl_ffm

Reviewed 27 May 2014

With extensive travels throughout Vietnam I have the confidence in saying that it doesn't get any more authentic in terms of a nice big bowl of Pho than at this place! The beef version (the tastier of the two) costs a pricy 10 Euro, but it's worth it! You get a little mountain of fresh herbs (coriander, mint, basil and some other herb), bean sprouts, limes and fresh chillies to season your Pho to your personal taste.
Experts will notice the broth is quite authentic as they add a dash of Nuoc Mam - no other restaurant can match this one!

3  Thank Rene1112013
Reviewed 8 December 2013

A friend of mine saw this place last time she was in Frankfurt and it was packed, so we decided to try it out last night (we went to the theatre which was nearby). Although a small place, the staff were very friendly, the place was really clean, and the food was really good! I've had good Vietnamese food, and this rates up near the top. The price was good too. It's definitely a place to return to.

1  Thank TBoner1
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Having read in a local magazine that this was rated as the best Vietnam food in Frankfurt, I decided to give it a try. I gathered a small group of my friends, made a reservation for lunch and we tried it. My friends all liked it (they had never had Vietnamese food before), but for me (I've enjoyed Vietnamese food in Vietnam, from Vietnamese friends and in other fabulous Vietnamese restaurants throughout the world) it was okay, nothing special.

If you have never had Vietnamese food and want to try it, then this might be a good start. The staff are very friendly, attentive and nice. The place isn't too big so if you are going with a big group, especially during lunch, you should reserve a table. If you are going in pairs, it shouldn't be too difficult to get a table or share a table with another pair.

We had the handrolled spring rolls that the menu identified as their house specialty. The platter was filled with an assortment of meats (shrimp, beef, pork), rice noodles, and herbs. The flavors of the meat were average as was the selection of herbs. It just wasn't a "Wow" platter that one would expect if it was indeed the restaurant's signature dish. We also tried the rice noodles with sliced up eggrolls and grilled pork. The flavors for this dish were better but it still didn't wow me. It was average but nothing that would make me pick this place as the best of Frankfurt. I would probably go back if I was stuck near the Bahnhof area and needed a quick meal. I like the staff because they are friendly. The restaurant is in an ideal location, midway between the bahnhof and the Opera house. But if this really is the best that Frankfurt has to offer in terms of Vietnamese cuisine, then I beg to disagree and I will just have to travel elsewhere to get my fix of really good Vietnamese food.

2  Thank 2travelandeat
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Extremely friendly and fast service even the restaurant was full. The food was nice, we had Dim Sum as a starter (ok, already had better ones, even in Frankfurt) and crispy duck with noodles (very good). Definitely a place to return.