“Great hotel, great room and a great location”

Hilton Frankfurt City Centre
Ranked #30 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Minneapolis, MN
“Great hotel, great room and a great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

Beautiful hotel, great rooms and accommodating staff (we were able to check-in around 10am). Unfortunately, small things that are complimentary in many places (water in the room, wi-fi) cost quite a bit extra. This said, the hotel is located very close to some great restaurants and shops so you can find cheaper and more interesting alternatives to what the hotel offers.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank indunlao

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mannheim, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

IT was a wonderful experience, great service and friendly personnel. The view of Frankfurt city fantastic. Buffet Breakfast was plentiful with warm and cold dishes. valet parking was good except for the parking fee at Eur 27/day was too high. Excellent location if you want shopping, city tour.
The beds, pillows were excellent. They give you so many pillows, bathrobes and slippers. It is indeed a 5 Star Hotel!

Room Tip: Corner suites you will have a better view.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jellypie1963
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

Rooms are perfect and the location is even better. Its the usual Hilton experience, very comfortable and the Breakfast is second to none.
The mini bar and in house food and drink are scandalously overpriced as usual but its not as if you have to buy anything in there when there is a whole city on the doorstep.
There was a 20 min queue for breakfast on the saturday which is about the only drawback.

Room Tip: Rooms on the park side are quieter if you need to leave a window open.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bohsfan
Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

Great hotel for a fantastic price.
We stayed for two nights, you can go from it to anywere in the city center of Frankfurt walking. Fantastic location.
Huge lobby.
Look for offers on websites.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Drpablo10
Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

If you are looking for something different or special and you are in a mood for a (good or bad) surprise, you might consider staying elsewhere. Being a part of a chain, you'll get in Frankfurt whatever you get in any other Hilton.
Overall, I do find it to be on a slightly overpriced side even after one take into the account the reliability factor. A big minus in all Hilton hotels is that one has to pay extra (and sometimes even more than it is stated on the web site) for the internet connection. This is a bit odd given that most hotels, even those of lower category) provide a free or at least internet access at reasonable prices.
The hotel web site is not very informative on how to reach the hotel by using public transportation. For those who for whatever reason prefer public transportation, the nearest U-bahn station, just around the corner from the hotel, is Eschenheimer Tor.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise and the view is usually much better.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank UnbiasedChick
Piacenza, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

On 24/11 evening, after a company all day workshop done in the reserved Frankfurt Hilton Hotel meeting space and rooms, we went to the Hilton restaurant where a large area was dedicated to the company dinner closing the event;
I sat at the left corner of a table, around I had only colleagues and a Managing Director in front of me.
I put my bag on the floor, on the right side of the chair.
Few minutes after I sat at the table, my bag and the bag of a colleague sitting at the same table were stolen.
The last thing I can remember since the last time I saw my bag was a waiter asking if I liked red or white wine.
Apart from my colleague's and my shock and regret for the theft, the whole company dinner was ruined by this fact.

I'm really disappointed to say that my colleague and I didn't receive an adequate care from the Hilton Hotel but we felt only part of a "mechanical procedure":
- the rooms were checked to verify that we didn't hide the bags inside: personally, I perceived this suspicious task very offensive;
- nothing was done immediately to find the bags and to prevent them to be took out of the hotel;
- nothing was offered to us to recover from the shock (no water, no coffee... and notice that we didn't had dinner because of the theft);
- we received a form to be filled with the list of the stolen things inside the bag, but we didn't receive any information regarding the insurance and how and if we will be contacted;
- I had to postpone the flight back because I had to go to the embassy for the identy document replacement:
Hilton made my Company to pay the extension of my room, no proposal was done to my company in order to offer the night and the extension of the room;
- I've not been contacted by the Hotel after my departure so I phoned the Hilton Hotel Frankfurt last week to have feedback, but I didn't receive attention and information (I've been only given the police phone number!!!): this is simply not acceptable.

I really hope that I can finally receive the attention and the care that a Hilton customer deserves and pays so I can change the terrible feeling I've associated to the experience in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Cristina N
annikaschmidt, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt City Centre, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Dear CristinaN,

First of all we would like to take the opportunity to re-iterate our sincere apologies for the inconvenience the incident has caused.
We are aware that in the time between your post on 'trip advisor' and today, you have been in closer contact with our General Manager.
However, at this stage we would like to express our sincere regrets about your feeling of a lack of communication on our side with regards to the incident on this platform as well.

Of course the security of our guests is paramount to us and hence we cannot but repeat our deepest concern and apologies for what has nevertheless happened. Needless to say that we shall inform you instantly, should we receive any information besides the facts we do have at this point. The next follow up will take place by end of this month by us and we shall contact you directly as recently ensured by email.

Whilst very much hoping to be able to regain your trust into the Hilton Frankfurt and our service, we remain at your entire disposal.

With kind regards,

Annika Schmidt
Kolbotn, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2011

close to old town and shopping. good rooms. lounge not worth its money. internett access cost me €22. should be a part of the executive package.

• Stayed December 2011