“Very nice hotel in the city.”

Leonardo Royal Hotel Frankfurt
Ranked #45 of 269 Hotels in Frankfurt
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I stayed here for a conference and had a pleasant stay. There is a busstop across the hotel. Very convenient for visiting many sightseeing in Frankfurt. The sevice in the hotel was very friendly. The rooms were large, comfortable and clean. Moreover the staff at the reception was very friendly, they were able to answer me any of my questions. The restaurants were very nice decorated and the food was fresh and delightful. But the best at this hotel is the most beautiful views about the skyline of Frankfurt.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 October 2011

I discovered this hotel last year, when I attended, as I usually do, the Frankfurt Book Fair. Even if it is not near the city centre, there is a very convenient shuttle (5 euros charge) which takes you directly to the fair and also free transport to it with the Fair Entrance Ticket.
The room was single but ever so big and comfortable, with a desk, nice bathroom, armchair and small table plus a balcony.
I had asked for a view to the cementery, as it is a beautiful wood and more a park than a graveyard. But you can also have a view towards the fantastic skyline of this city which is very appropriately called Mainhattan!
Breakfast was very good and people at Reception were kind and helpful. Highly recommendable!

Reviewed 14 October 2011

I was in Frankfurt on business and stayed at the Holiday Inn primarily through lack of choice as everything near the exhibition halls was either fully booked or too expensive. Saying that, the Holiday Inn FCSCC was far from cheap! The room and bathroom were of a good size but overall the hotel decor and fittings are very tired and in dire need of modernisation. The rate I paid certainly did not match the quality and location of the hotel but they were massively inflated because the Frankfurt Book Fair.

The hotel is at least a 20 minute train and bus ride from the centre of Frankfurt and after returning from the fair I could not face the trip back into the town for dinner. That said the bar/restaurant on site provided food of a fairly good standard and value with a good atmosphere if you like American theme bars from the 70s, though there was a lack of choice.

I stayed for two nights but my room was not made after the first night of my stay. This may have been an oversight but for the price I/my company paid I would certainly expect the room to be made up daily and fresh towels provided. I stayed on business for which the hotel was adequate but expensive and would not consider staying again, for business or leisure.

Room Tip: Good views of the Frankfurt skyline from rooms on the city side.
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We were a little apprehensive booking into this hotel but it was a surprise. The front desk experience was very good and they were very polite. We arrived very early @ 8am and of course we didn't expect to have a room. The front desk, Mr Siva asked us to wait and he got us a room within 2 hours after the guest checked out. For his effort, I am very grateful.

The Hotel is situated in a very convenient location with bus routes (2.4 euro) to city and back. Taxi is around 10 euros.

If we had more time, definitely a place to stay.

Room Tip: Get the executive rooms.... great view of the flight path to airport.
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Pros:
- The hotel has all the required facilities for running business events (large rooms, projectors, witeboards, etc.). Very nice and convenient for it.
- food in the restaurant is good
- it is quiet in the night - nobody disturbed me
- nice view from my balcony
- the room was quite big

Cons:
- price for Wi-Fi is far from commone sense (smth about 70 or 80 euro per day)
- far from major attractions
- it was rather cold in the room
- the room required renovation, it is perceived as obsolent

I can recommend this hotel for running business events but I definitely do not recoment it for private stay. It is far from major attractions and shopping area, there is nothing interesting in the nearby, nothing interesting to do inside the hotel

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Although not as central as the Marriott, its situated a 10 min bus ride from the centre of town, the bus stop is directly outside of the hotel. We stayed on a weekend night whn the hotel seemed to be popular with young male sports teams and elderly tour groups. The check in staff were friendly and welcoming and upgraded both our rooms to executive club rooms for being priority club gold members and gave us a free drinks coucher for drinks in the bar which was a really nice welcome. Our room was impressive and offered all the facilities you would expect of a top class international hotel including spacious bathroom with bathrobes and lots of toiletries, lots of international channels on tv and inroom tea and coffee making facilities. What really made it for us was the amazing view of the frankfurt skyline from the balcony on our 15th floor room,i t really was breathtaking. The hotel has a small healthclub with sauna and turkish steamroom, unfortunatly the steam room was broken and only the sauna operational, it is mixed, so the female member of our group decided not to use it, since there were a load of blokes from stockholm in their 20's completly naked not even wearing towels!!!! Myself and the other British lad I was with, sheepishly went into the sauna with our swimmers on and were abit taken back when one of the lads asked if we were American? he then told us we needed to man up and lose the swimwear stating in Germany it was compulsory to sauna naked, now feeling even more embarassed we decided that when in Rome to do as the romans do so went naked but did not stay very long, so if using a sauna in Germany bear in mind its strictly nude and mixed. We then went to have a barmeal in the hotel bar which is a traditional german beersteube and must say the food was excellent, the biggest cheese burger ive seen and good quality and reasonably priced. We skipped breakfast and opted for a lie in prior to our german home. I f you want a first class international hotel while in Frankfurt, this is a good place to stay

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room so you get a good view of Frankfurt
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Stayed for one night prior to a European tour. Room spacious but weird shape. Location in middle of nowhere. Breakfast fair. Radio didn't work, properly and we were unable to set the alarm, but this did not stop it going off in the middle of the night.Quite expensive for what it offered.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family