“Inexpensive, nice staff, but not a great neighborhood”
Review of Lloyed Hotel

Lloyed Hotel
Ranked #169 of 270 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one Saturday night in may. It's a bit tired and a little run down but if you're not spending lots of time in the room, who cares?
Didn't feel unsafe, but the neighborhood felt a bit unsavory. There were youth hanging on the corner drinking and celebrating a football game. Staff was very friendly helpful and multilingual. Wake up call can be scheduled. Very very difficult parking situation so be prepared to pay to park in a very cramped secured lot.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Joseph H

Reviewed 25 May 2013

There were dirty towels in the sink, presumably from the previous guests. There was chewed gum in the comment-card box. Based on this, who knows what else hadn't been cleaned properly.

The staff was very cold and unprofessional. For example, when we asked for internet, we were given a code good for one computer. We asked for two more so that more than one person could use their laptop (three of us were paying to stay there, after all), and while the request was granted, it didn't come without a heavy dose of attitude and questioning as to why on earth isn't one computer enough for three people.

I do not suggest walking to this location at night. It is a really sketchy area, and while arriving there during the day was okay, going out at night showed just how sketchy it is, and I wouldn't dream of walking through there with my luggage in the dark.

I could have ignored most of this, not written any sort of review, and moved on. I've stayed in worse places. However, the deal breaker is that the hotel has stolen money from me, and has not replied to my numerous attempts to contact them in the last month to get my money back.

It began with them actually wanted me to write all of my credit card information through email. This isn't even legal in some countries, because it's so insecure and so easy to have your account stolen. Then they wouldn't do something as simple as take my card number over the phone. So my only option was to put the money straight into their bank account. When it turned out there was a chunk of change leftover that they owed me back, they began completely ignoring me and my attempts to rectify it. I have been writing emails and calling them for over a month now, and no one will answer or reply! This is nothing other than theft.

If this is ever rectified, I will remove this review.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sam187350
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed here on Monday 22nd April 2013. I was on my way back from Burgas, Bulgaria on the coach trip from hell and decided to abandon ship and book a hotel. Unfortunately, my budget was REALLY low and so I went to the very helpful travel information offices situated inside the main railway station... directly opposite the exit from the metro/subway.

Through them I was directed to and booked into the Hotel Lloyed. The hotel is 2 stops away on the No 37 bus... ask for stop Helldenbron. From the bus stop it is another 100 m to the hotel. The booking in process seemed very complicated and involved giving the same information to them that I had already received confirmation off in the request for the room from the TIO? However, after a little hiccup, I was shown to the annex at the rear of the main hotel. Thankfully there was a lift and I was soon inside my room on the 2nd floor.

I was very unhappy about the size of the single bed... it was really nothing more than you would get on an overnight sleeper service on Bulgarian/Ukranian train services!!! I am disabled and one of my problems is that I cannot have my feet covered at night and am constantly trying to keep them cool/cold? This means trying to get my feet clear of the duvet, but everytime I tried this in this 'bed/cot'...I smashed my feet against the bedside desk or the wall?

The room was quite dated and the TV system only showed German entertainment, no other language films or sport were shown... although there were 3 news channels in English!!! The bathroom was OK, towels were a little small, but as I was only there for one night I didn't worry about that. I had noticed the little bar and restaurant as I booked in, but due to being so tired from the coach trip... I had a shower and after going to bed at about 17:45... never woke up again until 06:22 the following morning!!! The hotel offers free WiFi, which although a little slow was ok for a free service... my one query is it shows an 'open service' but you need a password issued by the hotel. I accessed this via the room phone and was given the 'unique' username and password. I sent a few email and after a quick shower hit the breakfast room, which is inside the main hotel itself.

You are given a 'breakfast token' on arrival which allows you the breakfast for €6.00. I found the breakfast room to be very pleasant with a small bar in the corner. But the breakfast choice was fantastic!!! There were 5 choices of cold meats, 5 choices of cheeses, salad, olives, cereals, bread, rolls, butters, spreads and much more besides. There were at least 6 different teas to choose from and the waitress was always on hand to clear away tables and restock the choices offered... oh yes and there were hot choices as well in the meal section!!!

I ended up having 5 cups of green tea, and made 3 trips to the breakfast food tables to try different choices. I think the waitress must have thought I had hollow legs, but the truth was travelling by coach had meant I had not had a proper meal for over 32 hours by the afternoon of arrival... and because I had not managed to wake up after going to bed, that had now reached 50 hours without a decent meal... so to have this amazing choice was too good an opportunity to miss!!!

Overall, the hotel was really a high end 'Budget' hotel. The price of €39.00 for the night was very excessive considering how small the room/bathroom/bed, was. The noise from people using the stairs was very loud, but as I was so tired I managed to keep falling straight back to sleep. And the total including the breakfast came to €45.00... but the saving grace really was that amazing breakfast choice. Would I use the hotel again? Probably not, there are a few more bar/cafes in the surrounding streets (found the following morning.) but it doesn't seem like a great area as it has a very high immigrant population... which doesn't make it bad/unsafe, just not very welcoming.

Room Tip: The hotel is situated in a fairly normal street, so not subject to much traffic and as I was in the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BPLegend1948
Reviewed 13 April 2013

This is rather nice hotel on the outskirts of Frankfurt's centre (you can definitely walk to all the places from there, the nearest would be the central train station - 10 mins walk, and you can go anywhere from there on).
the price we paid was very acceptable for the hotel in the centre of the busy city, and the breakfast we had was not bad at all.
the parking is 10 euros per night and I wish we'd used it because we parked on some residential street nearby and got a ticket for being present in some "low emission zone" which is allegedly followed by the fine of 40 euros - beware!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2013

If you want internet in your room, forget about Lloyed hotel. There was no telephone numbers list in the room to contact reception, emergency, laundry etc. The minbar contained water, coke and beer but no price list. The hotel does not have a luggage room - we placed them in the kitchen!
To take breakfast, you have to collect the vouchers from the reception and give them to the waitress every day. A good thing about this hotel is its location, near the railway station. Otherwise, I will surely not go again in this hotel.

Room Tip: A basic hotel with a 5 star hotel price!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MicheleMalta
Reviewed 9 December 2012

with a gps the hotel is easy to find. very close to the train station (10-15 minutes walk).the rooms are huge. carpet needs to be changed. get rooms facing the private parking area (€10 per night). if there's a huge car, please request for number 10 the man at the reception will answer all questions with pleasure. nice breakfast buffet.
Frankfurt is a few stops with the metro. If you are 5 persons to travel then I suggest strongly that you buy a day travelling card for less than €10.-!!! After visiting Frankfurt center you would like to take an hours drive to visit the city of Heidelberg with the castle not forgetting the antique cable-car trip to Königstuhl. Do not miss walking and exploring the cobble stoned streets with their beautifully decorated shops.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank swiss_dragon
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Near to the Central Station and the Messe in Frankfurt, this hotel has the necessary for a bussiness visit to the city of Frankfurt. The only issue is the size of the rooms, mine in particular was very small.
The front desk girl was very kind and solved all our requests properly.
Very nice hotel, I recommend it!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business