Manhattan Hotel
US$136
US$132
US$195
  • Restaurant
Ibis Frankfurt Centrum(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$88
  • Bar/Lounge
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Messe(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$67
  • Breakfast included
US$120
US$110
  • Pool
MEININGER Hotel Frankfurt/Main Airport(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$71
Travelocity
All reviewsthe main train stationgreat wifirooms are cleanworked fineair conditioningbreakfast roomperfect locationlight sleepermain frankfurtstay there againthe red light districtbusiness tripsex shopstriple roomwalking distanceexcellent breakfastfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I travel a lot and know all kinds of hotels 3 to 5 stars plus. Manhattan in Frankfurt is top notch in my view, you get all you need, rooms are clean and really nice. Good service overall. Guaranteed feel good factor, hope to be back in Frankfurt soon!! / Alex M

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Maanhattan Hotel in Frankfurt, the experience and accommodations were above and beyond. My stay in the superior room, #303 was very luxurious! The hotel is located a short walk from the city center and is very close to the train station, making it the perfect starting and ending point to your day. I will stay here every time I come to visit in Frankfurt.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife booked us in the Manhattan from 17th July 2014 until 22nd July 2014, booking was completed through the British Airways website, and the reviews were adequate, after all - we just needed a clean hotel for 5 nights.

Check-in was uneventful. Then we arrived at the room. While decor etc was adequate, the temperature in the room was unbearable. We immediately asked for a room with air-conditioning, as this room appeared not to be fitted, and we were told that no rooms have air conditioning.

On the basis that we would be spending most of the days away from the hotel, we gave it a try, thinking that it would cool down, but it didn't. At night time, the heat remained unbearable, and opening windows was not possible because of the noise from the street (ok with windows closed). I got no sleep that night at all, I was constantly up running my wrists under cold water (to cool me down), drinking water to cool down, or in the bathroom as I had been drinking so much water.

I didn't wish to suggest changing hotel, as this was a birthday present, so didn't wish to offend my wife, but on rising in the morning, together we decided that this hotel room was inhabitable any longer. Using trip-advisor and hotels.com I found a suitable hotel within 200M, in the meantime, my wife contacted British Airways who were just brilliant in arranging a refund for the remaining nights. Only when we mentioned this to the reception did we get the chance to change room, but even then there was no air-conditioning in any other room.

After breakfast, we returned to the rooms to pack the bags, and found that hotel staff had already been in to the room to open the windows to try and cool the room down. They open accepted that there was a problem, but they continue to not install air-conditioning.

In the middle of mainland Europe, in the middle of summer, this is ALWAYS going to be a problem, so with our bags packed, we left.

I have never felt the need to leave a hotel before, and I can't for the life of me believe that I/we are the only persons to have experienced this at the Manhattan. To see it described as a boutique hotel, is staggeringly inaccurate. How it remains with such high reviews is also staggering; Without the air-conditioning problems, the hotel was average but I probably wouldn't have stayed there again, given the choice available. As it happens, the lack of air-conditioning save me the bother of considering it ever again ....

Room Tip: The best suggestion for a good room, is simply to select a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Steven P
Reviewed 11 August 2014

no conditionated air system
clean and coosy hotel very close to train station and city center.................................................................................................................................

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed there recently on a short 3 day trip to the city. Would always return.
Friendly service, great rates and clean/efficient room and amenities. Perfect location to city centre as short walk and could not be closer to the train station. Make sure you enjoy the bfast selection, which frankly speaking is unheard of generous for hotels this size.
RL

Room Tip: Ask the receptionist.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business