“Excellent stopover after a long flight”
Review of Victoria Hotel

Victoria Hotel
Ranked #28 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Stayed at this hotel for two nights, the room was excellent, clean, bright, comfortable bed. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful which made for a very pleasant stay. The Hotel is located 300 metres from the main station and although appears to be in a red light area I felt comfortable and safe in the area. Would recommend to anyone for a stay in Frankfurt. After a 24 hour fight from Australia it was wonderful to have the request for an early checkin met, particularly since we arrived at 6,00am.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 May 2011

For our overnight stop before heading home this was perfect. Clean with a fresh modern look the staff were friendly and the breakfast was a good start for our flight home. The hotel was happy to care for our luggage and I particularly liked the fire escape - out the window and down the ladder!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2011

The hotel was wonderful. Bed was comfortable, it is stylishly furnished, and the bathroom was lovely. It was rather hot out, so the a/c was a nice touch. Breakfast was lovely and the staff always greeted me with a warm hello when I came and went. There were computer stations in the lobby with free internet. Apparently there is wireless in the rooms for a fee, but I was able to use a free wireless network.

Location wise it's super close to the main train station and within walking distance to major sites, but...and a huge but...it's in the red light district. Those who claim that you won't notice it must be blind. There's a sex shop/cinema right across the street, hookers that are look like they're on crack lining the street and standing right in front of the hotel, not to mention the "sex Inn" down the street and countless sex shops throughout the area. Oh, and I'm talking middle of afternoon here...1 or 2 pm. That's just not right. I also could have done without the gun shot in the middle of the night.

conclusion: It's a lovely hotel, but I do not feel safe at all in the area. If you're a solo female traveler, do not stay here. It's dangerous. Pay a bit more and stay in a safer location.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank JLDEB82
Reviewed 12 March 2011

My family were on the last leg of a 3 week train tour of Europe and stayed 2 nights here. This hotel was in a good location close to main station. While is is close to the red light district it was not invasive enough to worry about for my teenagers. There are plenty of eating choices. The hotel is not far from Zeil shopping area which we visited by walking. The staff were helpful with all our enquiries including offering a lan cable to connect our computer to internet in the dinning area. Breakfast was delicious and the dining staff were incredibly accommodating. The hotel was happy to store our luggage until 8pm to catch our flight home. It was a lovely end to our holiday. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank amazana
Reviewed 11 March 2011

The Victoria Hotel turned out to be an outstanding find for us. Parking was iffy on the city streets bu the hotels location was convenient to downtown. The breakfast was perfecto! Internet was available. The hotel desk staff meant to please and went above and beyond in their duties. The hotel bar was handy. Near to the train station and fairly close to the airport. The quality of the room was simply amazing -style and elegance abounded. Great value!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2011

I arrived very early in the morning (5am) and asked if I could just leave my luggage as I didn't expect my room to be available. I was met by a smiling man who spoke good english (this was a delight, as I had just had the long flight from hell from Australia via the moon) I was told my room was ready and I could get access now, at no additional charge. I was also told breakfast was being served and I was welcome to it, I think he must have seen the exhausted look on my face and felt sorry for me.

I was traveling alone, hence was given a single room. Look, its a tiny room, but I was alone and it was walking distance from the main train station and the staff were nice, really I couldn't ask for me.

I will stay here again should I find myself in Frankfurt.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Nice hotel, very close to the train station (a couple blocks only, cant remember exactly). Room was a little small, but we really didnt spend much time there other than sleep. There are a number of restaurants and pubs within a block or two. Close to the heart of the CBD and the 'red light district'. I read that being that close to the red light area put some people off, but i really didnt notice it. Also, the free breakfast was actually pretty good. Try to get there early, as i noticed it got picked over pretty good towards the end.

Overall, nice clean hotel. Staff were easy to talk to and were happy to help with directions or pick a nice restaurant to eat at.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple