“Nice, quiet location.”

Savigny Hotel Frankfurt City
Ranked #128 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed here for a weekend to see the German GP. We stayed in the older part of the building called the 'westend'. The decor is dated but the room was clean and comfortable.

Unlike some other reviewers I found the service excellent and the breakfast in particular was great. I have never been offered so much choice - from fruit and cereals to breads cakes and hot food.

Parking on the street outside the hotel is free at nights and weekends. The hotel has a deal with the car park next door for €18 Euro for 24 hours. We only needed to park for a few hours on Monday so it was cheaper to just pay the car park direct (€1.50 per hour).

The location of the hotel is great. Close to the railway station and botanical gardens and within walking distance of the town centre. The leafy residential area is quiet. However, between the hotel and the town centre lies the city's lively sex district. A bit of an eye opener on a Saturday night! It's not too close to the hotel though and easily avoided.

Also check out the nearby Prganic Bistro Mahzeit on Schumannstrasse. A top spot for lunch on a sunny day!

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Savigny Hotel Frankfurt City

Reviewed 28 June 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Savigny whilst on business. I was based in the west wing which I believe is the older part of the hotel. The room was spotless and though old fashioned in style was very comfortable. I was very impressed with the bathroom, particularly the sink area. It was timelessly elegant with an excellent finish.

The location was a short walk away from both the financial sector and train station. The rest of Frankfurt could also be reached easily.

Breakfast was buffet style and at 22 Euros very expensive though there was plenty of choice.

I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Hotel is in a quiet area of Frankfurt not far from the station.
The hotel is well appointed and clean.
Restaurant is good
Rooms whilst clean could be upgraded and modernised.
Staff are very attentive to your needs and very friendly.
I would recommend this hotel to you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The goods:
Room: room is nicely furnished with a full set of amenities
WIFI - free and full access in-room
Location - about a 20-minute walk to the restaurant and bar area

The bads:
Room: The AC was not cool enough even when we had it on the coolest settings, I put my hand on the vent and the air coming out wasn't very cool. The bed sheets were quite "rough" texture-wise and the pillows were small and flat.
Washroom: there is not enough water pressure for the shower and the water temperature changes every 30 seconds or so, which makes it quite tricky to take a shower because when I tried to stand close to it (because there is no water pressure) the water would all of a sudden turned cold/hot. There is also not enough water pressure for the toilet to flush properly.
Service: It was alright during the day but in the evening it got quite awful. Our AC wasn't working properly and the room was quite hot. We called the front desk but they said the engineer went home and there is nothing they could do. And I don't think they followed up with the problem the next day as the AC was again not cool enough and so we were sweating when we slept.
Food: A very ordinary hotel breakfast buffet which tastes okay. But by the third day of having the exact same choices we ended up eating out.
Parking: If you are driving a car, please, do not let them park your car. When I arrived at the hotel with my car I asked the staff where the parking lot was. After being told that they only do valet parking, I left them my keys and looked at it as a nice gesture from the hotel to its guest (i.e. me). Little do I know that costs me 18 euros when I picked up my car the next day. I parked at the parking lot they parked at the next day for 3 more hours and it only cost me 7 euro. So it really makes me feel being ripped off.

The room (and the hotel) really looked quite nice when we first walked in, but I guess appearance can be deceiving.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bu74n3
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This hotel has two faces: The very friendly entrance lobby with extremely friendly and capable people (they know good places to go, they give you a map of Frankfurt etc.) and a very good breakfast buffet, where you also get a "coffee-to-go" when you are in a hurry. However, the rooms are not so nice... I was in the 5th floor with a very small room, which was very hot. Obviously the aircon was to weak or did not even work at all, the room did not cool down during night. I also tried to open the windows at night, however, may be because of the small room there was no airflow at all in this room... The bathroom is so small that it is very difficult to sit when you have long legs or to take a shower without flooding the room...

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room, I heard, that they have some bigger rooms as well.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank UliRichard
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I went there for business. You have to make sure that you will not end up in the Westend building !! It is old and your room looks like it has never been renovated since the Derrick era ! Wi-Fi wasn't working properly in my room neither.
I visited a room in the main building and they look much better.
Very nice staff at the reception and great breakfast buffet.
Quite close to the Frankfurt Messe, around 15 minutes walking.
But I still wouldn't recommend this hotel !

Room Tip: Stay in the main building !
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank VanessaB78
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on biz. The hotel offers basic clean rooms and it is located about 10 min walk from the main train station. There are no amenities around apart from a few restaurants so the hotel is in a very quiet area.

For the price, it is an okay hotel. Service was prompt but operated
on a needs basis.

There was no free wifi in the rooms which was a pity. Wifi in the lobby which was free was v patchy and the hotel had only one computer terminal for guests who needed to use the Internet.

• Stayed: May 2013