Stayed over for 3 nights with my mother and my 2.5 years old son, we arrived by taxi and first impression of the hotel was good however I saw 2 concerige standing outside the hotel but no one offered us any help with our luggage when we were struggling carrying 3 suitcases with my son as well! Then afterwards a Mercedes Benz came and parked outside the hotel behind our taxi and the concerige went there to help one man straight away! I couldnt belileve it as if they think they will probably get more tips for their service!!
Went to check in desk and waited as that man who got help with the concerige went in front of us so I waited patiently although there was another lady behind the reception but she looked busy and never said anything to me so I thought I would just be polite and wait.. then another 5 mins later still waiting but a woman suddently went in front of me and started talking to that busy lady behind recpetion and she was helping her! So obviously she wasnt busy but she wouldnt help me to check-in!
After checked in and went to the room and I have to say the room was nice and spacious and the travel bed for my son was already there and no problem! However the next 2 days no one came to clean and service our room at all from Housekeeping and I had to ask them to clean the room every day! (We left in the morning and came back at 3pm and no DO NOT DISTURB sign left outside the room)
Breakfast was good and restaurant staff generally very nice!
Hotel location is good - 10 mins walking distance to the big Zeli shopping centre to the left or a food/restaurants street and the opera house towards the right.
You have to pay for the fitness service and wifi in room which are very expensive 25 euros for wifi in room and 12 euros per day for fitness service which I think should be included. I know there's free wifi in the lobby but signal not strong, I cant even load any photos... and I've had a look around that a lot of the hotels in Frankfurt now offering free wifi in room.
We travel all over the world and always stay in 4 stars plus hotel but I am not sure if we come back and stay at Hilton brand hotels again as I've stayed in 2 Hiltons in 2 weeks time and both times are not that impressive!
Overall impression is that the staff seem to be more helpful to some ethnic groups rather than others. If you dont care about the service then its a good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded within a large park, the modern Hilton Frankfurt City Centre is an oasis of calm and relaxation in the vibrant city centre. Frankfurt attractions and shopping locations are on your doorstep. Spacious rooms and suites feature fresh colours and panoramic windows offering views over the city or the park. Take your time to unwind at the restaurant VistaBar & Lounge and recharge your body and mind in the Health & Fitness Club with half-olympic indoor pool overlooking the park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Frankfurt City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Frankfurt Hotel Frankfurt
- Hilton International Frankfurt
- Frankfurt Hilton International