“Nice Hotel, Good Location”
Review of Victoria Hotel

Victoria Hotel
Ranked #27 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We were only here for one night, so this isn't a very comprehensive review. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the main train station which connects directly to the Frankfurt Airport. Very convenient. It is right off Kaiserstrasse, a main street in the city, with lots of restaurants close by. The rooms were pretty small but clean and comfortable. The elevator broke down as we were heading out for dinner, but was fixed by the time we returned. The staff was friendly and helpful, and there is a little dining area off the lobby for an included breakfast.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

€200/night for one of the smallest rooms I've ever stayed in. Doesn't sound good, but in fact was quite a neat, clean, tidy and cosy room, smoking allowed, excellent shower. Right in the middle of town, near the main rail station, lots of restaurants nearby (including a surprising number of Indian curry houses). Bit noisy on the street through the night, and breakfast not great. But a last minute booking arranged by the tourist info desk at Frankfurt airport, and there was a trade fair on, so shouldn't complain.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Convenient as it is a short walk from the station, and average breakfast. The rooms are comfortable and the fittings are quite new. We stayed on a higher floor, so did not quite notice the noise, even on a Saturday night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KLWanderer
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Right in the red light district so can be noisy with some drunken party goers on roads around, and would not advise wandering around at night for fairer sex.
Rooms are typical German minimalist but fairly comfortable, though pillows were a bit lumpy.
Bathroom, tiny but had everything needed, though it had a bad damp smell from the drains, which only went when I blocked up the bath and sink plugholes with tissues and sprayed with aftershave. Shower a bit temperature temperamental.

Staff were friendly and helpful, and try hard.

Breakfasts were very good with a wide selection for all tastes.
Hotel is not expensive and reasonable value for what they deliver, but it doesn't quite get it right.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LesH211
Reviewed 1 February 2014

There seems to be said everything already ... Small rooms, good hotel, really good location in relation to main station and city center, loud nights (but of course, I am happy that there is this hotel in this perfect spot for me ..), good enough breakfast. But I would like to add one more thing: the staff might be trying too hard to have the "perfect service": If I am asked to save water by NOT putting my towels on the floor I don't expect new towels. If I tell the cleaning lady NOT to make my room I expect my room to be as I left it, And I certainly don't expect the waiter hovering by my table in the mornings, grabbing and exchanging emptied plates and glasses by reaching over my and my colleagues in a 2- minute-tact. And no wiping the table BEFORE we leave, please ... (Of course I asked him nicely to refrain from doing that but that didn't help, then I told him less nicely again, but that only brought him to take away my next half-emptied glass of oj). Any way, nice hotel and I would stay there again, but ...

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Bettina64291
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Quite expensive. In fact the most expensive of all the hotels we stayed in in Germany (berlin, hamburg, dresden, munich as well as frankfurt). Very handy to main train station and a short walk to main shopping area but very close to the seedy site of frankfurt too. reasonable breakfast. Terrible pillows.

Room Tip: A less expensive 4 star hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My bf and I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights (thurs-sat). We booked this hotel as it was close to Frankfurt Christmas market.

Firstly the hotel was a lovely hotel for a city break away. Hotel was well decorated and spotlessly clean. Room was very nice and again was very clean. We asked for a quiet room and was given a back room on the third floor. We both slept well. Breakfast is included in the price of your room with this hotel and the breakfast was great. Lots of choice and good quality, so you won't go hungry! There are lots of restaurants near by and also some bars and pubs. We found an irish bar near to the hotel and all staff spoke perfect English, they had pool tables and food was good too! (the staff on reception at the hotel can direct where this is). There is a starbucks a few mins from the hotel so you can use wifi there if you don't want to pay for the hotel wifi.

The Christmas market was absolutely lovely, very Christmassy and just generally a nice experience. Lots of lovely foods to choose from, especially if you have a sweet tooth. The market is walking distance from the hotel (about ten mins) and there are also lots of other shops etc near by.

I would definately recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple