“Very satisfying stay....”

Hilton Frankfurt City Centre
Ranked #31 of 271 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Spent a week there , was a very good stay , walking distance from shopping area , was fascinated by the free of charge olympic pool , tasty but expensive food by room service , free nice friendly stuff , would definitly recommend it....

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank rana_naguib
HiltonFrankfurt, Hilton Frankfurt at Hilton Frankfurt City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear rana_naguib,

thank you very much for your kind feedback and your recommendation of Hilton Frankfurt.
We are looking forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed in the Hilton Frankfurt for some 8 days and therefore have some longer experience on which to base our comments.

The good: a modern hotel with a great location in the city, near to art museums, opera, shopping, many restaurants, local parks, etc., a friendly and helpful front desk and door staff, and a great (although open to the general public) exercise hall and pool attached.

The bad: mediocre housekeeping and overcharging for everything imaginable.

We arrived in mid-morning after a long trans-Atlantic flight from the US and were immediately given an early-arrival room, as I had requested in advance, that allowed us to shower and rest for a while pending our local friends' arrival to escort us out to dinner.

While I am a silver-level HHonors Member, this level did not include many services, such as in-room WiFi or any breakfast entitlement, and we were soon to learn that the hotel grossly overcharges guests for these common services, with cold or hot breakfasts ranging from Euro 20 to Euro 30 PER PERSON PER DAY and in-room WiFi at Euro 30 PER DAY. Anything consumed from the in-room mini-bar was Euro 4 or higher, including just bottled water.

While you could escape these ridiculous charges by using the 'free' WiFi in the lobby or just walking to a local restaurant with breakfast prices at a fraction of the Hilton, why do they insist on these overcharges in the first place? (The restaurant was nearly empty of guests for the entire time we were there -- over one week -- and lower, more reasonable pricing might draw more hotel guests and locals to try their restaurant.)

The housekeeping attendant for our floor did only the superficial minimum so that he could check off the room as attended. The bathroom floor, particularly under the open sink area, was so filthy (discovered after we dropped a pill there) that we had to leave a towel under there so he might discover the collection of guests' hair, dirt and grit. The (instant) coffee was not regularly replenished. We had to go to the housekeeper's cart to get a second towel on some days, since he left only one. The room was NEVER vacuumed during our 8-day stay. Even after mentioning some of these shortcomings to the front desk, nothing improved.

Our bottom line: we enjoyed the hotel, the sense of quiet and security that it gave us, the great city location and the overall friendly staff. Both the overcharging and the housekeeping deficiencies are something the hotel management can correct, if it wishes. We recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the beautiful garden / park in the back, unless you just have to look at...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Wyomite:

I am so sorry you found your bathroom unacceptable and service of housekeeping overall not as you can expect in Hilton. I can assure you that is not the standard in our hotel. We work hard to make sure our housekeepers keep each and every guest room and bathroom clean; my apologies. I hope you consider staying with us again. We’d love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience ever.

Rene Schmidt
Rooms Division Manager
Hilton Hotel Frankfurt
Rene.schmidt@hilton.com

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We were very happy with the quality of the hotel, and the location, and the security. Surprisingly in Frankfurt, many of the hotels are located near the train station, which is not nearly as nice an area as where the Hilton is --even though it is only a mile or so away. There are not very many hotels in this area, which makes the Hilton stand out. The Hilton is fairly new, near a metro stop, and right by the Zeil and the Fressegasse, and about 100 yards from a great Irish pub. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the Romer/St Paul's area. There is free wifi in the lobby, and a superb fitness center attached to the hotel. We had a great time. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We liked our view of the park
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonFrankfurt, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear pvbbeachgirl,

thank you very much for your positive feedback! You made a good description of the hotel's location. One recommendation from my side: On Friday's there is weekly market with regional gastronomic specialties a two minutes walk away from the hotel, next to the 'Eschenheimer Tor'. Maybe you like to check it out next time you will stay with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Being an Hhonors member, I truly took advantage of this hotel. Internet and breakfast are included due to that reason. If you would like to pay anyway for a great breakfast, thanks to which you will not need another meal till very late that same day, do so. The variety is incredible, I loved getting up in the morning. I also got some welcome sweets in the room the first night, a very nice touch.
As for the room, it was huge for one, specially for european standards. Very comfortable bed and with a park view; quiet; excellent sleep quality. There was a coffee machine, safe and mini bar (although with minimal space for your stuff, if you buy outside and bring it to the room). As for the bathroom, there was a shower and a tub, great water pressure. I appreciate a very good lighting in any room, which this one accomplished. They leave Evian water for free daily.
The building is very beatiful, perfect to take pictures; it is very well located near the train station but also in a very quiet location. It has a nice gym with a pool.
One of the negatives is that they charge you for every call that you make, even though you call a free number. That should not be necessary for such a chain. Same thing for internet.
The staff is very polite and they can fix tours for you. Overall I highly recommend this hotel. I would totally come back if I could. Very enjoyable!

Room Tip: Ask for park view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Katris,

I totally love reading you review and like to thank you much for your detailed feedback.

Regarding internet, I woul like to inform you that it is provided by external company and therefore we have little input in their pricing strategies. However, we are pleased to let you know that not only is wifi access complimentary in all public areas, but we also offer a connectivity station in our lobby that is free of charge for all guests.

We would be very happy to welcome you again, whenever your travel plans take you back to Frankfurt.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

What to tell... It is a Hilton. Deliveres the standards expected by Hilton and doesn't especially exceed them. Offeres really nice views of Germany's only skyline, so make sure your room faces the right direction. Breakfast in the Executive lounge isn't half as good as the one down in the lobby.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Indichur
HiltonFrankfurt, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Indichur,

thanks for your review.
Please understand that we cannot offer the selection to the Executive Lounge, as in our restaurant. Alternatively, you can also enjoy a small breakfast at the Vistabar!

We are hoping to welcome you back to Hilton Frankfurt very soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I arrived very early (8:30 am) and the front desk was able to move my reservation to a room that was available which was appreciated. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Everything in working order and well maintained. Surprised that in-room coffee service was instant coffee so I didn't use.

The location was convenient for my business meetings and also close to shopping and restaurants. It is a bit far from the train station if have a large suitcase.

Wifi in the room is ridiculously expensive - in the lobby it is free - however, most seating in the Lobby is in the bar so felt compelled to buy an overpriced beverage one evening as I was there for a bit of time (and certainly cheaper than paying for in room access.).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear SF94597,

warm greetings to sunny California!

Thank you for your kind review of your last stay at Hilton Frankfurt.
Please allow me one personally note for your next stay. The traffic connection via public transport is the quickest way to the hotel. At Frankfurt Central Station take the S-Bahn (city train) to 'Hauptwache' and change there into the subway to 'Eschenheimer Tor'. It's a 1 minute walk away from Hilton Frankfurt.

We are hoping to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Really nice hotel, from outside its not much attractive, but when you enter the lobby you will be definitely amazed! Good rooms (as a diamond member I got an upgrade to executive room). Unfortunately when my arrival I got a bad experience. I arrived at 2.15 pm (hotel check in time 2 pm) but room is not ready, and the receptionist suggested to roam the city and come! I drove all the way from Luxembourg in a 32 degree hot weather, that's the last thing I want to do! after 45 miniutes when I remind them only I got the room!!. When my check out also they charged 90 euros for the room services. But actually I ordered only 51 euros. I noticed it when I came back to UK only. Then I contacted the hotel over the phone and mentioned, they checked and apolagised, and promised to pay back the amount over charged. But still I am not received! Breakfast excellent. Very good location also.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank Prem K
HiltonFrankfurt, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear guest,

thank you for having shared your valuable feedback.
We are sorry you had this bad experience last time. We would be really happy to welcome you at the Hilton Frankfurt again. Please rest assured that we will make your stay a memorable experience.

Best regards