“Fantastic food, drinks and service!”
Review of La Mex Lounge

La Mex Lounge
Ranked #1,658 of 2,491 Restaurants in Frankfurt
Price range: US$3 - US$27
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our super cosy mexican Restaurant and Cocktailbar exists since 2010 just 5 minutes walk from the central railwaystation in Frankfurt. La Mex Lounge offers a delicious mexican and international kitchen to almost any hour! In addition we offer a variegated and great menu around noontime between 11:30 and 14:30 which would be perfect for your daily midday break during work. Also our Cocktail Happy Hour between 17:00 - 19:00 and 23:00 - 1:00 invites you and your family and friends! We will be happy to offer our rooms and service also for presonal or work related events. Our friendly and outgoing service is waiting for you and cant wait to welcome you in Lamex Lounge!
Christchurch, Dorset, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, drinks and service!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Ate at La Mex Lounge last night with my girlfriend and we had a great time.

The restaurant was only a few hundred metres from out hotel, which was very convenient.

As we arrived we were promptly sat down in a nice window seat and given menus. We had nachos with cheese, sour cream and salsa to start. For our mains we had the chicken Enchiladas and chicken Fajitas. All the food was fantastic and portions were huge. We also had some German beer and cocktails. The whole thing came to 54euros.

Considering how much good and drink we had the value was fantastic.

The service was very friendly.

We couldn't recommend this lovely, good food and good drink restaurant/bar more! Definitely worth a visit...

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Spartanburg, South Carolina, Usa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievably bad service”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Walked over to this restaurant from my hotel. I was starving having toured the city all day. Lovely bar. Obviously someone had put some real time and money into the place. Although their menu was Mexican I decided I really just wanted a burger and they advertised one on an "American" portion of their menu. They were admittedly quite busy. Only two servers and two guys behind the bar. The girl that came up to me spoke no English and apparently either her (or my German) was poor. About 20 minutes passed, no drink, no food. I flagged down the male server who ended up having to put my order into the kitchen and bar. Probably half an hour to get a beer. I asked them to put mustard on my burger and asked for no cucumbers which were listed on the menu. When it arrived after another 20 minutes it was instead covered in what I think was Thousand Island dressing and full of cucumbers. I sent it back. In about 20 more minutes another burger arrived with no dressing, no mustard, still cucumbers and now a side of this dressing. So I call the male server over. He picks up the dish and starts ranting that I was impossible to satisfy. So I go to the bar to speak to the manager. He acts rudely and says that they do not have mustard. So I ask him why did they not say this in the first place? He has no explanation and continues to behave rudely. Eventually he offers me a small beer as compensation. And they bring me a beer different from what I had originally ordered.

First, I have never had a waiter smart off at me like this one, never mind either he or the kitchen had screwed up. Secondly, you are in a German city right next door to a German restaurant and yet cannot provide mustard? Really? And thirdly, the manager acted like a jerk and ended up waiting for about an hour to get my ticket which was not discounted in any way. I left no tip as this was one of the worst experiences I have ever had at any restaurant (no matter the country) in my life.

• Visited October 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Muy Bueno”
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We are from San Antonio and have been in Frankfurt for a few days. On a dare I looked up mexican food on TripAdviser. Several places came up but one caught my eye and was close to our hotel. The decor was excellent and extremely clean. There was sidewalk dining but we chose to sit inside as a cool October breeze was bringing the temp down. We started with chips and salsa. Salsa is usually what I use to tell if the restaurant is going to be truly authentic mexican. The salsa was excellent, the chips were crisp and warm and the also included a side of sour cream. We ordered the combination fajita plate with beef and chicken and it was done to perfection. I also had the tacos with chile con carne. For drinks we started with frozen margaritas and I also had an "on the rocks" Rita. The frozen were just a tad tart but still very tasty and the rocks version was perfect. The price was nice also considering everyrhing we had. We will go back for sure.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Large portions, very tasty”
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Lovely Mexican food for around10 euros per main meal with lots of veggie options available. Portion sizes are quite large and packed with flavour. Beer comes in traditional German glasses with a handle which was a nice touch and there were also blankets on the seats to use if you feel a bit chilly which was very thoughtful.

The staff speak good English and are very friendly. Definitely worth a visit.

Ancona
“When imformal doesn't mean impersonal”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

April cold evening. Quite late (10:30 pm) we joined this bar/lounge/restaurant. Warm welcome. Efficient service. Food maybe not 100% original mexican but very good high quality, big portion but not too 'confused' so you could see what you eat (benefit) and very good value for the cost.
2 people, 1 meat fajitas, 1 veg burritos (mre than enough as full dinner) 3 beers, 2 desert (also very good) 52 €. We will come back.

• Visited April 2013