I have stayed at the Hilton Frankfurt on business a number of times, but this visit was my first for a couple of years. The hotel is very centrally located, being close to the Zeil (with its many shops and restaurants) and an easy walk to the Business District. For those sports lovers staying away from home on their own, Waxys Irish bar is only a few minutes away with a good selection of beers and many screens for watching Premier/Champions League football etc. There is also a new Argentinean restaurant, called Buffalo’s, practically opposite the hotel and the food is superb (if you enjoy steaks and Malbec)!
The look and feel of the hotel is relatively modern and sleek and the rooms are clean, well appointed and of a reasonable size with comfortable beds and a good walk in shower. I had a warm welcome on arrival and check out was efficient and friendly. I didn’t eat in the restaurant but used the bar on both nights and the service was very good and prices relatively OK. I find the bar a bit too open and it has almost an airport feel but it’s no big deal.
On the negatives, I agree with many others who have commented on the cost of the ‘add on’s’. €25 for Internet usage in the rooms is extortionate and €33 for breakfast is also way too steep. The lack of complimentary water in the rooms means you have to pay €4.5 for a small bottle. In this sense it does feel as if once you’re staying you’ll get fleeced for items that are par for the course, or far cheaper, in other same class hotels.
All in all a good Business traveler hotel but watch the extras.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded within a large park, the modern Hilton Frankfurt City Centre is an oasis of calm and relaxation in the vibrant city centre. Frankfurt attractions and shopping locations are on your doorstep. Spacious rooms and suites feature fresh colours and panoramic windows offering views over the city or the park. Take your time to unwind at the restaurant PARK restaurant & terrace or VistaBar & Lounge and recharge your body and mind in the Health & Fitness Club with half-olympic indoor pool overlooking the park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Frankfurt City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Frankfurt Hotel Frankfurt
- Hilton International Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Hilton International