“very unpolite staffs”

Ranked #30 of 268 Hotels in Frankfurt
Seoul, South Korea
“very unpolite staffs”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Firstly,I booked this hotel through Booking.com. when i wishes to check-in, the staff could not find my reservation. 5 min later, she brough another staffs for checking my reservation and explained that " she is the master to find names" but she either could not find my name.
They even did not apolozed about inconvenience with my check-in. I, myself found reservation number to them but they again said that this is not the confirmation number. I finally called to 24 hour customer service on bookin.com and they called hilton directly to give my confirmation number. It took 30 min to check-in. If they could not find my name, they should try few ways to type my name but they responded with cold and arrogant face.
Uppon check-in, I showed my Hilton HHonors Gold card to them but again, no room upgrade mentioned. I mentioned firstly whether room upgrade is possible, then they lately gave me an executive room. close to my check-in, there was no explation about complimentary breakfast since i have gold card. Also, when i asked about the wifi, the staff said that it is 25 euro per day. I again told her that wifi access is free for gold member and she said no! I worked at Hilton property for few years, it is very basic knowledge about Hhonors benefit.

second point is that there was automatic credit card guarantee for many times during the day. I visited reception desk again and asked regarding this metter. The staff again with cold and with german acent said that this is an automatic system. My point is that they should inform guest in prior time to avoid guest panic.

Uppon check-out. I thought that room was already paid since i booked through Booking.com. Again, the staff with ridiculous and serious face tought me that room is not paid. So, I just gave them cash and left hotel. Actually, I check-out hotel earlier than I should check-out. I seriously did not want to stay at this hotel any more with not trained and not service oriented staffs.

I even didnt try executive lounge bar and breakfast at that hotel. The room was exeptable compared to price but i really wish to argue with this hotel since the staffs are not customer or foreigner welcomed.

More than disappointed!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lovemeuni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Love this hotel.

Stayed at the Frankfurt Hilton in March 2013. The hotel is very nice... large rooms and love the lobby areas, all overlooking the main atrium.

Breakfast was good, large selection, hot & cold.

Located fairly central in Frankfurt, a walk away from any of the attractions including the Christmas market or shopping streets.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
County Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Hotel location was very good as we visited the Christmas Markets and some of the attractions in the city. Only a few minutes walk to the shops and central areas. Staff were very helpful in accommodating our needs with our young daughter. Usual Hilton standards in terms of cleanliness, presentation and service.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Yevragca
annikaschmidt, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt City Centre, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Greetings from Frankfurt to Doha! Thank you for choosing the Hilton Frankfurt for your accommodation during your recent trip, and for taking the time to post this review.
Your comments about our whole team were wonderful to hear, as they are such a great motivation for us all as we continually strive to perfect our service. We were very glad to hear that you enjoyed our location in the city centre, and we hope that you and your young daughter had a brilliant time at the Christmas Markets!
Thank you once again for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Frankfurt soon.
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Did a package with BA and stayed at the Hilton - beautiful hotel not far from all the shops and the xmas market and convenient to underground stations. Staff were exceedingly helpful , friendly and efficient. The rooms were an excellent standard.

Room Tip: pool was excellent but renovation going on in fitness area so could not use sauna- hot tub etc
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Carolyn,
Greetings to the UK from Germany! Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Frankfurt for your accommodation during your recent trip, and for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.
We loved hearing that you found our location ideal for enjoying the city of Frankfurt, and especially the wonderful Christmas Markets, and your comments about our whole team were also brilliant to hear. Your feedback truly is a great motivation to us all, so thank you for sharing your views with us.
We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Frankfurt in the near future!
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to the Frankfurt Hilton. It's very conveniently located near the Christmas Market and the nice bit of downtown Frankfurt. The city itself has improved dramatically since I first visited in the early 1990s, which was a nice surprise, and the Hilton is a pleasant, comfortable place to enjoy it. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the fitness center is undergoing renovation. Nice lobby, good breakfast. Unfortunately no coffee maker in the room, but there was a hot pot and instant coffee and tea bags. Better than nothing, which seems to be the German standard.

In short, not the best hotel you'll ever visit but they deliver consistent high quality and a comfortable bed. I will stay there again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear John,
Greetings from Germany to the US! Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, and for choosing the Hilton Frankfurt for your accommodation during your recent trip.
We were delighted to hear that you found our location ideal for enjoying one of Germany’s best attractions- the wonderful Christmas Markets- and that you had a pleasant stay. We are pleased to inform you that although we are currently offering an alternative Fitness First fitness centre for our guests’ use while our onsite centre is under refurbishment, the onsite facility will reopen in January, better than ever before!
Thank you once again for your kind words about our team, John, which are truly a motivation to us all. We will be sure to pass on your feedback.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Frankfurt in the near future!
toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

After looking at the website and seeing the reviews here, I was feeling fairly confident that I'd made a decent choice for a stopover in Frankfurt. However, our room was nothing like the photos we saw.
It was super tiny with two single beds and overlooking a rooftop with gigantic spotlights shining in that light up the building. It was a back of the bus sort of room to be sure.
Other than that, it was clean and the experience was fairly corporate and standard.
If you stay here, there's not much in the area but we found a nice and basic resto called Urban Kitchen near by that was perfect if you don't want to venture far.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Frankfurt for your accommodation during your recent trip, and for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor.
We were very sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to our usual high service standards, and for that we would like to wholeheartedly apologize. Please understand that during periods of high occupancy we cannot always promise rooms on high floors like many of those pictured on review websites.
Your comments truly help us to continually improve our service, and so we are very grateful that you have taken the time to share your views, and we would like to apologise once more for clearly having failed to make your trip to Frankfurt a more memorable experience.
Nevertheless, we hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel soon.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this Hilton for the second time during 2013. I have to stay it is a good hotel at an excellent, central and nice location. One of the special things is the public part around it and having everything in walking distance. Some aspects of it are some dated...but nothing to complain about it. It seems a bit expensive since it is a bit dated and also considering all the new hotels around it. It's worth looking around a bit - there should better rooms/hotels available for this price.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Sidra S
annikaschmidt, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt City Centre, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear Sidra,
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Frankfurt as your accommodation during your recent trip and for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had the opportunity to explore the city of Frankfurt lying on our doorstep!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Frankfurt soon, but in the meantime send our best regards from Germany to the UK.
Yours,