“Good experience overall”

Ranked #15 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Frankfurt, Germany
“Good experience overall”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Rooms are good, furnished with all necessities, pretty comfortable and they are cleaned daily.
I especially like the location as it is very close to Frankfurt Haupbahnhof , and close ( 10-15 min walk ) to the city center and Main river and it's easy to get to it from the Airport by train.
Breakfast is pretty varied and anyone can find something to his/her's tastes.

Cons : No air conditioning in the rooms and top rooms can get quite hot in summer days
Rooms facing the main street can be somewhat loud due to traffic during the day when opening windows ( and in summer openig them is a must )

Room Tip: Try rooms facing the back streets or back of the hotel as they are quieter. Also try rooms 503,504...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Manhattan H, Guest Relations Manager at Manhattan Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear D3xt3rsM,

Thank you very much for your time to share your feedback. It permits us to continuously improve our standards according to our customers´ wishes and expectations.

We were very glad to read, that you found everything comfortable although we do not have air condition.

We would be very happy to welcome you soon again.

Kind regards
your Manhattan Hotel Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is across the street from hauptbanhof so it is great to get in/out of frankfurt by train or plane.
It is also close to tourist areas which can be reached by foot in 15 minutes or so.
Breakfast is very good and wifi signal is good in the room (both included in the price).
The down side is that there is no aircon in the rooms. They provide a fan but it might to be enough in hot nights. If you open the window the street noise might bother you.
Room size good enough for couple with two medium sized pieces of luggage.
Considering my one night experience i would recommend the hotel and would stay there again.
If you leave the hotel and make a right there is a very good Thai restaurant Toh-thong.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lcmaj
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I spent a long weekend in Frankfurt, combining business and seeing friends.
It was the first time I stayed at the Manhattan and it was an excellent choice. My room was a superior room which must have been refurbished recently, with customized design furniture which I loved!

Not to mention the very friendly and attentive personnel and the perfect location.

Will definately come back!

best, K

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I travel a lot and know all kinds of hotels 3 to 5 stars plus. Manhattan in Frankfurt is top notch in my view, you get all you need, rooms are clean and really nice. Good service overall. Guaranteed feel good factor, hope to be back in Frankfurt soon!! / Alex M

• Stayed August 2014
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Maanhattan Hotel in Frankfurt, the experience and accommodations were above and beyond. My stay in the superior room, #303 was very luxurious! The hotel is located a short walk from the city center and is very close to the train station, making it the perfect starting and ending point to your day. I will stay here every time I come to visit in Frankfurt.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My wife booked us in the Manhattan from 17th July 2014 until 22nd July 2014, booking was completed through the British Airways website, and the reviews were adequate, after all - we just needed a clean hotel for 5 nights.

Check-in was uneventful. Then we arrived at the room. While decor etc was adequate, the temperature in the room was unbearable. We immediately asked for a room with air-conditioning, as this room appeared not to be fitted, and we were told that no rooms have air conditioning.

On the basis that we would be spending most of the days away from the hotel, we gave it a try, thinking that it would cool down, but it didn't. At night time, the heat remained unbearable, and opening windows was not possible because of the noise from the street (ok with windows closed). I got no sleep that night at all, I was constantly up running my wrists under cold water (to cool me down), drinking water to cool down, or in the bathroom as I had been drinking so much water.

I didn't wish to suggest changing hotel, as this was a birthday present, so didn't wish to offend my wife, but on rising in the morning, together we decided that this hotel room was inhabitable any longer. Using trip-advisor and hotels.com I found a suitable hotel within 200M, in the meantime, my wife contacted British Airways who were just brilliant in arranging a refund for the remaining nights. Only when we mentioned this to the reception did we get the chance to change room, but even then there was no air-conditioning in any other room.

After breakfast, we returned to the rooms to pack the bags, and found that hotel staff had already been in to the room to open the windows to try and cool the room down. They open accepted that there was a problem, but they continue to not install air-conditioning.

In the middle of mainland Europe, in the middle of summer, this is ALWAYS going to be a problem, so with our bags packed, we left.

I have never felt the need to leave a hotel before, and I can't for the life of me believe that I/we are the only persons to have experienced this at the Manhattan. To see it described as a boutique hotel, is staggeringly inaccurate. How it remains with such high reviews is also staggering; Without the air-conditioning problems, the hotel was average but I probably wouldn't have stayed there again, given the choice available. As it happens, the lack of air-conditioning save me the bother of considering it ever again ....

Room Tip: The best suggestion for a good room, is simply to select a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Steven P
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 11 August 2014

no conditionated air system
clean and coosy hotel very close to train station and city center.................................................................................................................................

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business