“A comfortable Hilton property.”

Hilton Frankfurt City Centre
Ranked #31 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Hunters Hill, Australia
“A comfortable Hilton property.”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

The check in was smooth and our room on the executive floor was ready on our arrival. Andreas on the executive floor provided outstanding service throughout our stay. The lounge area was small but welcoming with the usual executive floor privileges. We opted to eat breakfast here each morning although there was a large airy comfortable restaurant on ground level. Our room was a pleasant surprise, especially the bathroom. It was huge by regular hotel standards. We were right in the city yet noise was not an issue. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel. (We did pay a premium price through a travel agent)

Room Tip: Don't book your room through a travel agent. Do it on line yourself and you will save money.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed over for 3 nights with my mother and my 2.5 years old son, we arrived by taxi and first impression of the hotel was good however I saw 2 concerige standing outside the hotel but no one offered us any help with our luggage when we were struggling carrying 3 suitcases with my son as well! Then afterwards a Mercedes Benz came and parked outside the hotel behind our taxi and the concerige went there to help one man straight away! I couldnt belileve it as if they think they will probably get more tips for their service!!

Went to check in desk and waited as that man who got help with the concerige went in front of us so I waited patiently although there was another lady behind the reception but she looked busy and never said anything to me so I thought I would just be polite and wait.. then another 5 mins later still waiting but a woman suddently went in front of me and started talking to that busy lady behind recpetion and she was helping her! So obviously she wasnt busy but she wouldnt help me to check-in!

After checked in and went to the room and I have to say the room was nice and spacious and the travel bed for my son was already there and no problem! However the next 2 days no one came to clean and service our room at all from Housekeeping and I had to ask them to clean the room every day! (We left in the morning and came back at 3pm and no DO NOT DISTURB sign left outside the room)

Breakfast was good and restaurant staff generally very nice!

Hotel location is good - 10 mins walking distance to the big Zeli shopping centre to the left or a food/restaurants street and the opera house towards the right.

You have to pay for the fitness service and wifi in room which are very expensive 25 euros for wifi in room and 12 euros per day for fitness service which I think should be included. I know there's free wifi in the lobby but signal not strong, I cant even load any photos... and I've had a look around that a lot of the hotels in Frankfurt now offering free wifi in room.

We travel all over the world and always stay in 4 stars plus hotel but I am not sure if we come back and stay at Hilton brand hotels again as I've stayed in 2 Hiltons in 2 weeks time and both times are not that impressive!

Overall impression is that the staff seem to be more helpful to some ethnic groups rather than others. If you dont care about the service then its a good hotel.

Room Tip: Room with the park view is nice
5 Thank Pangster81
HiltonFrankfurt, General Manager at Hilton Frankfurt City Centre, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Pangster81,

Thank you very much for your review.

First of all, we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced at the Hilton Frankfurt. Please rest ensured, that we have taken all appropriate actions to prevent this unfortunate mishappening during your arrival as well as during your stay.

We would like very much for you to regain the trust in our brand as well as in our property in Frankfurt. Please feel free to reach out to me directly in case you have any further booking inquiries, so I can personally ensure, that your next visit to the Hilton Frankfurt will be a full success.

Best regards,

Susanne Brückner,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Very nice hotel in the city centre of Frankfurt. Rooms are very comfortable and we very much liked the good sized bathroom with shower separate from bath. Hotel is very clean and staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast downstairs has a good variety of hot and cold items but it is very busy. We preferred breakfast in the club lounge which was much more limited but far more relaxing. The lounge is small with limited seating but has a few extra seats upstairs via an internal staircase. Drinks and canapes were quite ok. The only negatives were the expensive parking and dinner in the downstairs restaurant which was heavily overpriced for what they served. Our 35 Euro plus steaks were overcooked and it took a long time to get our meals. So we would give this a miss next time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goodfoodfanOZ
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel overlooks a beautiful park and is very near some lovely restaurants. Our two rooms on the 8th floor were roomy. The attached gym was terrific and the pool was nice although divided into lanes so there was no bopping around area...just swimming lanes. It was pouring rain when we went and the hotel gave out many umbrellas -- was a relief, The hotel staff was as lovely as could be. The breakfast area was closed when we came down to eat but the attendant at the cafe helped get us what we wanted. Unfortunately she charged us the hotel buffet price. (Which would have been ok had we access to the entire buffet). Internet is not free in rooms...my kids had to keep going to the lobby to get access. The hotel definitely caters to the middle eastern/Arab crowd. The location was great.

1 Thank Pat S
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This is my 2nd stay in this hotel in 2 consecutive summers booking 3 rooms for a big family , Perfect location, nice hotel, nice rooms, excellent breakfast and excellent staff, yet I think there is always some room for development.

First although many of the hotel guests are from the middleeast (Arabs and muslims) I cant see enough consideration for that neither in the break fast menu (as most of the meat items in the breakfast includes pork) and till now Toilets doesnt have any sort of Bidet, though such addition can be fixed to the bath room easily and could be temporary.

Second Reception staff must have more tools to gain the customer satisfaction, when I told her that its my 2nd year in this hotel and I'm booking 3 rooms for 4 days , she didnt do any good gesture of upgrading or giving some free stuff !! Normally we get a special treatment in such case. yet for her she said I can give you nothing except the complimintary water bottles in the room !!! what avbout free internet , or parking or upgrade !!!!

In General , I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
HiltonFrankfurt, Executive Office at Hilton Frankfurt City Centre, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear suzi50179,

thank you very much for having chosen again the Hilton Frankfurt as your preffered choice of accommodation during your recent trip to the city.

We are very delighted about your review.
Please rest assured that we do very much appreciate your comments regarding the breakfast menu and the reception staff to further improve the comfort of our guests.

Whils hoping to be able to welcome you back whenever your travel plans will bring you to the city I remain with best regards,

Baldock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

First to note was the fantastic location and aesthetics of the hotel, both of which were outstanding. As was the room which backed onto an idyllic park.
However bookers should note that the gym is not included in the basic stay but costs €12 per person per day.
We also received a fairly strange reception by the staff who appeared to be amused by us, being a pair of 18 year olds naturally we were out of place in this 5 star hotel, though nonetheless they were aware of this and not sure why it warranted this reaction!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear EvensFamily,

greetings to Baldock and thank you very much for your recent stay at the Hilton Frankfurt. And of course we are very thankful about the fact that you are sharing your valuable feedback with the community.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the situation at the check-in. Please rest assured that we all are happy to welcome a young couple at our hotel and I really do hope that you did not take the behavior personally against you.

Therefore I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Friendly staff in reception, but restaurant and bar staff delivering "mixed service levels".
Room was too warm, A/C not fixing it and window could not be opened. Bed only of ok standard and pillows felt synthetic in a very uncomfortable way - in all not good sleep.
Breakfast had most things you expect, but food was of poor quality and plates were often left empty at the buffet.
No complimentary Wifi in rooms and the "free Wifi in public areas" promised on the web page didn't work. In combination with no network connection at all for mobile phones inside the hotel, this place is not at all living up to modern standards.

Room Tip: Book another hotel...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank SaltisM
Dear Ask SaltisM,

thank you very much for your recent stay and for sharing your valuable feedback with the community.

We are sorry to hear that your experiences did not match with your expectations and we obviously failed to make your visit to Frankfurt a more memorable experience.
Please rest assured that your comments help us to continually improve our service, so we would like to further thank you for taking the time to give your valued feedback.

I sincerely hope that you would still reconsider and potentially give the team a second chance.

Best regards,