Dorint Hotel Frankfurt-Niederrad
US$97
US$160
US$137
  • Restaurant
Hilton Frankfurt Airport Hotel(Frankfurt)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$142
US$115
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewss bahn stationbath showerbusiness tripnice staymini barvery nice hotelaldisaunagraveyarddefendingrewetoiletrieskettle
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We took this hotel for 1 night during transit in Frankfurt. Unfortunately we did not have time to explore as our stay was a short one. The staff were all excellent which left me the impression the place was well managed. Our room for a family of 4 was actually a 2 roomed suite with some sofa beds made up. It was roomy and pleasant with a large bathroom. Our room backed onto the carpark at the back, behind which were railway tracks. As a result, I (light sleeper) was woken a fews times in the night as trains trundled through. Otherwise, the beds we just right. There is a pool which we did not have enough time to use.

For Frankfurt transits, I will probably use this place again as it is less turbulent than the Steigenberger although a little further from the airport.

Room Tip: Some of the taxis in Frankfurt airport do not like driving to these nearby hotels as they have to line up for a long time in the rank only to make a short, low profit, trip afterwards. Life is a little smoother if you offer a decent tip.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Client put me at this hotel because there were nothing available in Darmstadt where I was due to do a presentation. That morning of my presentation I woke up at 4am to work on my computer and after I packed my computer together with my iPad and personal stuff into my bag. I headed to the coffee shop for breakfast and return to the room to find that my computer (Mac Book Pro), the charger, iPad and cash (430 Euros) went missing. I searched the room thoroughly before reporting it to the hotel reception and they said they will send technician to check my door. The technician finally went to my room together with me with his little gadget to read the card reader on my door. This incident happened on the 18th April 2012 but the reader was reading 20th April 2012. Clearly there was something wrong with the system and it's not trust worthy. When we finally entered the room with the technician and his collegue a chamber maid, they both help me search the room again to no avail. My presentation was due in an hour and I needed to sort this matter, I asked for the housekeeper to come see me. A guy by the name of Mr. Yusoff came and all he started to say was that they are not responsible as the reader did not read them entering my room, little did he know that the reader was not giving accurate data. I was not even blaming his staff but instead of offering help he just kept defending. I checked that this hotel has no closed circuit camera monitoring the corridors so I wonder how Mr. Yusoff can be so sure that it was not his staff? The point was I wanted to see if they have seen any suspisious person or they could watch their security camera footage if anyone was seen going into my room an leaving. In the end, no one from the hotel ask if I needed any assistant and not even the manager came to see me or at least give me a call. I wasn't sure it's the hotel policy to just ignore such cases as its may reflect badly on them? Or was it just pure arrogance.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank YougotmailD
Reviewed 8 April 2012

First of all, there should be a sixth label between "average" and "very good". Something like "good". This hotel is more than average at least.

It is located in a quiet business like district, but no to far from city centre and Messe. (5 km; ca. 15€ - 20€ by cab). Due to the fact that our booked double room with single beds was not available (late check-inn) we got an upgrade to a suite without begging or long discussions. This speaks for the service and friendly staff at the hotel.

The room was tidy and well equipped, has WiFi at an acceptable fee, a comfortable double bed. The sleeping couch in the living room was a bit hard. The bathroom is quite nice. All in all the room is a bit dark and the furniture not the most modern I've seen.

All in all a very good hotel at a fair price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I would have given this hotel a much higher rating than I am prepared to because of a practice that is becoming all too commonplace in the hotel and leisure industry. That is DCC or "Dynamic Currency Conversion" whereby the hotel (or wherever) takes it on itself to convert a local currency bill into the native currency of your credit card without asking permission to do so. It hardly needs saying (and is very much my own experience) that the exchange rate you receive under DCC is not favourable.

The Novotel Niederrad (and, sadly, many other Accor properties it would seem) have adopted DCC with enthusiasm. When (on my 2nd visit) I noticed that I was being shown the bill in Euros but then my CC charged in GB Pounds, the receptionist could only offer as explanation, "Accor require us to do this". While I can't validate this statement, it is a disappointing development and one which I would encourage people to watch out for and resist.

I have no issue with being *offered* DCC but I take exception to having it applied in an underhand manner like this.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business